Reviews for LotWR Book Eight: Vampire Down
Clubmeister chapter 19 . 3/11
It's cool that Gideon was able to get out of there.
But so sorry for Axel! And so sorry for Lidia. She is so worry for him!
One hope that Axel is not as naive now as he was when they found him first. So he won't be deceived as easily.
Jarell reminds me Putin now - sick psychopath with delusions of grandeur.
Well, I'll certainly gather myself to read the next part as soon as possible!
dreamerwaking chapter 19 . 3/1
It looks like Lydia has fixed Shade's blood lust problem and Gideon too is well healed. The only wounded one left is Lydia. I'm hoping that her newly formed bond with Axel and her growing gift will somehow help them find a way to rescue him before Jarell has a chance to corrupt his programming.

Great chapter. I loved every heart felt moment between each of the characters.
dreamerwaking chapter 18 . 2/22
Great chapter! Such heartfelt emotion between Lydia and Axel. I feel for her anguish as her fear that he wouldn't return is realised. Corbin has rescued Gideon and Jarell has fled to fight another day, obviously he wants to get to his new 'toy' as quickly as possible and secure him away somewhere the Allender's can't get to. I think he is under estimating them again.

I really hope they can get Axel back soon, before Jarell has a chance to change any of his programming.

All your action scenes are so well written, so visually real, I can picture every bristling hair and snarling fang of Corbin's, every arrogant stance of Jarell's and Gideon's frail, bloodied body. Fantastic writing :)
dreamerwaking chapter 17 . 2/22
My heart is racing from anticipation. That was a fantastic build up of emotions and drama for the upcoming confrontation with Jarell.

They all know it's a trap, that Jarell wants not just Axel but also Corbin and by going alone he is walking straight into the evil angel's hands. I don't know how you plan of getting them out of this one but I'm really anxious to find out.

Great Chapter!
dreamerwaking chapter 16 . 2/19
I was wondering when and how Jarell would make a reappearance. True to form he tortures first and asks questions later. I don't know how Gideon is going to get out of this one. Jarell will no doubt be expecting a rescue party and obviously his goal is to get his hands on both Axel and Corban.

The suspense is almost unbearable.

Great chapter!
dreamerwaking chapter 15 . 2/17
Great chapter. What another great way to show how strong Lydia's gift is by 'hopefully' locking away Shade's blood lust deep inside her mind.

With all the 'fluff' and the drama over Shade's condition, I'd almost forgotten about the traitor who had set them up. No doubt Gideon is in no mood to consider lenience on the poor fool, nor will Corbin when he wakes.

Fantastic story, I'm really enjoying every chapter :)
dreamerwaking chapter 14 . 2/16
Ahhh...young innocent love. They really are a match made in heaven I think ;) I loved all the fluff you put into that chapter, you captured that first moment of mutual attraction perfectly and the awkward indecision about what to do about it.

Great chapter!
dreamerwaking chapter 13 . 2/13
More suspense regarding the outcome of Shade's condition, I'm sure this will be a condition to perplex Gideon and Amanda. Although I get the impression that Lydia's distress for her sister is about to be offset by her crush on Axel :)
dreamerwaking chapter 12 . 2/12
Poor Shade. Just when she thought she had her life riding along smoothly, she gets thrown another curve ball :( With still a few hours before nightfall, she doesn't have either Gideon or Amanda to talk to about this new thirst of hers. No doubt her family will try and console her but they can't give her the answers she needs. For her, I'm sure the next few hours would seem like days while she waits.

You captured her distress perfectly at finding herself in the drug dealers den as she came out of her feral blood lust state only to see the bloody and beaten people strewn around her, not to mention Corbin's shock.

Great chapter.
dreamerwaking chapter 11 . 2/11
A budding romance between an android and a telepathic girl :) This could indeed be very interesting. I'm really excited for Lydia. They are both still so innocent and are both maturing very quickly. Besides the multitude of possible difficulties in the match caused from him being non human, it could still be a match made in heaven for the pair. I think too, that Axel might become a great ally to the Allenders, particularly if protecting Lydia becomes fundamental to his self-programming?

I really love a bit of romance. The more 'fluff' the better for me ;)
dreamerwaking chapter 10 . 2/10
Fascinating chapter. I loved the idea that Vincent has a colleague who has also built an android which is not exactly the same as Sara. No doubt Axel has a few differences in his programing and abilities. It also makes me wonder if he is likely to become a future love interest for Lydia?

I can already see how he could be a star in future books. I can't wait ;)
dreamerwaking chapter 9 . 2/9
Great chapter ;) Your description of the over riding hunger within Shade and her response to it was fantastic. I loved every word :)

I am a little concerned though, about where Shade intends to go to get more blood. Her new hunger is very likely clouding her judgement and in such a state, and being 'Shade', she is likely to find herself in a spot of trouble again? I can't wait to find out.
dreamerwaking chapter 8 . 2/8
Great chapter ;)

Sara is becoming more human by the day and it looks like there might be a second android in that cryo tube. If that's true, then how did Jarel get his hands on Vincent's work to create his own? And, is it male or female? If it's male I would suspect he has a few extra tricks programed into him for combat purposes?

I really liked how you explained Sara's nutritional needs for keeping her synthetic/organic skin healthy, very clever.

I can't wait to see where this all leads to, you have me breathless again, waiting in anticipation ;)
dreamerwaking chapter 7 . 2/5
It's good to see that Vincent Walsh is coming back into the story, I'm sure whoever is in that container could be of great interest to them all.

The side effects of Shade's vampire is showing more of its affects with increasing fatigue as the morning comes on. Very interesting ;) I've very curious to see how much like a vampire she becomes, if its a slow transformation into a full vampire or if she remains human but acquires a few new abilities.

With each chapter there seems to be more questions to answer. Great work :)
dreamerwaking chapter 6 . 2/4
I wasn't sure what to expect with that chapter considering Gideon and Shade were ambushed, I kept waiting for something bad to happen to Corbin and Amanda as well, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the only surprise to be found in the vault was a human being held in stasis.

There are a hundred and one questions surrounding that little find. If this is someone Jarell though was dangerous enough that they needed to be kept in the chiller, it makes me wonder who is this person a danger to, Jarell or Corbin and Amanda?