Reviews for Bullying
Discontinued-Is-Me chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
Ah, this is so sad! Don't let anyone get you down! Good luck!
xXDarkTulipXx chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Very well-written, and had a nice flow to it, thank you for sharing.
tolerate chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
In the second stanza's second, third and fifth line, the 'to' should be 'too'. 'Too' has the meaning of 'also' or 'very', while 'to' commonly expresses motion in the direction of, or some other meanings of which it can also be used but it is not the same as 'too'. The same mistake is in the seventh and last line. I feel 'antidote to the doubt' would sound better if it was 'antidote for the doubt'.

Other than your mistakes, I do like the message of your poem. In society and mostly schools, we view bullying as a black and white thing with the bully being the bad one and the victim being the good one. But it often isn't the case. Sometimes, but not often, bullies bully others because they themselves are hurting, and the only way to ease that pain is to hurt someone else. I think you wrote it in a very precise manner. As for the side effects case, I imagine it's something like when someone is bullying you, you kept quiet about the whole thing. Not reading the side effects first is the same as not telling anyone about it, I suppose, and when you let yourself be hurt, you swallow it all inside and eventually it accumulates.

I love the lines: Was the world always this gray? / Was I always this imperfect? / Was that knife always so tempting? - they capture the emotions of depression well. The following lines were also good. The person in the poem takes bullying a little different from the one who bullied her, and decides to stop the bullying instead of bullying someone else. It's a very clear message that has all the emotions of what a person goes through when bullying or being bullied.

Nicely written, but next time, do look out for the mistakes.
the.heart.is.deceitful chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
This has to be your best poem! And I trully mean it..You did an awesome job and made me tear up...:'( Bullying is definately one of the worst things out there...And you perfectly discribed the feelings of the bullied person, but also the bully himself! Keep writing!