Reviews for Lunch atop a Skyscraper
aly chapter 24 . 6/13/2015
don't know what got that reviewer's panties in a bunch, but definitely don't feel bad about taking a while to update! life gets super hectic at times and it's completely understandable. and sometimes even when you want to write, you just can't. i've been there, i used to write and post regularly but it's been years since i've been able to sit down and write fiction! so honestly i'm thankful that you still update every 1-2 months and you haven't abandoned the story. :)

anyway, i just wanted to say i still love this story even if it's slowed down a bit. i get that other people are upset about the lack of progress between andrew and violet, but that's how life goes sometimes. and that's what makes this story so realistic! most stories are like bam! bam! bam! event after event and every little thing connects. life isn't like that. some relationships (romantic or not) take FOREVER to progress. i can attest to that haha.
Guest chapter 24 . 6/13/2015
Couldn't stand Violet in this chapter. She is just letting everyone walk all over her. I thought she's stronger. I can understand though. When I like someone, all my resolve to be strong goes out of the window when I confront the person I like/love, and I don't actually get to say the things I want to say in my mind out loud. Hope she gets tired of being stepped on, and again, find her brave voice. I almost wish she gets over Andrew and just be done with him, for apparently, Andrew is not in a hurry to make a move, nor is Violet. Both are skittish, and this story will drag on around both of them, waiting for someone to make the bold move or it may just not happen. Andrew does not seem to think that he owes Violet an explanation about Abigail; where is this going?

Thanks for the update.
Guest chapter 24 . 6/13/2015
I love this story, really do. But this chapter was disappointing. Seemed like a filler chapter to me. Sorry. It's just we had to wait so long for this but it didn't live upto my expectations.
carrothead101 chapter 24 . 6/12/2015
Woah why are some people getting pissy about you updating... If they don't want to wait for it THEN DONT CHECK FOR UPDATES, wait a few years then come back when it is completed :), don't be so selfish. This story is incredible but it isn't the only thing you do in your life why are people too stupid to understand that. Anyways it MAKES ME SO FRUSTRATED that violet doesn't even fight back to her parents I think that's where my frustration is going . Even though she has this job and writing opportunity I still feel like she's lost. Can't wait for the next update!
Guest chapter 24 . 6/12/2015
Great chapter! I love all of your stories.

Chakara1winxclub Don't like the length of time she takes to update? Then don't read her stories simple as that. I think that your review is rude especially for someone who doesn't even write on this site.
kiwi.boba chapter 24 . 6/12/2015
Aaaaafgghhh, what a great and horrible chapter! Horrible because, damn, Violet's parents are terrible! Goodness gracious, I wanted to be her best friend number 2 and tell them what was on my mind, hahahaha. And that last part if the chapter, completely loved it. There's just so much unspoken chemistry between the two, and I wish that the two would just make up their minds and ravish each other already.
Guest chapter 24 . 6/12/2015
Best story on fictionpress! Love it
ARulzz chapter 24 . 6/12/2015
You're such a slow updater. Now what's your excuse? Maybe you should put this story on hiatus...or maybe it's the readers who should stop spending time on this...at least until you finish this story, which would be never. I may not have been the busiest person in the whole world, but I don't think you are either, although we both might have had our fair share of busy time. Last two years had been hectic for me, I realize that now when I'm completely free. But you haven't not uploaded regularly from the start of your story. Why are you doing this? To gain more readers? If you doing this, then you're so stupid. When you start another story, only few would take the risk and start reading them, because no one likes an incomplete story, and since you haven't proven yourself to be a good writer, no one would want to take the risk. Just think where you went wrong, and rectify it. It's better late than never.
Dianarra chapter 24 . 6/12/2015
As others have mentioned, I love your characters so much. Sometimes I find myself thinking about this story for days after every update. So when I saw that you updated this morning, I was so eager to catch up on the new chapter and see what went down with that Times assignment. I'm so happy to see that even though time has passed, they both still react to their attraction for one another. You have no idea how happy that makes me.

I also have to mention how I'm pleased that although we still don't have a direct physical description of Violet, which I just realized, we get that Andrew is and always has been attracted to her for many reasons - like her personality, her simplicity, and her dedicated work ethic, as well as just being the basic opposite of her twin
sister.

I'm at a loss for words at what happened this chapter and I'm still trying to process it! Andrew always seems to point out that Violet is so stoic and that she hides what she's feeling from him. I think it's amusing, and frustrating, how Andrew is just as unreadable as well. Like I would love to know what he thinks about the whole situation - about Violet and Abigail, Violet's parents, heck even Chris and his amusing behavior!

I don't know how this story will end and can't even try to predict who will end up with who, but I hope that Violet and Andrew have their happy ending. Violet has already improved so much and I think that she can still find it in herself to stand up to her parents, improve her relationships with her parents and her sister, and fight for Andrew. If she can't wait for him, I hope she can be bold again and make the moves first. One of the weaknesses I found with Abigail is how even she knows that she hasn't been brave enough for Andrew, like look at how long it took for her to go up and finally meet Andrew again. It's even ironic to me how Violet turned out to be Abigail's courage to see Andrew. Violet is not like Abigail at all, as she has been very brave and clear about her feelings for him. I do feel Violet's only downfall is how she sees herself as second-best and I hope that she will overcome that sometime soon.

He, on the other hand, needs to get past his indecisiveness! I love Andrew and I know he likes both Violet and Abigail but he has to make up his mind. Who does he love? That's the ultimate question. I feel like he is in love with the idea of Abigail but that he's actually fallen for and in love with Violet. But, who really knows? ;)

I also find it interesting how we don't know anything new about Andrew and Abigail. Like if they've even seen each other since they went out to get coffee. Violet probably has all these scenarios in her head that I'd be surprised too if Andrew hasn't progressed any further with Abigail either. I'm kinda excited to see what you have planned with Chris and Abigail still in the picture.

You have a way with words and I don't know how, but your simple descriptions of their physical actions, expressions, and scenery are always enough to build the scene in my mind. Like hey, I can feel their ragged breathing and hear their hearts beating fast during that almost-kiss. It's like I'm actually physically there seeing and processing everything through Violet's eyes. This has honestly become one of my all-time favorite stories!
Deeplytrulyinlove chapter 24 . 6/12/2015
cant wait for the next update!
KimberleySacha chapter 24 . 6/11/2015
oh ANDREW!
he's kinda annoying about this Abigail...
and Violet's parents are AWFUL!
whats gonna happen?
please update soon!
J.V.S chapter 24 . 6/11/2015
Thank You ! I've waited so long for this chapter and it was worth the wait... loved it .
sami1995 chapter 24 . 6/11/2015
I love your story so much! It's really great XD. I always wait so patiently for your stories XD
It was such a joy to come to it after a long day .
Man, Violet's parents are something. This chapter was really good at detailing why Violet is so stoic and determined.
I'm wondering about Andrew's reactions. Did it have something to do with pity? Or was he stepping into her shoes and seeing the world from her perspective?
And I liked Violet's reactions. Yes, Andrew deserved that statement. What does he want? Why can't he tell her about what's going on? Why can't he choose? I have a feeling he wants to string her along in case his relationship with Abigail doesn't work out. But Violet will not be a rebound. She's way stronger and determined than that.

I love characters like her because I can relate to them so well. The quiet and yet strong, shy, determined ones. Just give them a chance and they're going to stand up for what they believe in.

Believe me, I'd like nothing more than Andrew to completely break down and even if it takes 30 more chapters for that to happen, I will follow and cherish this story just like before! It's so amazing. There's something elegant and beautiful about your writing that just draws me in.

Haha, I want more Chris antagonizing Andrew! I want the latter to break down and beg for Violet to come back! I want to know what is going on with Abigail. Has she moved on? Why did she come back? I'd love for Violet and Abigail to have a talk together. I'd want...so many things and I know you'll deliver that with your stories XD

I know I'd written in reviews before that I want Chris to have a relationship with Violet...but at the same the way you said he is not interested in her made the story much more real and amazing. I don't know what I want (really) but love triangle moments, fights, arguments to make up, epic speeches and affections are definitely on my mind.

I can't wait for that epic argument. Or something that Violet says which really cuts to Andrew, makes him get mad and reveal everything up to her while she does the same. But I have a feeling if they will get close together, then Abigail will come up. But then they all have to talk and just figure it out.

To end off this weird review, just want to say I love your story! I hope you update soon because it really is one of my favorite stories in the whole site. I really hope you publish this someday. It's amazing XD
Kay chapter 24 . 6/11/2015
Violet's last line must have been like a punch jn the gut or a slap in the face to Andrew.
I can't get enough of your work.
Thank you so much for updating. Can't wait for another one.
Guest chapter 24 . 6/11/2015
Ughhhh her parents are so annoying. And Andrew, pls restrain yourself from such acts if you're not going to be with Violet.

Great chapter, by the way!
971 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »