Reviews for Lunch atop a Skyscraper
GoNe RoGuE chapter 24 . 6/11/2015
The elation I felt when I saw you had updated is a little embarrassing. I loooove this story so much. Andrew and Violet are so cute. And frustrating. Like honestly. She's all "he chose Abigail" but she still wants him with her in Tennessee despite their fight. But I understand that, I'm quite sure that everyone does. Andrew on the other hand needs to decide. And fast. He shouldn't be stringing her along like that! Forcing her to work with him again, but still keeping in contact with Abigail. I can't wait for when he finally tells her what he's decided and how Violet reacts to that! Please don't take two months to update again!
QueekyB chapter 24 . 6/11/2015
Her parents are obnoxious. Great chapter! I'm excited for the next one!
Guest chapter 24 . 6/11/2015
Never mind the beta...this female protagonist sounds like a right royal doormat...why don't you give her some "balls" ...
Guest chapter 24 . 6/11/2015
How long will these two keeps on skirting around each other? Are they both afraid of being rejected if they open up, I mean really open, lashing, screaming out with each other? It's heartbreaking for Violet to have her parents esp. her mom to treat her like that, but then, it makes her who she is: hardened, determined, and strengthened. I honestly don't know how this story is going to end, but I hope Violet will get the short end of the stick. Somehow, I don't picture Andrew getting burned, knowing how smug he is, how he didn't really went through a real, heartbreaking time with a girl. Even with Abigail.

I almost gave up on an update; the anticipation of what will happen next. Violet's painful journey does not seem to be letting up, but this is her story, and in real life, stuff happens, and guarantees to happen, good or bad. Thanks.
Literater chapter 24 . 6/11/2015
Argh! Of all the chapters to not have anything further to read in, it had to be this one!

So it's taken me three hours to read from the beginning to this. I couldn't sleep, so I came onto Fictionpress on a whim. I didn't expect this story. It's 5am, there's no point me even going to sleep now because I have to be up at 7am, but who cares when you have books like this?!

You are amazingly talented. The chemistry. It leaps off the page. I'm a Violet - a chick flick lover. Romantic at heart. I fell instantly into her shoes. My heart is breaking for her. I want to slap and shout and kick at Andrew. People don't understand when they ask what makes books so attractive and I reply with a swooning sigh, "fictional characters." It's because of stories like this that I feel that way.

There were a few general editing and grammar mistakes along the way, but all in all this is good stuff. Like really good stuff. I'm going to check out your other works right now. If you do need a beta, I'd be more than happy to put my hand up and volunteer. I write as well, mainly YA, but NA and chick lit as well, and I'm majoring in English Lit and Linguistics. Just let me know, you'll probably get s lot of requests!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know how fantastic your story is. Please keep updating, I need Andrew and Violet in my life!
cat10985 chapter 24 . 6/11/2015
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I am freaking out! That was so good and so intense! The only thing that would have made it better was if he had defended her to her parents! Ugh they are so disgusting. I hate them. They way they treat her and speak to her is horrible.. And her sister is just as bad. I feel bad for her and hope she gets a good guy with a good family.. If it is not with Andrew.. Anyways I can't wait to read more! Hope you update soon!
shann-ng chapter 24 . 6/11/2015
amazing update! I wish they would SPEAK to each other more it's all so ambiguous and they just don't discuss things out loud they just try to analyse each other. Her parents made me so angry too.

Please update more frequently the suspense kills me, you're writing style is amazing
AlwaysBeAUnicorn chapter 24 . 6/11/2015
So many feelings, I felt such anger with the scenes with her parents, and then she mentioned Abigail, I mean I get her, but still. I want to read the next chapter so much and see what happenes next. I want them to talk openly about Abigail and for him to tell her what's going on.
Guest chapter 23 . 6/9/2015
just read on twitter that your next update is ready. please update soon! can't wait
Guest chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
Can you say on twitter on what you'd be updating?
Guest chapter 23 . 6/9/2015
update pleaseeee
Guest chapter 23 . 5/28/2015
please pretty please update
Guest chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
Can you give us an update on twitter about how the next chapter is going?
pulsedistraction chapter 23 . 5/25/2015
I'm so glad that I found this gem! It's so rare to read very well written stories here in fictionpress and I think this is just one of the best. I love the character development of Violet. I'm so glad she finally stood up to Josephine! Although now that she's going back to Tennessee I wonder if she can still find the courage to confront her parents. I think it's doubly hard to stood up to parents. Anyway, yay Violet! :-)

Now having read some of the reviews here, it seems Andrew isn't so favored right now. Though I have to say, I do understand where he's coming from. Seeing a special someone from the past with no closure AND having a new someone who he might be potentially in love with, that's really tough. To think that he was so used to getting his ways so easily before, getting trapped like this is really heavy. Coz whatever his choice will be, he'll have to hurt someone he cares about. But still, I hope he fights for Violet.

I feel so much for this girl, honestly. Getting used to hearing no from the start, from her family and the environment she grew up in, I feel like Violet just let Andrew go because she thought she won't win this. Again. :( I hope Andrew realizes this when they spend time together in Vi’s hometown and then ultimately decide that she's the one worth fighting for.

Also, I am liking Chris so much! Is there more to him in this story?

I'm really REALLY looking forward to the next chapter! Awesome job at this story! :-)
Guest chapter 23 . 5/20/2015
I love the twist of this chapter! Andrew, you sneaky guy. Though I'm still mad at him, I'm excited to see how this plays out.

My expectations: lots of groveling from Andrew, and Violet rejecting him. He should prove himself.
971 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »