Reviews for Lunch atop a Skyscraper
Pseudonym59 chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
Ahhh, they finally talked! I understand where both characters are coming from, and I can't really fault either them for it. To Andrew, Abigail is the one who got away - she could've been it but he never got the chance to try it out until now. And Violet's this breath of fresh air he wasn't expecting to fall for and now he's caught in between them both. And to Violet, she's always been second, third, last choice and she's tired of it (and rightfully so). She finally has gotten the job of her dreams (or something remotely related to it) and Andrew just asked her to put it on hold while he figures out his feelings for her and Abigail. No wonder she's mad - why would she give up her one shot at her dream to potentially come in last again?

I really like the character development in this story. And I also like how Chris is subtly pushing Andrew and Violet together by making Andrew jealous.

Also on the 500 Days of Summer parallels, Violet seems more like Tom than Andrew does. Falling for someone she works with at a job she's not interested in, quitting the job to pursue her passion, being a romantic when her love interest is less romantic, and now it's unclear whether she's going to end up with him.

I'd love for Violet and Andrew to end up together, as much as I love Abigail. They just have so much more depth to their relationship and balance each other out so nicely. With Abigail, she's unpredictable and flighty - in the two times she's met Andrew, she never stayed. When she gets scared, she runs to different continents instead of sticking around to tough out the bad or hard parts. Plus she and Andrew haven't exactly had much time to talk - they know barely anything about each other. It's like the idea of her is more captivating than the reality.
pastelcolors chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
See, I think I like Chris, but then the fact that he's really only making advances to Violet because he wants to spite Andrew, makes me not like him very much. Mixed feelings.

Anyway, Ryan and Olivia are so cute. I love that they got married.

Super excited for upcoming chapters!
Guest chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
Excited for the next update.
Guest chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
So many feels, I think we're all just as confused as violet D:
kiwi.boba chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOOOOORRREVVVERRR FOR THIS

honestly, this has to be my favorite story on fiction press so if this ever gets published, BUYING!
Can't wait to read what happens next!
incognitus chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
I love the twist you threw in with Chris! Nothing like a bit of good ol' sibling rivalry to get tensions going, eh? I hope this gives Andrew a good long-overdue kick in his, erm, admittedly good-looking ass. I'm also glad to see Violet sticking up for herself, albeit somewhat passively, against Andrew's emotional "blackmail". Hopefully she'll have fun with Chris and make a new friend in the process before she finally gets back with Andrew - or with Chris, even (at this point Andrew is being such an ass I'm not even sure if I want to root for him and Violet to get together).

Thank you for the update and I can't wait to see what happens next!
Guest chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
The story was long, and im thankful for it, but it doesnt have quite the level of punch as the previous chapters
Kay chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
Thanks so much for the update. Loved it and can't wait for more :)
toffeema chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
your chapters always leave me breathless! I love Chris - he is so naughty - but will hopefully make Andrew see what is in front of him! And Andrew still did not say where he stands with Abigail! I am so glad Violet was straightforward and asked about Abigail, even though she did not get a straightforward answer. Also, I am so happy you have Violet standing up for herself (a bit) but not being mean about it - strong doesn't have to be mean, right? Thanks for an update!
Lily Mayflower chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
Thanks for the update. I find the best writing that who can make me happy/sad/angry/shigh/chuckle and your definatelly does that. Andrew is acting childish and irational, because there is no relationship with a closure, they all end up in heartbreak / cheating / what-ifs / anger / sadness ... so only a child would hold on to an obsession like he did, to the extent of not giving his all to any oportunity for so many years. And his "closure" with Abigail would only lead to another missed opportunity with Violet that never had a closure... So it's like a sick cycle he stupidly repeats. Right now Chris seems like the better man, option for Violet. He's playfull, smart, handsome, painfully honest, is interested in her and holds her interest like a "magnet". I say go Violet and Chris !

P.S. Can't wait for the nect chapter.
x.betweenthelines chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
Ha, I knew it! I knew Chris would ask her to dance. I hope he is just doing it to make Andrew jealous though because I'm not the biggest fan of love triangles. Oh well, I just hope Violet gets her happy ending. I'm glad they finally got to have the talk, or part 1 anyway, since Chris ruined it. I'm dying to know what Andrew would have said next and we never did find out about the whole Abigail situation now. Looking forward to the next update :)
AngelsXDevils chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
What is this development?! I feel like Chris is just doing this to rile Andrew up but I can't be too sure . Man in "Again" I was wishing Andrew and Abigail would meet again and have a happily ever after but after reading "Lunch atop a Skyscraper", I'm all for Andrew and Violet! Behind them 500%
Pione chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
I'm so happy that you updated! I literally gasped when I saw this chapter. Definitely the highlight of my day! :)

I really appreciate the way you wrote the characters, because even though I feel bad for Violet, I also feel for Andrew. Hung up on someone with no closure, we understand where he's coming from.

I like the addition of Chris too! I can't wait for the rest of the story to unravel. I feel like this is just about to get interesting!
Bahati chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
dang it, Andrew is so frustrating
Guest chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
Sigh of content - lovely!
971 | « Prev Page 1 .. 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 .. Last Next »