Reviews for Lunch atop a Skyscraper
x.betweenthelines chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
I loved the moment when she opened the door for Andrew. Wow, I definitely did not see that end coming! I don't know what to make of Chris but I'm guessing there's going to be exciting things happening in the next chapter. Maybe he'll ask Violet to dance just to stir things up with Andrew? Hmmm
kamiviolet chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
Here we are! Finally we have Chris who has relatively not so good relationship with Andrew among all William's siblings. How he will act in the coming just made me can't wait! And I like Kayla she is always funny. :)

As always, thanks for sharing this story!
GoNe RoGuE chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
Holy crap this just gave awkwardness a whole new definition ... that strain between Violet and Andrew is insane! But I'm curious too ... if he's with Abigail then why does he still want her at the wedding? Or is he not with Abigail? Hmmm ... oh, and Chris! Can we talk about how delicious and intreging he sounds?! I think he's gonna stir up some drama ... maybe make Andrew jealous by showing interest in Violet after the wedding? And what's up with everyone saying she's his girlfriend? And if he doesn't bring girls home ever ... why is he bringing her, and not Abigail? Sooo juicy! Loved this chapter!
Guest chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
I must say, I’m a bit wary of Chris. He’s stirring up trouble. I couldn’t help but laugh though when Kayla and Violet just stared at him for a couple seconds after his blunt statement. Kayla’s interactions with her family are hilarious and entertaining. Love her! And Vi is so cute with all her nervousness and shyness. And Whitney and Michael are at the wedding too! Yay!

Can’t wait to see what happens next! I hope we finally get to see the reason why Andrew still wanted her to come along to the wedding! They are such awkward turtles right now…
NverSayNver chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
Ahh! I loved it and I'm so happy that she agreed to go! I can't wait for the next updte!
Guest chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
Beyond excited for this. Could Andrew be her "summer" and Chris her "autumn"?
pastelcolors chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD. I WAS SO EXCITED FOR THIS CHAPTER, I'M SURPRISED I DIDN'T GO THROUGH IT IN TWO MINUTES.
I only checked your twitter for updates about 5 days ago, and I saw that Chris was going to be introduced and I freaking knew something would happen and I'm really overly excited for the next chapter. The last of the chapter was just a rush for me, wow.

Other then that, I laughed when Violet recognized Nick and when Chris so bluntly pointed out how the pair weren't talking to each other. Hah . . .

But just wow. I can't waaaaitttttt.
amessageinabottle chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
she said yes?! to be honest I actually did not see that coming. lol. Andrew is still a jerk I can't believe he invited her to his brothers wedding after everything that happened then he just goes and ignores her! the idiot... Chris seems interesting and I have a feeling his going to be pushing Andrews buttons in the coming chapters maybe then we can actually find out whats going through Andrews head...
RayGasan chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
Yes, Chris Williams, you finally made an appearance! Please make Andrew regret his decision of saying yes to Abigail's offer of coffee.
I just finished jogging this morning and was so exhilarated to find an update of this story. It's sooooo fluffy I'm gonna dieeeee! XD
TheClosetWriter16 chapter 19 . 8/30/2014
Aw I loved the little cameo from your other story. Nick :D
Anyway, amazing chapter! :)
ColdWinter12 chapter 18 . 8/27/2014
I love your story. I like how the 500 Days of Summer is intertwined with the plot of this story. I love that movie as well, so I'm kinda hoping that Violet doesn't end the same way as Tom. I hope that she is his Autumn. I really enjoy your story. Please update soon!
We Could Be Heroes chapter 18 . 8/26/2014
Hey! Just wanted to say how much I love this story and your writing. I feel really connected to the characters and find it easy to perspective take, which maybe, at least in my opinion, very few modern writers on Fiction Press achieve. Your writing definitely captures the feelings of love, or at least what I think love to be, and you definitely know how to hit that horrible feeling in your gut and heart when things aren't exactly ideal. When I read that some 500 DOS "plot points" were going to be adapted to this story my heart literally plummeted! Almost to the same level as when I found out what happens at the end of Veronica Roth's Allegiant (which I am still trying, and failing, to repress!). While I think 500 DOS is realistic, it would so disappointing if Andrew and Violet were typecast as I see such a happy ending for them. Also, the whole Autumn/Summer names (i.e., seasons)...Was 'Violet' being named after a flower, as is 'Abigail' a plant (although called 'Abigail Rose', I think that's right as my dad may have named me after it, I don't know!) intentional to mirror the seasonally-themed names in 500 DOS?

Anyway, super excited to read more!
toffeema chapter 13 . 8/19/2014
had to go back and read a happy chapter of violet & andrew - can't wait see more of their interactions in chapter 19!
Guest chapter 18 . 8/15/2014
Pls update I'm dying to know what happens with the wedding
Guest chapter 18 . 8/14/2014
The best thing about this story is I can feel whatever Violet is feeling. I could feel her sadness and her thankfulness for Paul's affection. It's a really beautiful story and you are a excellent writer. Your stories are so realistic everyday situations of normal people without any extraordinary dramatic situations yet they are compelling making them unique. Your characters have good personalities and they are different in each of the stories. It's amazing how you can visualize the mindset of such different characters and present it so realistically and manage to write frequently without going on long breaks. I have read all your stories and I am sure i will read anything that comes up in future. Keep writing!
971 | « Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 .. Last Next »