Reviews for Lunch atop a Skyscraper
Aly chapter 18 . 8/13/2014
So...i couldn't fall asleep earlier, which led to me messing around on my iPod and eventually coming back to your page after reading HTMO a couple nights ago. Now it's five in the morning and I'm still left wanting more! You're such a wonderful writer! :) I can't wait to see how the rest of the story goes!
Canihaveanandrew chapter 18 . 8/11/2014
Suffering from severe jet lag and this story has been the perfect way to spend my sleepless night! I AM OBSESSED WITH ANDREW! Their whole relationship is captured perfectly well done! Please post soon! Pleeeease
Mr. Ree chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Hi there! Your story has been added to the Geek & Hot Guy category of A Drop of Romeo :) Here's your review:

Ali thinks:
Violet is as the summary says: extremely attracted to Andrew Williams, her (ridiculously hot) boss. And hey, I don't blame her! What started out as a call from her best friend Marina about a assistant job for a photographer turned into a lot more than Vi was ever expecting. She was warned about the last assistant, who was fired for constantly making a move on Andrew, and Violet would never dare be the same, but constantly convincing herself that she doesn't have any feelings for him is futile, especially with him treating her the way he does. This is the geek and hot guy cliche at its best, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm head over heels.

What I love the most about 'Lunch atop a Skyscraper' is that I can tell how much thought justmaybe put into it. Violet and Andrew both have strong distinctive personalities, but so do the supporting characters like each of their siblings, Marina, and even Abigail, Andrews mysterious ex-something (who you'll probably want to not like but actually have no animosity towards). She makes the plot as interesting as her characters, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who happily spent her Saturday afternoon smiling at how cute Violet is and how cute Andrew obviously thinks she is.

Though probably around halfway finished, this story will reel you in, and you won't be able to stop reading until there isn't anything left. But don't worry, I'll be right there with you waiting ever so patiently for the rest of Violet and Andrew's story to fold out, because I'm sure it's gonna be fantastic.
carrothead101 chapter 18 . 8/8/2014
I WATCHED THE MOVIE BC YOU TOLD ME TOO AND I LOVED IT A LOT. I feel like Abigail is summer, idk I just do like it's too good to be true and Andrew has been holding onto the idea of her and that she's perfect and he needs her but he DOESNT like Tom
sevendwarfs chapter 18 . 8/8/2014
So happy for Violet she totally deserves something to be happy about, but I hope Andrew have a good reason for his behavior. The chapter was wonderful. Can't wait to see Andrew and Violet talking face to face.
dee chapter 18 . 8/7/2014
Do you know who is the actress I picture violet would be? I forget her name, but she is the lead in Letters to Juliet.

Just saying.. I read this chapter once again, btw. :)
dee chapter 18 . 8/7/2014
oh i wish andrew was watching violet and paul when they walked at the brooklyn bridge. and took her picture under the rain or her laughing her smile. symetrically like violet always liked. and he will always beat himself whenever he look at those photos.

thank you for updating this wonderful story. love it. :)
flanerie chapter 18 . 8/7/2014
Oh man, as much as I feel for Violet, I feel awfully sorry for Andrew, too. I mean, both of them have been put in such a difficult situation-especially considering the way things escalated after Yosemite. Andrew didn't know Abigail was back, Abigail was unaware of Violet's feelings for Andrew, and Violet being Violet (the sweet, timid person she is) couldn't confront the situation assertively. My heart is breaking for Violet. I just really hope she's the Autumn in the '500 Days of Summer' equation...
Guest chapter 18 . 8/7/2014
Andrew better have a darn good reason for asking her if she’s still going to the wedding. It’s irritating regardless. Just….ugh. Boys are stupid.

I am really happy for Violet though with her getting into the New York Times! I just kinda hope Andrew didn’t have a part in her landing the job…

I honestly love how easy it is to relate to what the characters are feeling. It makes the story that much more interesting. It just makes you all frustrated and angry and sad and confused right along with them! And maybe grumble in annoyance at the computer screen too… haha! Can’t wait for more!
BelleS212 chapter 18 . 8/7/2014
Cannot wait for the next chapter! I don't know why but I really don't feel Abigail, she seems phony and flighty. I guess maybe Andrew sees her as perfect because she is the one that got away.
CassHughes chapter 18 . 8/7/2014
God... I cannot believe I just read all 18 chapters in one go... Lol XD
Literally from the first line of the first chapter you had me hooked and I just couldn't bring myself to put this down until I'd read everything there was to read. And now I sit here eagerly awaiting the next chapter :)
deets1 chapter 18 . 8/7/2014
I am really happy for Vi but a) really Andrew. Really. Or really Vi. Whichever. They should've talked.

And 2) this journalism acceptance stinks of Andrew's influence for some reason. I know Vi is talented but... Either she should go for the lottery or Andrew/Paul did some things. Sigh. Oh Violet. I just want things to go well for her! Honestly. In an honest fashion.
Pseudonym59 chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
One thing I really appreciate about this story is how Abigail is Violet's romantic rival, yet not painted as a bad person. As seen in the one-shot preceding this, she's a real person with depth and complexity, and I think that adds a lot to both Violet and Andrew.

I'm really glad Violet has a job at the Times. She deserves at least one happy point. :)
freema chapter 18 . 8/7/2014
I'm glad Violet got a new job, she deserves it. And why is Andrew calling her all of a sudden now that she's leaving? I feel like he's taking her for granted. I'm so mad at Andrew right now
DuchessYappingDog chapter 18 . 8/6/2014
Oh my gosh, Andrew deserves a whooping. Seriously after everything he still expects her to go? My only hope is that he ended things with Abigail and just was busy for the following days. If not then he has some nerve! Hahaha getting so upset over a character. But seriously boys are so stupid.
971 | « Prev Page 1 .. 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 .. Last Next »