Reviews for Lunch atop a Skyscraper
atlalok33 chapter 18 . 8/5/2014
You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this... MAGNIFICENT chapter! I love how unpredictable you are; I would have never imagined Andrew and Violet's interaction like this. Next chapter I'm hoping for them to finally talk face-to-face. AHHH I love this story sososo much; you're such an amazing writer. Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease update soonsoonsoonsoonsoon!
Guest chapter 17 . 8/5/2014
can't wait for more!
Guest chapter 17 . 8/4/2014
Update please!
Guest chapter 17 . 8/2/2014
I just wanted to let you know that I am absolutely in love with your writing. I feel like I hit the jackpot with your stories. Everything about them is unique, interesting, intriguing… I’m going to touch on all the ones I’ve read in this one review just because, but I want you to know that I chose this one because I desperately need you to update this one.

I’ve read stories on FanFiction for years (close to ten years, I believe), and I just recently found out about this site (yes, I know, I should be ashamed it took so long to find this place since it’s a sister site). I was feeling kind of let down with some of the ones I found, or some that sounded good were taken down for various reasons, and I found How to Move On in passing, and clicked on it on a whim. Oh. My. Word. Like I said. Jackpot. I don’t know exactly what it was, but your stories sucked me right in. I think I read that one, Lunch atop a Skyscraper, Philip vs Phillips, and Bollinger High all within a week’s time. As I said, I love your stories.

I hope I can explain all this properly…

First off, your chapters are long. Like LONG. I LOVE it. They actually feel like CHAPTERS. But they’re such an easy read; the story just seems to fly by because it flows so well.

And I actually was engrossed in every word. You don’t seem to over-describe anything. It’s the perfect amount. It seems like some writers write so much fluff or repeat things too many times, or what feels like them describing the same blade of grass for ten minutes, that sometimes, I skip over a few paragraphs to move on with the story. Not with your writing. Every word has a purpose with you. Also, your recaps are BEAUTIFUL. They’re just enough to remind your readers what happened or who did what without retelling us EVERYHING, which is quite refreshing.

Your plots are unique and enthralling. I love seeing how something in a story connects with something else later on. I think some of it can be a little predictable (though in a good way – kinda like Disney movies having a happy ending), but that’s when you finally put two and two together. My favorite parts though are where I am so drawn in and unsure of what’s going to happen next that I feel my heart beating loudly in my chest in anticipation or nervousness along with your characters. Two times I recall distinctly were the ticket raffle in Bollinger High, and then my favorite was when Violet was heading up the elevator with Abigail, and I was on the edge of my seat, worrying and wondering what Andrew’s reaction was going to be the moment he opened that door. And then, of course, there are the witty parts and such that make me laugh. :)

Next are your characters. They are so very human. I love it. And I love being able to connect with them, and then of course you also get frustrated with them, which is only normal, right? :) I think Jess is my favorite female, and Andrew and Nolan are my favorite male characters. At least for the main ones. And your secondary characters! They actually have PARTS in the stories! You don’t hear about them once or twice, and then they’re gone! They actually help carrying along the plot! They actually matter! Friends are actually friends that DO STUFF with the main characters. My favorite example is Michael and Whitney in relation to Kayla. My goodness, I love them to pieces. And I love how I actually grew attached to your characters.

Which brings me to Lunch atop a Skyscraper... I wish with all my heart that you continue and finish this story (I would love for you to finish your one with Shannon and Chris, along with Philip vs Phillips too, but still…). I was so beyond depressed when I read Chapter 17. I mean, it’s like you can’t really hate Abigail as much as you may want to because she didn’t necessarily do anything wrong (except break Andrew’s heart, but let’s ignore that for now). And you want to be mad at Andrew and ARE mad at him, but it’s not entire his fault because Violet didn’t tell him anything or discuss it with him (ugh – so frustrating!). And you want to be mad at Violet, but you feel so much for this poor girl because of the crappy family she has and how she may or may not get to do the job she wants, and that she’s just been through a lot of hardships, and you FINALLY see her take her guard down only to see her heart get ripped out of her chest… Ugh. I’m pretty sure my eyes started to well up during that last scene. I could hear my heart shattering along with Violet’s.

I think the worst part of Chapter 17 is that (for me) it almost feels like a lost cause for poor Violet. I mean, how can you compete with “the one who got away”? And we don’t know how Andrew interacted with Abigail versus how we’ve seen him act with Violet, so I mean, aside from me hating the fact that Abigail walked out of Andrew’s life and broke his heart only to return and crush Violet, who can I actually say is the better girl for him? I’m pretty sure Violet’s going be the winner in the end ;) but I want to know what makes her win in the end. Right now, I’m just depressed by it all. I need to know what happens next! :P See, though? Drawn in and attached.

I actually wish your work was published, to be honest, because I can guarantee I would buy them for myself along with buying copies for my friends to read. I hope you realize I consider that a very high compliment. :)

Oh! Yes, one more thing about your writing. I love how it’s not littered with foul language or mere smut and overly steamy scenes. It makes it feel like a more comfortable, less vulgar/obnoxious, and a bit more of a natural read. I enjoy it. It’s a nice change of some of what’s out there. You know how to add it in without overdoing it. :)

Anyway, I know I rambled a lot, but I hope you get what I was trying to say and know that I love your work. PLEASE do not stop writing. You have a gift. You truly do.

And please update/continue your stories as soon as you can! They are all very good/very promising! And I may suggest starting with Lunch atop a Skyscraper? ;)
Guest chapter 17 . 8/2/2014
Eagerly awaiting your next chapter as its usually the time u update. Hope to see next chapter soon.
toffeema chapter 17 . 7/31/2014
ahhhh, please update. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Guest chapter 17 . 7/29/2014
Hoping to see an update soon!
gulistala chapter 17 . 7/29/2014
Finally they meet- I just wish that Violet would have been open about why she pulled away feom Andrew. I bet this time Abigail's here to stay, she's ready for a relationship. Was Andrew looking at Violet for confirmation on whether he should go with Abigail?
Guest chapter 17 . 7/29/2014
It's currently 5am in the morning and I just finished reading all 17 chapters. I'm hooked. More, more! :) In all seriousness, you have such a unique way of writing. I felt like I was there with Violet and Andrew.
AMessofPickles chapter 17 . 7/24/2014
I have this terrible habit of reviewing all of my alerted stories after I've updated my own story. Which means that sometimes it can be so so long before I review a story (so that's what is happening right now). Anyway, on to the review!

God this was utterly heart breaking to read. Like Violet I was seriously hoping that Andrew would say no. But, instead, he went with Abigail and...gosh poor Violet. I just really wanna give her a giant hug. I'm surprised she's not completely exhausted after dealing with an insensitive witch like Josephine and then that horrible heartache of a situation.

Speaking of Josephine, gosh could she *get* any more awful. I actually wanted to congratulate you for making such an insensitive character. The only character I wanted to smack more than Josephine is Prof. Umbridge which is saying a lot considering Umbridge was downright evil. God I really hope we see Violet stand up to her if not punch her square in the nose. I hate seeing her being walked all over in her own house!

Anyway, great chapter! I really cannot wait for the next update!
amessageinabottl chapter 17 . 7/20/2014
Just skim read through the whole story again. Why? Simply because its amazing and I miss it... It feels like ages since you last updated even through I know it's only been a couple of weeks... The last chapter still gets to me! I'm still kinda mad at Andrew for choosing Abigail. I hope Violet gets the job at the times and maybe that would knock some sense into Andrew... If not its his lost! Please update soon! (No pressure I know life can be pretty hetic)
flanerie chapter 17 . 7/15/2014
My heart is breaking for Violet. And Josephine, sigh, I have no words.
Amy chapter 13 . 7/15/2014
So I've been thinking. When Andrew made the reference to 500 days of summer, maybe he was thinking of himself as Tom and Abigail as Summer, not Violet as Summer. This gives me hope that him taking Abigial out on coffee means less than it ought to. Can't wait for your next update! :)
Unknown chapter 17 . 7/15/2014
This is awesome whens the next update? I cant wait!
hunter005 chapter 17 . 7/14/2014
:) Ugh, I was up until 4AM reading this story... I could not put my phone down! I really love the way you write. The chemistry between Vi and Andrew is great. You made Violet so relatable, I feel like I can connect with her so easily. And I love that you made Andrew a good person, because a lot of times a successful man like him is portrayed as being cold, inconsiderate, etc. But Andrew, all of your characters really, is different. They're a little more real, have more emotion, to them. I'd also like to add that I appreciate that you didn't give full descriptions of Vi or Andrew —it allows the reader to put themselves in Vi's place and imagine Andrew however they want (beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?) All too often, the main character is described as being tall, blonde, blue eyes, legs a mile long, etc. And me being a short brunette with dull brown eyes and short hair, I find it hard to connect myself to those characters. But with no in depth description of Violet, I feel a big connection (I must sound so odd right now lol) I can also imagine Andew looking like the guy I like instead of having to imagine him a specific way. Anyways, update soon and keep up the AMAZING work! ;)
971 | « Prev Page 1 .. 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 47 .. Last Next »