Reviews for Lunch atop a Skyscraper
Guest chapter 17 . 7/14/2014
i hate you! As in why are you doing this to us?! Please update soon! I cant wait to feel more of this angst
Zlen chapter 17 . 7/13/2014
I... umph!
Zlen chapter 15 . 7/12/2014
Aaargh! deserve what's coming to you
Zlen chapter 14 . 7/12/2014
NOOOOOOOOOOO!Not Abigail!
toffeema chapter 17 . 7/9/2014
just read it again - my heart still feels sore, and my breath catches every time! :)
JustaFallen21 chapter 17 . 7/9/2014
I just absolutely love this story. It's incredibly written and the emotions and effort you've put into this is outstanding. I love the way you describe things and how flowing your words are. I can't wait to see a new chapter soon! Do you update every week?
dizzynetbookgirl chapter 17 . 7/7/2014
I've been following this story since you posted and always look forward to your updates. Violet is such a relatable protagonist, and I empathize with the way you portray her emotions, but there are times when I really wish she would grow a pair and start making her needs known to people. The current setup looks like one big snowball of noncommunication compiling on top of noncommunication. Andrew's choice at the end of this chapter was disappointing, but then I was like 'Well, yeah.. but maybe if she hadn't stormed out on him w/o an explanation he wouldn't have' etc.

Anyway, you have me reading actively, which is a good thing. :)
AngelsXDevils chapter 17 . 7/5/2014
As much as I understand why Andrew made that decision.. it doesn't make it any more annoying! Gah I just want a happy story for Violet and Andrew :(
kiwi.boba chapter 17 . 7/4/2014
I've been waiting forever for this! Honest to god, I've reread the chapters at least three times waiting impatiently for the next update. And its here! The only thing I'm disappointed with is that...its too short! I hope you know what you're doing, Andrew... Can't wait for the next chapter!
Guest chapter 17 . 7/4/2014
His Summer? Does that tie in with the "He should've known from the very beginning that she didn't want a relationship."?

This was a really good chapter. My favorite thus far. Hating on Violet a little for giving up so easily, but it is understandable. I wish I can insert myself in the story to give her some self esteem about Andrew. On the other hand, YAAAY her for actually going after The times. Good girl.

Poor Andrew. I really felt his helplessness... I also felt that look he gave Violet..
I cannot wait to see how this turns out, :D
Minzy chapter 17 . 7/4/2014
I hope Violet finds a super hot guy at the Times and makes Andrew jealous LOL
atlalok33 chapter 16 . 7/4/2014
*This review is for Ch. 17*
I just feel like I figured something out! Violet got a job/interview for The Times and Andrew has a Times photo shoot next week. Is that somehow going to be connected? Great story, update soon! You put so much thought in this. ADOR is right!
camillamacaulay chapter 17 . 7/4/2014
Wow, this chapter was heartwrenching! The way you described the scenes were amazing. Andrew's hand slipping from the handle was such a tiny detail but it man, did it subtly manage to convey his shock.

I've seen so many reviews blaming Andrew. I don't think he deserves the hate (if it can be called that)! It's clear that he's confused because Violet had suddenly acted so distant.

My favorite thing about this story is how real the characters are. I mean, while I don't believe Vi running off was the right thing to do, I believe I might have done the exact same thing if I were put into her position.

Keep it up!
incognitus chapter 17 . 7/4/2014
You've always been such a good writer (which is a rarity nowadays on FP), but that last scene there, between Andrew and Violet and Abigail, that was just... Wow. No words. Heartbreaking at its most intense. You really managed to convey the subtlety of Andrew's decision, the blinding moment when it kicks home in Violet's mind that she's truly not his Summer, and finally, the empty numbing pain she felt - all within the simplest, shortest, cleanest language. That last scene really deserves a standing ovation.

I'll be waiting with bated breath till you update again! This is one story I'll love to purchase as a physical book and keep on my bookshelves - alongside Lisa Kleypas's earliest contemporary romances - and believe me, this is the best compliment I can give to a fellow writer. Keep writing!
Nance chapter 17 . 7/3/2014
How sad for Violet! It makes me want to cry.
971 | « Prev Page 1 .. 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 48 .. Last Next »