Reviews for Lunch atop a Skyscraper
aerina chapter 17 . 7/3/2014
well, in 500 days of summer, tom didn't even end up with summer! so i guess violet's right, she isn't summer, she's autumn. at least I'm hoping!

I like the realistic portrayal of people being able to have two or more loves in their lives, namely Andrew. in books and movies, you always see the characters only having their One True Love, as if you don't ever fall in love again! I'm rooting for Violet though.

ugh at Josephine. seriously, I'm hoping Vi eventually gives her a piece of her mind. oh and when are you gonna update Phillips vs Philip? xoxo
yesiamanonymous chapter 13 . 7/3/2014
Abigail is his Summer, but Violet is his Autumn ;) hope andrew comes to his senses soon. And hope you update soon too! This story is one that I always check for a new chapter. Love your writing!
cityflux chapter 17 . 7/3/2014
I feel so bad for Violet right now. :( What with her sister and Andrew/Abigail... I look forward to the day she tells her sister off.
carrothead101 chapter 17 . 7/3/2014
Idk how but when you write like this IT BREAKS MY HEART I feel like I'm feeling the same as violet I feel so ANGRY AND SAD AND DONE 100% DONE. I'm really into the whole I'm gonna move away/ not talking to you so you realize just how much you need/want me so violet better get that job so Andrew gets a kick to the head AND REALISES.
GoNe RoGuE chapter 17 . 7/3/2014
-.- I want to kill Andrew. It's official. He looked directly at her, and then said "Okay." ... like, um, no sir that is not okay. UGH. I felt my heart break for Violet; I could feel my heart clench in pain because he just confirmed all her fears. Bastard.

But I do applaud Violet for sticking around, and watching the outcome of that encounter. I don't think I would have been strong enough to watch Andrew basically shut the door on any possibility of them being together. At least not without crying or screaming or cussing.

And I hate that Andrew's reaction to Abigail was so ... awestruck. I mean, I felt sick just reading about. I feel so bad for Violet, and this is a fictional story! You have managed to make me feel deeply connected to the characters and that is why I read all of your stories because you're an amazing writer!
- Hannah
x.betweenthelines chapter 17 . 7/3/2014
I'm just waiting for the day that Violet realises that she's His Autumn, and that Abigail is his Summer. I guess Violet doesn't think about the fact that Tom and Summer don't actually end up together. I really hope Andrew finally confronts Violet after this!
Guest chapter 17 . 7/3/2014
AHHH BRILLIANT BRILLIANT CHAPTER, i can feel violets heart breaking :( stupid andrew I knew he would do that, please update soon! :)
madkattering chapter 17 . 7/3/2014
jerk! bastard doesn't deserve her. please please please find her someone better for her, someone who can boost her confidence!
AlwaysBeAUnicorn chapter 17 . 7/3/2014
Her sister is a b**** of epic proportions. Your writing is amazing as always and even though I don't like it, I understand why Andrew said "Okay" to the coffee. I just hope that while they are drinking that coffee together he tells Abigail that he likes Violet.
doodling65 chapter 17 . 7/3/2014
Poor violet :(
UlyessxPenelope chapter 16 . 6/29/2014
All right let's get this review started (it'd been awhile since I have done this).
1) let me say right off the bat, I LOVE this story, and this is where is get rotten eggs thrown at me, I Do not get the appeal that these two characters have for each other. It might be for me, I just see Andrew as such a 2-D character. What does Violet see in him, that he is attractive, is close to his family, nice and listens and that about it.
2) I don't see The appeal of Violet to Andrew. Is it the fact that she's such an enigma to him and he can't really get a good read on her emotions. I would think Violet would be terrified that once she lets down her walls and let him see her without the mask that he would lose interest.
3) Violet is such a well written character with flaws and bad logic and such human qualities I love her, but with Andrew I had to read "Again" to remember that he's a well rounded character.
Please don't take this as a flogging I love the story. It's wonderfully written and full and very well rounded characters.
P.S. Did Andrew have anything to with the Times calling her back
The Quirkie One chapter 16 . 6/27/2014
I absolutely love this story. I read love stories like I breath air: constantly. However, this is the first and only story where I truly relate to the main female lead. There have been female leads that I daydream of being but Violet is the first female character that I can truly say that I see so much of myself. Thus, I applaud and thank you for giving a different type of viewpoint to this genre and this story. Thank you for giving me back hope about a love and relationship I used to strive for. Lately, I've been willing to give into pursing a more shallow relationships.
Babyk345 chapter 9 . 6/25/2014
Update soooon! plz :D xxoxoxooo
asianinvasion0530 chapter 16 . 6/24/2014
I found this story on A Drop of Romeo, and I'm so glad I did! Vi is such an adorable and likable MC and I really love her relationship with Andrew, although I definitely feel for her on the whole Abigail front, who try as I might, can't bring myself to dislike (even though she's making this a love triangle now). All of the characters are well developed and it was so easy to get sucked into this story. I can't wait to see what happens next, and to see whether Vi gets the job at the Times! :)
toffeema chapter 16 . 6/24/2014
please update? pretty please?
971 | « Prev Page 1 .. 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 51 .. Last Next »