Reviews for Lunch atop a Skyscraper
joy chapter 16 . 6/23/2014
cant wait to see whats next:) brilliant so far!
choc me chapter 16 . 6/22/2014
Oh no no no no no! I really want to find out what happens next!
pastelcolors chapter 5 . 6/21/2014
I was rereading everything a while ago, then I saw a promo for the new show called Rising Star. x'D
It brought me back to this chapter, heh.
Katy Birdy chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
Please update soon, I can't wait to see what happens, really good chapter and hope we have more Violet and Andrew moments and that the next chapter is long.
sami1995 chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
I always long for an update on this amazing story! XD
It's just too good and I wish it'd go for a large number of chapters! XD
Brancan2 chapter 16 . 6/4/2014
Omgomgomgomgomg
*has a bookgasm and screams about not being able to wait for another chapter and please update and all that gabbloodedook*
Cornerofoysters chapter 16 . 6/1/2014
Hey, I really enjoyed this chapter and I’m really looking forward the next one. I’ve been meaning to review it ages ago but I generally read it on my mobile and I’m too lazy to review there, so I’m making up today.
Anyway, first things first, I wanted to say that I can totally see where Violet is coming from because she’s very much alike me so I complete understand her. It is very difficult to put yourself out there and forget about the consequences. I mean, there’s always the ‘what ifs’ and although he can say that it doesn’t change a thing, he can also say that he likes her but not as much as he likes Abigail and this perspective is too terrifying for someone like Violet. I know it’s a little hard for someone who has a different perspective of life understand that people can find avoidance better than face the consequences because it sounds like u giving u, and you are in a certain way, but when you don’t have a background it’s hard to be bold.
So I made this review because I read some and think that there’s a couple of people that aren’t being able to relate to Violet, and I think we gotta get out of our perspectives and see things through Violet’s eyes and I think you’re doing great. Really. The character is really coherent and we can see her growing along the way and this is amazing. But things really take a while to change and with people that’s not different. We take a while to change our responses towards things. And it is about the heart, it’s even harder to be brave, even more if you’re not sure the other person likes you back and let’s be honest here, Andrew never was really clear about his feeling to Violet (I know, he didn’t get to) but even so, she wasn’t reassured and she’s afraid. I think this is plausible.
But we can’t forget about Andrew and I know it doesn’t really sounds fair to him, but life’s not fair. I think he’s just being as coward as Violet, because he didn’t try to get to her. But again, he also don’t have a background in these subjects. I mean, he only liked two girls and they both ran away from him. I don’t think he really knows what to do. And let’s be honest, again, the guys in these stories never are the one to take the initiative. They always give signs but it always comes down to the girl to make the final move. It’s how it works. Of course you can surprise me, but I am sure that Andrew’s gonna be confused in the least. Nothing besides the normal, after all, he did love Abigail and she’s obviously still special to him thus the photography in his room.
Still, I’m very hopeful Violet and he are going to have a happy ending. And I think you’re doing a great job there. Don’t take too long to update and that’s it. I just wanted to give my thought on the characters. I’d write more but I got lazy again.
AMessofPickles chapter 16 . 5/31/2014
Oh my gosh.
Okay well first off I am so so SO happy that the Times called Violet back but at the same time I really want her to work things out and gosh Andrew's probably going to be so frustrated with her news.
But at the same time I guess the Times would probably give her a job interview first before hiring her, right? So Violet will probably still be working for Andrew until then.
Ah Andrew. I cannot imagine how he must be feeling right now since Violet gave him the cold shoulder so abruptly. After seeing how excited his family seems to be I really really hope that they end up going to the wedding together! That sounds fabulous and Ryan and Olivia seem like such a happy couple. Ugh the fact that Andrew and Violet won't talk to each other is killing me.
At leas Paul is there to diffuse some of the tension! I was so surprised to hear about Andrew's past with Leslie but I'm glad there are no hard feelings there. And I agree with Paul in that it's significant that Violet can get under Andrew's skin! :) Hopefully it'll mean something in the long run as well.

Anyways fantastic chapter as usual! Cannot wait for the next update!
sami1995 chapter 16 . 5/29/2014
This chapter was really interesting, especially Paul's conversation about Andrew. And go, Violet! I am so happy the Times called back! Can't wait to find out what happens!
Brilliant story. I look forward to this update so much! XD It's a fantastic story and I can't wait for the next chapters and everything else!
XD
quibbler149 chapter 16 . 5/26/2014
YES! I knew the Times would call Violet. I'm so excited to see her career take off because there is nothing I dislike more than a female protagonist whose whole world revolves around a man. I think Violet is becoming confident enough to drive herself and I'm so happy she know what she wants. I feel kind of proud of her and the amount she's grown in the number of chapters you've shown us to her.

I don't know how Andrew is going to react to the Abigail thing. It stresses me out because he showed an unusual amount of feeling for Violet, which convinces me he is definitely in love with her, but I'm not sure how that feeling will compare to his connection with Abigail in 'Again'. I really like that you made Abigail likeable because that girl doesn't deserve to be faded into another stereotypical bitchy ex-girlfriend. I like Abigail and I hope she will be happy too, but I think her ship with Andrew has sailed. She gave it up when she left like that without a word.

I was so excited to see Ryan this chapter! His reaction to Violet was so interesting and I must admit I am greatly looking forward to seeing Violet's interactions with the rest of Andrew's family (namely the famous mother!). Kayla is so adorable and Ryan is so nice. When do I get to see the last Williams' sibling? I'm hoping he gets a story of his own too.

Thank you for the update! I always look forward to your chapters and I wish they would come sooner, but you do a great job of keeping them up and constantly writing new chapters of high quality content.
skye real chapter 16 . 5/26/2014
This chapter is really sad. I think Andrew needs to step up and start speaking about his feelings TO her not to other people. Although it's nice he talked to his family about her and all, working for Times might be good for her too.
sahithi chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
please update next chapters
atlalok33 chapter 16 . 5/25/2014
holy shiznut this chapter was really intense. pleasse please please PLEASE update ASAP. i want to see violet and andrew's next encounter!
simplee chapter 16 . 5/25/2014
If she leaves working for Andrew I swear I'll cry. You're story makes me so emotional. Keep writing and update soon!
TheDeadlyEscape chapter 16 . 5/25/2014
Abigail and Violet both deserve the love and with this POV I really want Violet to have Andrew, but it kind of makes me emotionaly torn in half when I read this. In other words, this is great!
971 | « Prev Page 1 .. 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 .. Last Next »