Reviews for Lunch atop a Skyscraper
simplee chapter 14 . 4/7/2014
Honestly I did not see this coming. I'm so confused, but that was an amazing twist. It really makes me want to read more. So please hurry and update!
foreternity chapter 14 . 4/7/2014
omigodd :c everything was going perfectly and then this happens! :( who will andrew choose? :$$$ please dont leave us hanging hahah hope you can update whenever you can! :))))
Sabreal chapter 9 . 4/7/2014
I was going through some of your reviews, and I'd like to reiterate someone else's (I'm assuming it's a her) point. I like this story, but if you ever revise it (like if you're seeking publication, in the near distant future) I would advise you to think of your character development a bit.

As lovely as this is, and I'm enjoying your writing, the Andrew I see in these chapters, does not fit in with the mold of the guy, who's seen cavorting around with supermodels, and seems like a player as described by Paul ;) I'm not saying Andrew has to remain in this ONE box, and he can't develop into an interesting multi-fauceted character (because they're the best) as the story progresses, but to shed layers, there needs to be groundwork. The groundwork here is a little rushed, or more like, skipped over altogether.

Like he's introduced as this "player," but yet suddenly, you see him displaying the values of a monogamous man, devoted to picking up Violet drunk, and tucking her into bed, and not really paying attention to any women throwing themselves at him, because Violet's there...and why is he so enamoured? And so quickly?

You did good by making Violet ecentric and quirky, and I would fall for her, and I'm not even a man, but Andrew doesn't doubt her, or question her motives or test her, like his character might hypothetically do...but just accepts her into his fold. Like he's actually a really nice guy, that doesn't use women for sex, and isn't one to keep his fingers in many pies, if you know what I mean *hem hem*

Who knows, that might all be coming up.
(Note: I like this hidden depth about all this Abigail business emerging. Hopefully, that' s built on.)

Boy, what a long review, but just wanted to discuss this a little bit. However DO NOT THINK ABOUT REVISING, not unless you've finished and you're serious about publishing. Keep updating, I implore you.
Sabreal chapter 8 . 4/7/2014
Sorry, meant Bronx in the previous review! (Bronk. lol. am I on acid?)
Haha. I totally want to write something meaningful now, but I just want to keep reading. OK, right? Oh, and I'm like 4 months late, but Happy new 2014!
(Oh dear. I really do think I'm on acid. Shite.)
Sabreal chapter 7 . 4/7/2014
Something extremely hot about a sober guy, going out of his way, to look after a drunk girl :) And in the meantime displaying simmering jealousy, possesiveness, heat and raw concern. Ohmigod. My own words are sending me into a lather :P

lol, Andrew. He totally thinks the Bronk is a rough area. (I don't know. Is it?)
So gentlemanly of him to offer his sofa, though I think he might do the whole deed, and offer his bed? Depends how many beds he has.)

Gah. This is so cliche, but I love it. I miss it (haven't read fluffy fics in a while)
Sabreal chapter 6 . 4/7/2014
Violet sure loves keeping stoic :) I'm going to start keeping a tally of that word. Might be fun XP
Enjoyed this chapter.
I might forget to keep praising you in every review, but know the fact, that I'm here, engaged and willing to hear more, means I am enjoying myself to an extent.
Now, let me resume swigging my wine! (Kidding, of course)
Sabreal chapter 5 . 4/7/2014
Wow. Look at this! I've logged in, after so many months, just for you! :D
What a piece of work Josephine is. Seriously. Why is Violet "dating" a hottie, such a big deal?! She doesn't seem like a young woman in her 20's. She almost reads like a petulant 13/14 year old, with a lot of growing up to do.
(So does Violet...sometimes, but at least I like her and she isn't that petulant.)

Anyway. Let's see Josephine being put in her place! Muhahaha
Sabreal chapter 4 . 4/7/2014
That line with "The sixth sense" being a chick-flick, was just hilarious. In that one little line, I had grabbed a firm understanding of his humour, and rapport, than I have in the previous three chapters. For that line, he is likeable ;) (So far, he's been falling into every "handsome, misunderstood, hero" trope there is...none of it your fault.)

Looking forward to more.
Sabreal chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
I liked this first chapter!
It sounds a decent premise as any, I guess O.o
And did you have a brief fascination with 500 years of summer? I can tell O.o
Guest chapter 14 . 4/7/2014
Ooh! What's going to happen next? When something like this happens, the guy always chooses his first lover. Its stupid! Go for the girl that made your day, not leave u with a broken heart! :O ANDREW WILLIAMS, DONT DO SOMETHING YOUR GOING TO REGRET! And please update soon! _
leavesfallingup chapter 14 . 4/7/2014
Ahh... just when all was right with the world, the evil author strikes again. And Vi, being the insecure person she is, will assume that all is lost. I like your character, but she needs to grow a backbone.
Oh well, now to wait for the next chapter.
toffeema chapter 14 . 4/7/2014
oooooh, Abigail is here! Dun dun dun dun dun . . . . Can't wait to see where this goes! Poor Violet - just beginning to get over her insecurities!
sami1995 chapter 14 . 4/7/2014
This was absolutely brilliant XD And wow, the next chapter! Abigail/Andrew/Violet. I can't even imagine the interactions. You have an absolutely amazing and flawless way of writing. I just feel the characters and the individual voices. I can't wait for the rest. Simply too goood. Amazing.
And the story about Abigail and Andrew was so intriguing. You are doing an absolutely marvelous job with the story. XD
amessageinabottle chapter 14 . 4/7/2014
I could so sense that this was coming but I hoped I was wrong :(
I'm still team Vi.
Yes, I do like Abigail and feel sorry but she's too late and she can't expect Andrew to wait for her.
Please don't make him choose Abigail and please, please update as soon as possible! I can't wait to see what happens next!
xoxluurve chapter 14 . 4/7/2014
What a great surprise! Though, since I haven't been subjected to a cliffhanger in a very long time, I'm kind of thrown and more than anticipating the next chapter. I hope your a frequent updater or else all these visions of Abigail/Andrew/Violet are going to haunt me until I read the way that you take their relationship. Abigail is confident, in a subtle way I've noticed from her last story, complete opposite of Violet. Not that Violet isn't strong, she just commands people's attention in a different way with her kind and generous attitude. Ugh I'm going to roll over and shrivel up until your NEXT update because I'm suffering from withdrawals already. Until then xo
971 | « Prev Page 1 .. 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 58 .. Last Next »