Reviews for Lunch atop a Skyscraper
j chapter 8 . 1/5/2014
love this story! it's adorable and sweet. the strength of the story is in your portrayal of your characters. andrew who is very attractive, confident and successful in his trade versus violet who is insecure, vulnerable and naive to city life.. all that seems very realistic and charismatic.

the slight trouble i have.. is that the development is a little too fast. i don't really see how andrew (surrounded by beautiful models and with abigail in the background) would fall for violet so quickly and be so protective over her. what is it that makes violet special to him? probably her character.. and their interactions need to reflect this. there has to be more situations that andrew can see how violet is unique to other girls and hence, grow to love her more.

abigail has an excellent role to the story, a third party that is not stereotypically bitchy and gives more depth to the tale. it would be great to see the interaction between violet and abigail..if she does appear.

your updates make my day :)) and it also makes me feel like moving to NYC, which is really surprising for me, considering i hate big cities..
atlalok33 chapter 8 . 1/4/2014
ohhhh! that's so interesting! i need to know who abigail is. andrew is such a sweetheart. pleassse update asappp! and, update the follow-up for bollinger high! you are an amazing author! 3
Guest chapter 8 . 1/3/2014
Thankyou for the update! She seems so much more open when she's drunk, I can't wait to see her reaction in the morning! Can't wait to see the story progress
toffeema chapter 8 . 1/3/2014
eep! Love this story - and your the character of Violet. Can't wait for another update! :)
Pseudonym59 chapter 8 . 1/2/2014
I love this story. Your characters have always been interesting and well delevoped, but I especially love Violet.

When she and Andrew are talking about favorite children and all that, I noticed a typo. It should be "They aren't if they make you feel like this."
AngelsXDevils chapter 8 . 1/2/2014
Oh gosh.. Everything's about to get messy isn't it? Although Abigail doesn't seem like the type to waltz in and mess up everything about Andrew's and Violet's relationship..? Here's to hoping anyway!
Guest chapter 8 . 1/2/2014
Atiya chapter 8 . 1/2/2014
This is terrible! After reading a couple of reviews, I went ahead and read "Again" and now I have this terrible, dreaded sense of foreboding that Abigail is going to show up and upset whatever little progress has been made in Andrew and Violet's relationship. The fact that this story begins not too long after Again (considering he's still 24) really, really worries me. I'm rooting for Violet/Andrew and will probably cry if Abigail makes an appearance, haha. Oh my god, I love your stories. I've only read How to Move On and your one-shot prior to this, and enjoyed them immensely. I'm one of those god awful lazy people that never review but shamelessly reap the benefits of the wonderful stories on here. I feel stupid for not making the connection between Andrew in HtMO and the Andrew here, and asgahsghahsjw please don't bring Abigail back! (though it would make for an awesome plot twist). Your writing is fabulous and the anticipation for a new chapter is going to drive me bonkers, LOL. But what a treat it was to open up FP and find two chapters I hadn't read! I've been reading stories on here since His Eyes (that was literally the first story I read here), I really should make an account so I don't miss chapter updates!

P. S. Josephine is a cow. I hope she trips on those ridiculous high heels of hers and twists her foot.
gulistala chapter 8 . 1/2/2014
So Andrew might just have feelings for Violet that he doesn't recognise because he's also still hung up on Abigail? I am really loving this story, can't wait till the next chapter!

And I really hope that Josephine at least will see the error of her ways and treat Violet as her equal!
gulistala chapter 5 . 1/2/2014
Wait why is Josephine angry?! Wow what an entitled little brat.
AMessofPickles chapter 8 . 1/1/2014
DEAR GOD THIS CHAPTER.
Omg omg omg. I loved everything from the way Violet was so hilariously bold. That was really entertaining. And I was so enjoying their little interactions on the train. AH it was so wonderful. And then of course that was the whole Abigail thing that made it less wonderful, BUT THAT IS OKAY. Anyways, I'm so curious to see what will happen in the morning after! I definitely expect that Violet will be shy and (internally) awkward. I expect that Andrew will be calm and collected, but when Paul imagined Abigail it made me think twice about how his attitude will be in the morning...hmmm. Well I cannot wait to see! Especially since they've crossed very personal lines. They're talk about families made me curious about Andrew's family and I hope that we see/learn about his siblings in the future.
Speaking of which, I wonder if we'll see Josephine in the next chapter...I bet she'll blame Violet for getting drunk and pretend like she didn't have any obligation to look after her own sister.
Anyways great chapter! I'm really enjoying the pacing of Andrew and Violet's relationship. Cannot wait for the next chapter!
Happy New Year!
foreternity chapter 8 . 1/1/2014
omg is this story linked to Again? because if it is, i really really really hope that Abigail doesnt come in and ruin what Andrew and Violet have :$ even though i really liked Abigail and Andrew in Again i'd prefer if Abigail didnt walk in and have Violet be heartbroken. altho that would be a good story plot haha. please update soon :)
leavesfallingup chapter 8 . 1/1/2014
Is Andrew angry that she has basically ignored his suggestion from the day that Violet's sister left? ... the one where he basically suggested that the best way to cover the lie about Violet's relationship with Andrew is to make it into a real relationship?

By now she should be at least peripherally aware of the fact that Andrew has more than just a freindly interest in her. Will she start waking up from this point?
Solipsist chapter 8 . 1/1/2014
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS STORY! So excited to see where it's going!
Pepper Ann Square chapter 8 . 1/1/2014
Dammit! I am hooked. I suppose that is a good thing for you and not for me since the wait for the next chapter will be agonizing.

I'm enjoying the story so far. Although, it would do well for Violet to stand up to her sister once in a while. But I am so looking forward to the progression of Violet and Andrew's relationship.

Keep up the great work!