Reviews for Lunch atop a Skyscraper
shann-ng chapter 7 . 12/22/2013
THIS CHAPTER IS BY FAR THE BEST ONE OF THE WHOLE STORY!

I love andrew so much,he definitely likes violet! i hope josephine gets a taste of her own medicine!
thanks for the update!
leavesfallingup chapter 7 . 12/21/2013
Andrew is probably mad because he made an offer and Vi left it flopping around on the table for two weeks. But now that her sister has pulled him back in, perhaps there will be some forward movement in this relationship. Violet certainly doesn't seem to have the guts to do anything on her own.
AMessofPickles chapter 7 . 12/21/2013
OH GOD THIS CHAPTER. I was definitely pleasantly surprised that you updated in such a timely manner. BUT THEN OF COURSE YOU HAD TO LEAVE IT OFF AT THAT MOMENT. It was cruel, really.
Anyways there was so much going on in this chapter! Josephine! The club! Violet and Andrew! FREAKING HECK ANDREW.
As for Josephine I'm both glad and annoyed that she made the audition. Part of me was happy because I thought that this might be a chance for her and Violet to reconcile and become stronger and better sisters...and then of course they went to the club and Josephine was rude to her and Violet was drunk and my fantasy was kind of destroyed. I was also happy because HEY ISN'T THIS JUST THE MOST PERFECT SITUATION FOR VIOLET AND ANDREW? I feel like this whole dating situation is definitely gonna happen even if it's just to trick Josephine because it's obvious that Andrew has feelings for Violet so does she. So that's wonderful. For a moment though I was kind of worried that Josephine would successfully seduce Andrew but after this chapter it's pretty obvious that Andrew is not fond of her and he likes Violet so that's good. Additionally I'm glad that Violet went out with Josephine because even though she feels insignificant to her it's great that she's improving with certain things (like that whole thing with the girl with the strappy heels that Violet nearly giggled at). I think she's starting to realize that certain people's opinions really don't matter which is great character development and all that jazz. I'm excited to see future developments between Josephine and Violet. I think this whole thing will be a great experience for both of them.
Now. On to Andrew and Violet. Wow okay yeah I expected him to show up sometime during this chapter but not quite like that. Again, I really loved seeing his possessiveness and jealousy over Violet. I dunno it's kind of sexy to some degree and obviously he really cares for if he's skipping such a huge dinner to take care of her. I'm not exactly sure I understand his anger though. I think it mostly stems from Josephine's treatment of Violet and how Violet allows her to do that. Oh and of course just the fact that she's in a dangerous situation without someone that's properly looking out for her. I'm wondering if it's something else that I missed though... As for the whole subway thing. I was honestly half expecting him to say that's he's like gonna buy her a new apartment or something that's not in the Bronx :P I'm so excited to see how this is gonna turn out. I expect it won't be TOO awkward seeing as Violet is very drunk and Andrew doesn't seem like the awkward type. I'm also hoping that there will be some good old fashion cuddling (like we saw earlier) because they're gonna have that whole conversation about the bed situation which is gonna go down like this:
Andrew: "You take the bed."
Violet (in all of her drunken glory): "Nah bro I'm gonna take the couch because at the end of the day you're my boss."
Andrew (now in shmexy pjs that consist of him being shirtless): "Obviously the only solution to this problem is for the BOTH of us to take my bed."
Violet: "Okey dokey artichoke."
And then Andrew is gonna toss her one of his shirts to sleep in (because that dress is not the comfiest thing) and they're gonna cuddle and it's just gonna be so fab.
Hahhaa okay maybe not EXACTLY like that but you get the idea :P
Anyways I really liked this chapter a lot and I look forward to the next one! Cannot wait to see what goes down at Andrew's house.
skye real chapter 7 . 12/21/2013
*squeals* Love it! Puh lease update soon!
quibbler149 chapter 7 . 12/21/2013
Another update? Already?! You spoil me. I have actually wondered what drunk Violet looked like for a while now and I can't believe you indulged my fantasy of Andrew coming to the rescue. You told it in such a realistic way that feels very organic to the story. Thank you for your lack of convoluted plot.

I cannot wait to see how Violet fares in the next chapter. I'm so glad that Andrew is treating her properly. I really respect Violet as a character and I am looking forward to her personal growth as well as the development of her relationship with Andrew, which is flourishing so well, thanks to you.

Have a wonderful Christmas. I'll look forward to the next chapter from you. Thank you for such a quick update this time! It's an early Christmas present from you :)
iCY the Polar Kid chapter 7 . 12/21/2013
Yay for Andrew/Vi time :D!
Pseudonym59 chapter 7 . 12/21/2013
Looks like Andrew has a slight crush on Violet. :)

I hope Josephine starts treating Violet better. :(
AlwaysBeAUnicorn chapter 7 . 12/21/2013
Aww he is so nice. I think he really likes her and he doesn't even know how much yet. Love the story. Can't wait to see what happens next
Skylar Lewis chapter 6 . 12/21/2013
Epic! Update soon, please!
Guest chapter 6 . 12/20/2013
is it possible to put up a picture of violet and josephine?

really curious!
BurstofPassion chapter 6 . 12/18/2013
ooh, What is he offering? **wiggles eyebrows suggestively**
Guest chapter 6 . 12/18/2013
Cuuuuutttteee!
AMessofPickles chapter 6 . 12/18/2013
DEAR GOD I HOPE TO GOD JOSEPHINE MAKES THOSE AUDITIONS AND VIOLET AND ANDREW DATE. YES PLEASE. YEEEESSSS PLLLEEEEAAAASSE.

Hahahah I'm in a spectacularly good mood today because today marks the end of finals! Yay! And then I came home to see this lovely treat in my email which was basically the cherry on top of my already wonderful afternoon. I really really enjoyed this chapter. I thought it was well done and I loved reading the interaction between Andrew and Violet.
Also, I'm completely loving the little shared bits between Paul and her. They're friendship is wonderful and I hope there are more scenes with the two of them together :D Paul is a fantastic side character :D I wonder what he would have thought of Josephine. Perhaps he'd just find her amusing. He seems to find many things in life amusing which is a great attitude to have.
Anyways I think my favorite line in this chapter was definitely the end where he says "Or we'd have to date...Either or." I just imagined him saying that line and it was so perfect and spot on because I feel like he's quite nervous around Violet which kind of throws him off and he wants to let her know how he feels but in a casual way and GAH IT WAS JUST SO PERFECT.
All in all this was a fantastic chapter as usual and I cannot wait for the next one :D I hoping it's soon :D Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Leah chapter 6 . 12/18/2013
Thankyou so much for the update! what a great story, please continue to post chapters :)
Mandy S. Bryan chapter 6 . 12/18/2013
I really like this story... great progress
971 | « Prev Page 1 .. 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 .. Last Next »