Reviews for Lunch atop a Skyscraper
TheClosetWriter16 chapter 5 . 12/7/2013
Oh God, the next chapter is going to get very interesting haha. Amazing chapter! Josephine actually cracks me up. I can understand Violet's earlier concern about her sister coming now.
Update soon :D
AMessofPickles chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
Okay, so first of all I feel so terrible that I have not reviewed this lovely story up until now. I normally review every story that I'm following but lately life has been crazy and I've barely kept up with FP. So instead of going back to review each chapter, I'm just going to make this an extra long review and hopefully I'll be better about reviewing in the future.

My first reaction to finishing this chapter was OH DEAR GOD HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY LEAVE IT OFF THEEEERRREE. Seriously that was not cool. I was very upset that you left this chapter off RIGHT when Josephine asked that question. I do hope that the next update will be prompt so we can see Andrew's reaction ASAP.

All in all I really really enjoyed this chapter! I thought it was excellent that you started it right when Josephine came to visit. I thought that her personality was perfect from the way Marina described it and it was interesting to see her and Violet's relationship form and how Marina acted as the buffer. I was cheering Marina on throughout this chapter and was shouting at Violet to just slap her or something. I cannot believe they're sisters! It makes me wonder if it was always this way between them and I wonder how they were when they were younger. I hope that Josephine will have some kind of redemption arc because it makes me sad that Violet and she have such a rocky relationship.

Now moving on to the exciting part :P ANDREW. DEAR GOD. This chapter oh my gosh. I loved the way you wrote everything from the way Violet was contemplating her "crush radar" (because that is SO 100% true) to Andrew's little jealousy thing with his friend. It was all so perfect and wonderful. I totally was shrieking when they said that Andrew mentioned Violet. Eeep! That is so adorable. I really liked how this chapter showed that Andrew thinks of her and stuff since he seems so..aloof around her when their working. Of course I wish that there was more interaction between them (perhaps something that could be construed as relationship-y by Josephine because that would be hilarious) but sadly there was nothing much. I expect that there will be more of him in the next chapter because there will be the whole aftermath of Violet's (and Marina's) lie and everything...

Speaking of that, I have no idea how I feel about that! A really big part of me hopes that Andrew lies with Violet and this story turns into this whole fake relationship thing while they actually fall in love with each other. Not only would that be extremely entertaining because Violet works for him, but it would immensely satisfy me because of Josephine's undoubtedly priceless reaction :P. Oh god I can just IMAGINE her face right now. That would be gold. I feel like Josephine might stick around though. I mean what happens if she wins the auditions? Doesn't that mean that she'll have to stay in NY? And doesn't that mean that she'll end up staying with Violet...? Then again it seems as if she just missed her audition to figure out the truth about Violet sooo...? Yeah I have no idea what's going on...Oh and another part of me doesn't want Violet to lie and scheme and everything. And I don't Andrew being dragged into that whole thing. I dunno. I just want you to update so I can see what happens XP.

Anyways I hope that was sufficiently long enough to excuse my horribleness from before! I'm thoroughly enjoying this story and meeting all of the new characters. Paul is so wonderful. I wonder if Andrew's friend Jason will reappear again. He seemed fun and of course I love seeing a jealous Andrew :P That might be exciting. Anyways I cannot wait until the next update! I've loved this story.

P.S One piece of constructive criticism: I noticed that you used "geez" a bit too much when Josephine and Marina were talking about Andrew and the Hamptons in the beginning. Of course it didn't distract me and I really only noticed it when I read through the chapter a second time but I thought that it would be better if a different word was used in place of one of the "geez" words. :) Hope that helps! Again it's not a big deal so feel free to ignore me :P
BurstofPassion chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
Oh no!
foreternity chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
omg josephine seems like a horrible sister :( poor violet! and i really really reaaaally hope that andrew will back up violet ahah :) and it was adorable when he got slightly protective of her when jason offered to show her around NY c: i hope you can update soon again! :)
leavesfallingup chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
You have to love sisters... since murder is illegal in most countries... and the plea of "justifiable homicide" never seems to work as well as it should.

Then again, Andrew's reaction to Jason's offer does seem to indicate that Marina's lie might be closer to the truth than Vi realizes.
guest chapter 4 . 12/6/2013
Cliffhanger much?! I can't wait to know what's gonna be his reaction. This story has such a fresh background. Looking forward to the next chap. You're a great writer :-)
Guest chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
Lololol
quibbler149 chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
AN UPDATE! Thank you! You always develop Vi's relationship with Andrew just that little more each chapter and I am hooked. I really like that Vi has a bit more backbone than the usual martyr-ish heroine whose selflessness becomes less an attribute than annoying characteristic. I'm still worried about her relationship with her sister who is exceedingly bossy and thoroughly unlikable. Marina I am still adoring, and I missed a bit of Paul in this chapter, although I will say Vi's interaction with Andrew's friends this chapter and the interesting reaction Andrew gave to Jason was my favourite scene in this story so far. Again, thank you for the updates that you always give so consistently. I am already (painfully) waiting and looking forward to the next one.
carrothead101 chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
I WANT TO SLAP HER SISTER. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LEFT IT HERE ON SUCH A CLIFFHANGER, ANDREW HAS TO GO ALONG WITH IT. Just look at her sister you need to cut violet a break. I can't wait to see her face IF he says yes hehehe he so will he likes her he just needs to admit it now.
guest chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
Oh fuck, she's so screwed. I actually don't like what her friend did there; granted, it was to make a bitch like Josephine get the kind of treatment she deserves, but she did it without thinking of the consequences. Ah well, i'd hate to see Vi in a tough spot but i guess that's kind of required for plot development...great writing. I really love the premises of this story. It's gonna be your best, i can tell :) i've read both of your previous novels, and you've come such a long way :) keep it up:) update
Shannon chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
Thank you so much for updating! Love this story so much, you're such a talented author I hope Andrew goes along with it and understands argh! Please update soon!
x.betweenthelines chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
Oh god, I love Andrew so much, and that cliffhanger! I feel so sorry for Violet but also really excited about what's going to go down. I'm guessing Andrew will play along because he'll see that Josephine is a bitch, but things will get kind of awkward ha.

Violet reminds me of Kayla from your other story. They always end up in the worst situations! :p
Solipsist chapter 4 . 11/26/2013
I really love this story. So so so much! Looking forward to the next update :)
TheClosetWriter16 chapter 4 . 11/25/2013
Ahaha I actually love this so much! I haven't read since chapter.. one? two? But it is definitely going somewhere ;)
Mandy S. Bryan chapter 4 . 11/25/2013
Really liking this story so far. Look forward to the next update.
971 | « Prev Page 1 .. 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 .. Last Next »