Reviews for Adam and Evan II: Evan and Hell
RemiDaria001 chapter 8 . 7/13
Your an amazing writer! PLease I beg of you, don't leave me hanging foreverg because for the next few weeks I probably won't think about much else so pls update!
faerie-gumdrops chapter 8 . 1/1/2019
Dear Adam, you sweet and squishiest of things – look at you going outside with a brolly, you babe, you dude. Twirling your new-found confidence around like a debonair little squish; frothing about with all your friends in the car and listening to MUSIC and all. Pure and gorgey loveliness and I have like nothing constructive to say. So the things I like:
1) I believe that Madhavi would intimidate the shit out of me in real life, but I love that I can enjoy her here, from afar, and see how awesome she truly is. Like she’s spiky and in your face, but I love how you showed that she is a *listener*, she got layers like a sexy tiny onion. Sexy shallot Madhavi – I am glad that she is there to take Adam’s virginity, even though I am like 80% sure that Evan would sort of hate her for it.
2) Sims music totally counts. You know that Adam will know all the Simlish words too. Bless him.
3) It’s super cool that what you would think is the main point of this chapter (i.e. the doctor’s appointment) is really super glossed over and barely mentioned. It’s all about the /journey/, dude. Although obviously the part about Adam not being any better is a total LIE and he has magicked away his genetic condition with coconut milk. Oh Vicky, you cruel terrible nurse for giving us all hope…
4) This intereaction with his mum was so pretty. I love-love-loved the whole part about how she misses him before he’s even gone. So beautiful and bittersweet and all sorts of awesomeness – you’re doing the things that I have always really admired you for – portraying these really complex relationships in such a poignant and understandable way and, as always, I have all the envy.
Please please please keep on popping out surprise chapters like this! I LOVE THESE GUYS.
ALSO ART SHOW, DAHLING! Much excite!
SistyMisty chapter 7 . 1/7/2018
I want to send you all kinds of encouragement so you write more often. I love this story.
WhyWeWashTheWindows chapter 5 . 2/23/2017
Aww Evan. So sweet. But that doesn't mean I don't want Adam to flirt a little with a model! It would be good for them if he was wanted by someone else and still chose Evan. Or maybe I just like a little drama haha! I want to hear more about Jason and his self confidence lol. Looking forward to the next update.
faerie-gumdrops chapter 5 . 2/22/2017
What is this? A new chapter (OR TWO), oh me oh my, and who’d of thunk it. So I am MOST HAPPY to see this updated. When I knew you were writing it, I was so excited (/terrified. Because stuff) and then you just bam out it so quickly, it gives me the excited butterflies because if this came out so quick, THE NEXT can come out so quick also, and then soon enough this whole damn story will be around for me to read and cry over. And then the end (hence the terrified). So yes.

Oh Adam, the sweet petal. He’s just suck a poor worried little bambi in this one. As usual I want to take him home and just pet him all day. I’d even let him cuddle SallyBear and they can be ursa minor together, because I love him so damn much. I’ve been out of the reviewing habit for so long, so I’m not sure my gush is going to even put this across properly, but TLDR I LOVE ADAM. MAKE MORE ADAM. ALSO MAKE ME AN ADAM I CAN PUT ON MY BOOKSHELF (please).

“So, naturally, Adam spend the whole weekend panicking” – NATURALLY. Adam, you are my spirit animal.

Love Mummy Adam more every time I read about her. Her with her superbright sunrises. So cute to see them hanging out and being all friendly. And WHAT the lesser spotted DADDY ADAM too. Oh me oh my. It’s awesome to see him spreading his worries about all his family and new buds, because I remember WAY BACK WHEN when he was just so lonely and isolated and he didn’t have any of these people /really/ and now look at how awesome and colourful his life is, even when you take away the sexypants puppy boyfriend.

It is fun imagining Madhvi and Even knowing each other from school, aka outside of Adamland. I think it’s really cool how your world is really coming together, even though your setting is super limited, what with Adam being a poor lovely shut in and all. YES. Note on that – it’s awesome how I’ve never really gotten bored of Adam’s place, even though that’s basically 90% of what we see. I think because Adam is such an interesting little sausage that things can never really be boring through his eyes. MAGIC.

Also I totally empathise, Skype face to face is bloody scary and wrong. Phone better. Better still is typing and not speaking at all. Maybe Adam and Evan can have typing sex. All over the keyboard. Ick.

HIDEY CANINES VAMPIRE ADAM. Because he so allergic to sunlight and all. DAWW HE IS THE CUTEST AND SO ARE YOU. MWAH.

Oh hai Evan, long time no see, pretty *waggles eyebrows*.

Selachimorpha is the best word. You teach me things. Oh sigh.

“He’s missed feeling like he’s being set on fire because someone loves him” – FEELS. SO MANY.

I love how Evan’s not all sunshine and rainbows. Like how Adam’s worried that Evan’s having this wonderful amazing life without him, and that he might disappoint Evan, but now that Evan’s NOT having the time of his life, I like how Adam’s silly brain is still like making him feel sad about being different.

Dave can fuck right off right now, just saying. Stupid symmetrical face Dave.

But yes.

Lovely conflict. Even if it does cause the beloved so much pain. Be nice to Adam. But don’t. But do really. Ack. Feels. And really nice and touching to see all the Adam remnants Evan has around his room. Because like, he DOES care. Good.

Please write a spin-off fanfic about Miroslav and Eric getting it on. The malamute can be in it too. And Eric. And Adam. And who knows, Reiner could come out for drinks with them one night. MY GOD WHAT A DREAM.

It is cute to see them bantering like this – I’ve really missed it. And them. *hug*

“Ada has to mail his present. He doesn’t even know if he’ll get to see Evan open it” – ack. This makes me like unreasonably sad. It’s just a little tiny touch, but I think it really demonstrates how growing old and moving apart can suck. Just all the lovely hanging out and stuff they were able to do before just isn’t so easy. And it sucks. No wonder Adam feels a bit like he’s been left behind. It’s such a horrible situation to be in, because obviously he has to let Evan go off and do these amazing sparkly things. But then also Adam hasn’t got forever, and fuck, the less time Adam is sad the better :(

“Adam falls asleep with his computer wrapped in his arms” – my god you meany. You leave us with THIS image. And expect us to wait patiently for the next one. I just want to leap through the screen and SCOOP HIM UP. Let me do it. For real. I’ll be nice to him.

GAH. I love this so much. Please write more soon because my soul is all itchy and impatient and I just want to see these boys all the time ever.
WhyWeWashTheWindows chapter 4 . 2/19/2017
I'm glad you updated recently or I would never have started reading this and I'm reeealy glad I read this and it's prequel. It's definitely a unique story. I love Adam's and his moms relationship. They're too funny. I'm looking forward to more of them and of getting to know more about the two new characters. I hope you update regularly! I would hate to not know how this new chapter of Adams life plays out.
InsanityAndBeyond chapter 4 . 2/7/2017
awwww yaaayy a chapter! Congrats on not giving up with it, writing is super hard!
There's somethng so beautiful about how Adam is written as a character, I feel like its a super fine line between expressing childike naivety and purety, and crossing over to infantalising or just a character being unlikeable babyish as an adult, and you do it perfectly. Adam's just a ball of love and emotions.

Is it bad that I kinda want adam and evan to fight? I think it is, Adams already going through angst bless him

cant wait for the next one:)
define-reality chapter 4 . 2/6/2017
Yay! I'm so glad you decided to start updating this story! The tale of Adam and Evan is honestly one of my favorites ever! Loved this chapter :)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/31/2016
This had so much potential. shame it was abandoned.
Guest chapter 3 . 4/12/2015
I hope you haven't forgotten about this story! I loved the original and cannot wait to see where you will take this one. Please please pretty please with a cherry on top continue
fantasyobsessed chapter 3 . 8/27/2014
I'm so glad ur continuing and expanding on this!
I look forward to seeing more!
Granddaughter chapter 3 . 8/8/2014
CLEARLY MADHVI IS THE BEST.

(Seriously, though, this is an incredible chapter – I love how the entire thing is written and cannot wait for Jason and Madhvi to meet Evan!)
faerie-gumdrops chapter 3 . 8/5/2014
Heheheee.

First off, omg the banner is so pretty and sexy and all sorts. I love it :D. But yes, I’m going to be a terrible person and not be able to find anything I haven’t said already, so uh, random OVERARCHING GUSH TIME :D.

I really really love that Adam is making new friends. One of my favourite lines in this was that one about it being two years since Evan, and the world is still unpalatable. Meeting Evan did so much for Adam (he doesn’t live in the basement, he’s better with his parents, HE HAS SEX), but I like how realistic it was in that Adam still *isn’t* completely okay (incurable illness aside), and he does still need to work on fixing himself a bit. Evan pushed him over the edge into growing up into the fine young (SEXY) lad he is, which was obviously so so important, and Evan will always be a special magical bunny rabbit in my heart, but Adam does need to branch out. Having so much reliance on one person isn’t healthy (for Adam or Evan) and it’s so sweet to see him opening up a bit in here to these strange peeing people.

Okay, so opening up is a bit of an overstatement – he’s still rehearsing things to say in his head, and barely squeaks at them – but he wanted them so see his art (so obviously has some albeit fragile pride in something that is so very *his*). Good on Adam, he should be proud of more things. Such a nice, sweet, smart guy :D. Also, thank God someone’s there to distract him away from him being alone without Evan-y-ness. The idea of Adam stuck on his own again is just so painful (although I like to think that one way or another, he would have actually fixed that. Maybe even *gasp* GONE OUT and MET PEOPLE – omigosh Adam in a gay bar would just kill me. It would be like brothel Col. SO AWKWARD).

So these newbies! I LIKE them. I like that they’re so joky about things like race and peeing on things and such. I like the description you added about Mads being a deer with a nose ring. Actually your descriptions of both of them were so lovely. I have CLEAR pictures of them in my head, even though you didn’t go into much detail. Very very nice, and I will gush forever. But I think my favourite thing about these guys is like their double act? Like they seem like they’ve known each other FOREVER. And it’s somehow very buddy-buddy. At the moment, they don’t seem like bf/gf – I wonder if that’s the case and why? Does there even need to be a why? I guess not :p. But yes, very very realistic and friendsy and cute. And it’s awesome that these two are sort of open and jazzy and such – how they push Adam a bit like Evan does – they make him sort of have to stand up for himself and stuff (e.g. him begging them not to pee on his stuff). Is the power of terrifying Adam *just enough*. The boy needs to be scared a leetle bit, doesn’t he? Poor chick.

So Tuesday! Bahaha, the dialogue made me giggle, the repetition was so lovely and SNAPPY. Again PLEASE WRITE A RADIO PLAY, IT WOULD BE AWESOME.

Hehehe, so basically I am so so glad that you updated this lovey! I hope that you get all sorts of inspiration vibes and write MOAR, cos I’m greedy and it’s beautiful and funny and cute. SCREW WORK AND STUDY AND STUFF :P.
InsanityAndBeyond chapter 3 . 8/4/2014
but...but...butbut we waited forever for an update and there was no Adam/Evan in it :(((
It was still a good chapter of course but I hope you get your inspiration back soon so we can look forward to more updates :)
alltheeagles chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
I like how you show Evan’s feelings with the Freudian(?) slip ‘leaving me’. It’s so much more effective than a flat out statement, or even a pretty description with lots of metaphors etc. I like the bittersweetness of them trying to pretend tomorrow isn’t coming, which makes me want to say to the annoyingly realistic wet blanket inside me, ‘Oh, just shut up!’. Yes, it’s escapism, but oh, how my it makes my heart fluttter! Finally I like the word ‘monophonic’. I’ve not seen it before, but it’s cool, and so much better to describe Evan’s condition than ‘monotonic’ which has nasty boring connotations.