Reviews for Follow The Signs
Mislav chapter 1 . 9/14/2020
Another interesting and mysterious story that kept me guessing until the end. You have a knack for interesting storylines and building up the suspense. I didn't expect Neil to meet that girl on the beach, nor for her to start writing those numbers in the sand. The last line was chilling, a great reveal. I wonder does that mean that the girl was an alien. You also described Neil's fascination with space very well. I liked additions of humor too, such as: "The only thing Neil wondered was that if we ever found intelligent extraterrestrial life somewhere else in the Universe, would we find an organism more enigmatic and complicated than a woman who asked questions to which she didn't want the answers to.

Somehow he doubted it."

Keep up the great work. I always like reading your stories.
alltheeagles chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
Short and sweet, and all in one tidy package, plotting-wise. I enjoyed the contrast between the 'trying to relax on a vacation' scenario and the science content, not all of which I understood, I confess.

The story raises questions, which to me is a characteristic of a good story - it leaves an impression on the reader, and is thus not forgettable.

There was one sentence I didn't get - 'And so on this lonely shore' up to 'could be be refuted' - I can't see the connection between the first part and the second part, unless you mean that what happened next could not refute the two possibilities. There were two 'be's in there, which might mean something got deleted in between?