Reviews for Back in the Day, When Being Was Unbearably Light
halcyon chapter 1 . 10/18/2016
this was beautiful. never stop writing.
shinju asuka chapter 1 . 10/13/2016
*sigh* this is beautiful...
Severed Arm chapter 1 . 5/10/2016
I'm so stupid; I always just search in the romance genre and don't look at the other genres attached to it.
angst.
romance/angst. my mortal enemy.
I'll learn my lesson one day and not die from a story that's so bittersweet it's a 70% cacao chocolate bar.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/19/2016
I think it's cool that you have let the ending open. Its worth it but not completely satisfying. This way the story seems to stay with you.
ImaginationFlows chapter 1 . 8/15/2015
The ones that would probably happen are the last one or the first one
(I kinda wish it was the last one)

It was a great and unexpected story.
Shadowswept chapter 1 . 7/25/2015
I absolutely hate student/teacher stories, so for you to make me favorite this is a huge accomplishment. It's the great writing that won me over, despite how much I disapprove of this kind of thing. Also, your protagonist was aware of the wrongness of it the entire time, and her angst was woven through the entire story. It came across as heartbreaking rather than exploitative and titillating. It was passion rather than mere lust, and you conveyed that so well.

The use of the second person POV was different and made the reader connect to the protagonist and imagine being in her shoes. It was really a brilliant choice for this story. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the multiple choice endings, only because I wanted a definite conclusion. I'd have to choose one of the last three, because I don't see a happy ending for them, but I see it being angst rather than prison.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/15/2015
omg
Fiery Dancer chapter 1 . 1/5/2015
OK - I loved this fix, though am very annoyed with the choice of endings! Really want to know from you, which one happened! Also loved your writing style - at first wasn't sure about it, but it really suited the story
Le Meerkat chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
Hmm... such an interesting little story, especially with a more than unusually plot... I've never really noticed that there's never really a female teacher/male student hahaha...Points of note: loved the fact that there were no names and how everyone described by the teacher was a label, I'm pretty sure that's how teachers really learn everyone's names... It was a slightly disappointing that there was no clear-cut ending, but it was still good that you left an open ending with ALL the potential endings... let's the imagination work for once hahaha. now it's time to read through everything else you've written haha thanks for the story :D
Joeythekanga chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
This is my favourite story! I come back regularly to read it. It never loses its charm. It's my favourite of your stories. Your characters are so human, believable. I love it!
Mr. Ree chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Hi there! Your story was added to the oneshot category of A Drop of Romeo (quite a while ago, sorry about that) :) Here's your review:

The best part about Back in the Day, When Being Was Unbearably Light is the ending. It's open-ended, satisfying and not at the same time, and not at all expected. Ironically, not in the way you'd think. And no, you're not allowed to just skip down to the bottom and read it because you'll miss the amazing story attached to it (and it probably wouldn't make much sense anyway).
As the summary states, this is a story about a teacher and her complex relationship with her student (aka 'Beautiful Boy'). It starts with the two during the school dance he is supposed to be attending and she is supposed to be chaperoning. They're in his car, and she 'recalls the path to [her] own destruction,' which started five months ago.
Narrated in 2nd person, this one-shot is written so well that 'flawless' isn't even close. But it wasn't only SophieInPink's prose that made her story so great. If I had to give an award for character portrayal, this is the story I'd give it to. They're interesting, and at the same time consistent and realistic, which is a hidden gem if I've even seen one.
hunter005 chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
You are a very good writer! I really enjoyed the 2nd person narrative. And that ending:
G. E. N. I. U. S. Very satisfying because it gives the reader an opportunity to imagine what happens afterwards. Overall, you wrote an awesome story. :)
The Siege chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
Okay, wow. I usually don't read student-teacher romances because they're just so unrealistic like does that actually even happen? Ever? But I decided to give yours a shot cuz I found it on ADoR and WOW it's really good! I love and hate the ambiguous ending (though I'm glad only one of the suggested endings is actually bad, haha) and you write so well. I'm a fan! :D
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
wow.. just wow! I loved this story. 3
imperfectlyokay chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
This story... oh my god. It was unbelievably amazingly perfect. I read it during a ten-minute break from studying and now my head is completely filled up with your characters, because even though not one single name was mentioned, you've developed your characters so much in 5400 words that I think they're my new favourite people. Your second-person POV was absolutely spot-on! Second person is uncommon but whenever I've tried it, the results are beautiful. I also loved the ending, and I literally just don't even know what to say. Brilliant. Amazing.
31 | Page 1 .. Last Next »