Reviews for Back in the Day, When Being Was Unbearably Light
The Siege chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
Okay, wow. I usually don't read student-teacher romances because they're just so unrealistic like does that actually even happen? Ever? But I decided to give yours a shot cuz I found it on ADoR and WOW it's really good! I love and hate the ambiguous ending (though I'm glad only one of the suggested endings is actually bad, haha) and you write so well. I'm a fan! :D
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
wow.. just wow! I loved this story. 3
imperfectlyokay chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
This story... oh my god. It was unbelievably amazingly perfect. I read it during a ten-minute break from studying and now my head is completely filled up with your characters, because even though not one single name was mentioned, you've developed your characters so much in 5400 words that I think they're my new favourite people. Your second-person POV was absolutely spot-on! Second person is uncommon but whenever I've tried it, the results are beautiful. I also loved the ending, and I literally just don't even know what to say. Brilliant. Amazing.
frouwe chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
I was not expecting to like this this much. I'm usually pretty hesitant about the student/teacher trope and all the dubious consent connotations that come with it but. BUT! It was so easy to grow fond of both of them (perhaps because they are obviously big High-Brow Lit People - I'm pretty sure in the ten year gap of my preferred ending he'd have gotten an MFA) and narratively it didn't really read as classic student/teacher; it felt constricted but not defined but it. Am I even making sense? (no.) Great oneshot, and I love your prose.
ipodshufflen chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
I normally don't read stories that don't have more than 100 reviews, which I am now realizing is a terrible mistake. I was a little hesitant at first, but your story is a hidden gem. I really enjoyed it! More people should read this story. Thank you for writing it :)
Solipsist chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
I love love love this story! I just found it on A Drop of Romeo and have to say that it is cute and sad and angsty and perfect and beautiful and torturous all rolled into one package. I love the way there are never names used, which gives it an air of detachment and mystery. Also great use of literature throughout the story... It made the main character much more believable and real. Really, really great job!
Lollipop addict chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
This was great. Characters, language, story, just fantastic.
The choose-your-own-ending killed me. The logical part in me chose the last ending, the realistic and sad one. I just hate that I can't change my mind sometimes.
Well, this was kind of heart breaking, but wonderfully so. Keep on doing whatever you're doing, love!
Carmel March chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
This is so perfect and so beautiful. I absolutely loved it. The second-person POV worked great, and the realistic choose-your-own-ending was so well done. Thank you for writing this!
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
I did really enjoy the use of second person for this! I also love being able to chose my own ending. Not having a clear ending is very satisfying. Overall, a very realistic and well written story! Great work!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
I want him.
my princess ending chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
It kills me to have to decide my own ending because I'm a sucker for happy endings. I don't know what to choose for them but all I know is that I want the best for them because they deserve it. I loved evey bit of this one shot. I love how they have a growing love for each other and how he never gave up on her. I love it all.
X chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
You're too amazing and make me feel all these feels with all your stories and I absolutely love your writing.
Meandmypinkpuppies chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
this...reading this was pure bliss. your writing is like poetry it makes you feel. keep writing, don't ever stop
Dreamzzdreamer chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
That was absolutely amazing. A one shot, and you managed to capture what I've seen countless published readers fail to do.
I commend you on your writing abilities and the beauty of every line.
Writers like you are why I became addicted to reading, and i cannot wait to become addicted to any other writings you have.
Brava!

**dreamzzdreamer**
DollyMarie chapter 1 . 11/18/2013
Loved it! The way it was written I could see it in my head.
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »