Reviews for Why is it so hard to get reviews?
RainbowBoy365 chapter 1 . 8/26
I feel you man, it's hard for me to get a lot of reviews for my stories too. I get that back then people used to leave reviews on this website... But nowadays people just look at stories and that's it. Well, unless if they just wanna follow.
Myst Marshall chapter 1 . 6/30/2019
HELLO!

I am so many years late. To be honest, I actually read this before, but didn't leave a review (oops) so here I am, to make up for it (at least I hope I can).

I think the difference between then and now is that a lot of the old readers/writers have really dropped off of this site. A lot of my favorite stories on here were written around 2007-2013 years and I think that was the time that reviewing really peaked on this site. That being said, I understand that a lot of people tend to just read and click the "next" button or simply add a "follow" without leaving a review. And sometimes if they do, it's to simply just say "update soon."

But I understand because I am guilty of that myself, since I like to read all of the chapters at once (at least what is posted at the moment) before I write a long review about everything so far because it gives me more things to talk about and hopefully be constructive (which is what I figure the reason most people post in the first place-either feedback or just to share with everyone).

With that being said, I'm glad you are trying to make a difference by reviewing on stories (I know you reviewed on a couple of mine so thanks for that!)

With that being said, I'm off to read your newest story! I had no idea you were still writing even after so long!

-MM
Wordsmith1994 chapter 1 . 12/8/2018
Yeah, I agree with everything you said. I want to know what readers are thinking! It’s so satisfying when people understand and respond to your work.

I try to keep in mind though that there are whole categories who never even consider reviewing — I don’t think it occurs to them. They’re consuming and enjoying but not reviewing. Think how few people actually take the time to write to published authors — I know FictionPress makes it easy, but if a reader isn’t a writer then commenting doesn’t seem to cross their minds.
Seudonimo Voldeminty chapter 1 . 12/10/2017
Wow. We had the same idea :) I didn't realise until I got a username that you can see how many hits you've gotten - and thus, how many people had a peek and didn't announce their presence. It is frustrating! Thanks for writing :D
Guest chapter 1 . 10/2/2017
Heres a review. I love your stories. Here is an advice. Keep on writing, no matter how many reviews. I love you ️
shika-paprika chapter 1 . 6/16/2016
This is what I'm dealing with right now. lmao
Even when I add "reviews appreciated", people just scroll past my stories and review someone else's. I don't care much for getting favorites or follows, I just want some feedback.
Tressenchy chapter 1 . 5/12/2016
I feel you! omg you so sweet , you review every single story:') I'll try to do that too :')
AccountKillerdeletethisaccount chapter 1 . 4/12/2016
I feel the same way! is worse for me because I no longer get much views and reviews. My story here on fictionpress is good, but nobody reviewed it.
jackthebaxter chapter 1 . 1/29/2016
You are a paragon of wisdom.
I leave a review every chapter or two, and try to start and finish with something positive to be encouraging. I will admit that this is at least partially a slightly cynical ploy to get the people I review to review my own work in return, but mostly I want to be encouraging.
I've also had a problem with reviews not appearing, both my own and those from others. I've had three reviews and I can only see one of them, and that consists of "I really enjoyed this", which is fantastic but not overly helpful. I think that constructive criticism is the most useful thing we can give another budding writer (although I don't know exactly how I would give constructive criticism to this particular story).
Nice idea setting it as a story, though.
C. V. Atwood chapter 1 . 1/22/2016
Boys' Bantam sounds very familiar, like something I had read. I tried to click on your profile to jog my memory, but didn't see it there anymore. If I did read it and didn't review, I apologize. I try to review when I read, but sometimes I'm trying to finish and chapter before I have to go to bed and then forget when I get up in the morning. No excuse, but it really does happen. :(
hptriviachamp chapter 1 . 10/11/2015
I agree completely, and I also have been surprised to see the amount of people who haven't reviewed very talented author's works... even though I'm guilty of that as well.
You know what? From now on, I'm going to review any story I vaguely like, and will tell them so, because any little bit counts :)
venatianwings chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
Wow, I just stumbled on this jackpot. I'm new here, but I've been writing on for a long time, so one of the things that really struck me as part of the fictionpress experience is the lack of viewers and reviewers. I have to totally agree with what trillion42 said in his review here (the very first 1) that this is a writing site, so every one is looking for an audience. Though, I think the audience is running in the opposite direction, scared away by the sheer volume of supply.

I do try to review the stuff I read (which is selective), but often I have come across stuff that seriously does not warrant reviews - casually and badly written stuff reeking of negativity that needs no encouragement. And still I see reviews on them! I ask myself, to what extent are people willing to go to get a review back?

So I propose a solution - taking an example from another site I wrote on a while back (it's the only thing I liked about it so won't care to post the name here), I think the situation here needs a helping hand from programers in the form of a new feature that allows people to post a story only after they review a random story (If they don't like the random one they get, they can surf to another one). It's a way of giving back to the community you are expecting from. No self respecting writer needs to resort to chaining themselves in a review trade that isn't obvious to the public.

I'm not sure how to get site staff involved, but any pointers are welcome and together, we can make a change.
A new author chapter 1 . 8/30/2015
Thank you and i totally agree. No one gets any reviews here. I would appreciate it if you read and review my story, Aquaeye. THANK YOU
wingless wolf chapter 1 . 6/27/2015
Graet story to how it is for writers.

Although I don't write stories myself am I able to understand rhat you don't like it if of the 200 people to read your story only three review and you made me try to write more reviews for the stories I read if only to let the writer know I like his/her story

WW
TotoDaDog chapter 1 . 6/12/2015
Um, why did u waste your time writing this?
43 | Page 1 .. Last Next »