Reviews for Fades in the Summer
amessageinabottle chapter 1 . 4/3/2015
I love this one shot! It was so bittersweet, shame I feel so bad for Tara loving someone only for them to love your twin sister... glad they some how managed to find their way to each other in the end... I feel like Talia should have know she was lying when she said go for it not regardless this was amazing and so sad, it broke my heart in so many ways but I think you wrote it well, all the conflicting emotions.
mesweetescape chapter 1 . 3/23/2015
ALSO, THIS STORY BROKE MY HEART IN SO MANY WAYS LIKE I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO I CANT DEAL.

GODDAMNIT IT WAS SO SAD BUT SO GOOD AND COMPLICATED AND I EFFING LOVED IT MAN YOU ROCK

Yeah I also read this a few months ago hey but this stuff is good though I dont read this over and over again because its just way too much feelings to handle ok
Carmel March chapter 1 . 3/15/2015
Wow, there really aren't words to describe this story. You managed to capture so many emotions so incredibly well, and took the time to really develop the characters, even though it was a one-shot. I'm ridiculously impressed with your writing and I'm looking forward to reading more from you in the future! :)
MonicaAlveen chapter 2 . 1/29/2015
This story..is amazing. It kills me and overjoys me all at the same time. Phenomenal job. Absolutely phenomenal.
5 minutes to midnight chapter 1 . 1/26/2015
Seriously, that just killed me a little. It was written amazingly! I get that Dylan had his time at college to try and move on, but I don't get how he came to the sudden realization that he loves Tara. I feel so damn bad for her, because every girl deserves to come first in her guy's eyes, and she doesn't. If anything, Tara is the most selfless character. She stepped aside, despite how she felt, so her best friend and sister could be together. And now she's willing to be with him even though she'll probably never have his whole heart, that makes my heart break for her. Overall, it was beautiful, but damn girl, don't make me cry anymore! P
Gintaras chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
I came across this on A Drop of Romeo and I LOVE the Blink 182 song the title references so I had to read it... Wow. I'm so glad that I did. It's been a long time since anything I've read online has moved me in the way that this has. Thank you for making me feel - my heart has shattered in so many ways in the course of this story and I'm almost in tears. You've inspired me to go back to writing for the first time in a year because THIS is what fiction should do - hurt you and heal you, all at once. Thank you for sharing this.
SummerAngel95 chapter 2 . 12/3/2014
Can I just say how awesome you are? Because you soo are! I honestly hope you go into publishing one day. I'd buy all your books because your writing is truly amazing, and I'm not just saying that. This story was so beautiful you can just feel the raw emotion. I felt so bad for Tara. I mean honestly it truly felt as if everyone perfered her sister over her, even her parents! What parent forgets their other daughter?!
And honestly I really believed Tara should have just left and never returned liked she had planned originally. Because personally I thought she deserved someone so much better than Dylan who will always want her sister. And I understand that, I really do, but Tara deserves someone that will love her whole heartedly instead of just half way or in second place. In fact I think she needs that considering how she was never treated equally by her parents and her feelings had never been mutual by Dylan.
But anyhow I loved this story and I loved how real you made this piece, it so very amazing!
Sorry for ranting and writing such a long review just wanted to tell you that this amazed me! (In a good way of course!) thanks for sharing and can't wait to see what you write next! :D
wonderstrk chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
SUCH a raw story, it felt so real. Thank you for sharing, loved this! It was a bittersweet ending, but I'll deal haha
Guest chapter 1 . 10/8/2014
This is the very definition of rollercoaster, and I'm so happy that it ended on an optimistic note. I was dreading the ending, and the sad playlist I had did nothing for my emotions. I love how you portray all the emotions and the extent of Tara's pain. You also gave her an ending that she deserved, for all the shit that she went through, so I'm glad for that. Beautiful job!
my princess ending chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
Honestly when I read about Talia's death I had no hope that this story would end in a way that I would be happy. Though I was rooting for Tara and Dylan the whole time, I knew they couldn't have that happy ending I crave. Every word said would never be forgotten and I doubt Dylan would ever get over his love for Talia and that's what breaks my heart. Tara doesn't deserve that but she fits so well with him. That was probably the most intense and emotional one shot I've ever read. I'm so torn between loving it and hating it, HELP ME.

I felt some déjà vu thing when I read "I love you, Tara" and felt as if I've read it somewhere before. But I haven't! The weird part was that it only happened during that line. It's weird. I'm weird, don't mind me.

You do the most amazing job conveying the emotion between Tara and Dylan. From the first part of the story I could kind of feel what what Tara was feeling and when I read about Talia and Dylan it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in too deep to just stop reading because I would feel pain either way.

I really like the way you described Tara as a person. Her dark thoughts are every bit of me that I refuse to let surface but she's so real and raw I can't hate her for being that kind of person. Through everything I know she deserves happiness. I love the type of person Tara is no matter what kind of horrible thing she says because she's been through too much in her life that will shape her into a person she shouldn't be. I might be speaking complete rubbish but that's how I feel about Tara.
Swati chapter 2 . 9/23/2014
This had me crying so many times... a rollercoaster. I loved it. You're one of the best writers on this site,honestly. I just...ASDFGHJKL.
WafflesandUnicorn chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Can I be honest? This story had me crying several times. It was just so emotional. It was an extreme emotional rollercoaster. One minute I was laughing, the next I was crying, the next I was pissed because Dylan was being a first-class-ass. I absolutely love this story. I wasted about four or five hours that I could've spent writing, reading this, but it was definitely worth it. I loved this so much I can't even express it. A job well done!
Lollipop addict chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
This is the best thing I've read in about a month. I was listening to sad music and crying, it took me so long to get through this. I'm glad I did. Love you!
iiHEARTyuu chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
Hi,

Wow. Just wow. This captures every emotion that Tara & Dylan are feeling so well. I feel like I was right there with her, in her head. You had me hooked from the very beginning!
I'm not usually one to choose to read angst but after seeing the review on ADoR I thought I'd check it out and boy, am I glad I did.
Thank you for an amazing story. Loved it :)
Cheers
Court
Ceri Anne chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
Wow. That's about all I can say right now. Just... wow. Not the most intelligent review ever but that's just what this story did to me. Fantastic story, made me want to cry so many times.
71 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »