Reviews for Fades in the Summer
Dill Wilson chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
Well written - honest, powerful and emotional. Realistic feelings captured well in the writing. Well Done!
Beeskeez chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
I couldn't be bothered signing in, but I felt like I had to review.
I honestly think this is the best piece of writing I've ever come across on this website. You write these characters that are so wonderfully fleshed out and realistic.
I've kind of reached a point in reading where I struggle with any kind of romance story because I always find faults in the realism or authenticity of the characters, but I just have nothing to fault you on.
Everything about that was perfect to me.
I loved that there wasn't that typical ending of him having loved her more from the start, or something. I mean I felt so truly awful for Tara that in the end I was desperately hoping that it would end like that, but at the same time that would've been a horrible ending and I'm so glad you didn't do that, it felt much more honest this way.
I just get the feeling from your writing like you understand people so well. Like, all the stories I've published on here were written a while back, before I think I had a proper grasp of just how complex people really are, and that's often what I find I have an issue with, with other people's writing, is that their characters are just too one dimensional, but I didn't find that with you at all.

Honestly, I could rant for days, but long story short, I thought that was beautiful, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, so thank you so much for writing it,
Bee.
AMessofPickles chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
Good lord. That was one heck of a chapter. Congratulations for sticking with this story and sincerely giving it your all. I'm so impressed and surprised that you started this in 2010. I enjoyed every sentence of it and god I cried through it all. Wow that was really intense. This was definitely one of those stories that make you feel like you got sucker-punched in the stomach and gosh I'm still reeling.

Fortunately, I haven't experienced the death of many relatives or friends but this story got me thinking about what it would be like to loose my brother and gosh I feel so silly for tearing up while I'm writing this.

I wish I could give you a better review that isn't all over the place but basically I loved this story and you're writing and the characters. Tara was an amazing MC and I empathized so much with her. I was coming apart at the seams just as much as she was and I loved that I was able to do that. Death and grief is really hard to write about but you pulled the whole story off beautifully. I loved the uncertainty of the ending. It wasn't enough to be off-putting, but at the same time it was very realistic and true to reality.

Thanks again for an amazing story. It was definitely worth putting my homework off for. :)
Mr. Ree chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Hi :) Your story was added to the 'one-shot' category of A Drop of Romeo! Here's your review:

Ali Thinks: “Fades in the Summer” is centered around the two things I hate in stories: angst and a love triangle. Tara’s in love with Dylan, her best friend from forever who lives two doors down. But, they don’t really speak anymore— not since her fraternal twin sister/Dylan’s girlfriend at the time, Talia, died. When they do speak, it ends either in sex or a big blow-up of an argument. They know what they’re doing isn’t good for either of them, but both are still drowning in the pain of losing someone the love and they’re the only ones who understand the heartbreak the other is going through. They’re drawn together just as strongly as they try to repel each other. See, angst… love triangle…

I was hooked.

I don’t know what it was, but dear-llama caught me right from the beginning like a starving fish to a big, fat worm. And there was no looking back, much like Tara and Dylan’s… rocky relationship. A lot of times when people have that sort of I-want-you then I-can’t-be-on-the-same-continent-as-you relationship I can’t help but think just get on with it, already because their problems are easily solved, or it’s just so drawn out, but this wasn’t the case with those two at all, which is hilarious considering the length of this one-shot. Plus, both of them were so well developed that even though the whole thing is written in 1st person from Tara’s eyes, I would have understood Dylan just the same if it had been written from his point of view.

Now, when you open the page for this one-shot, you’re probably going to have the same reaction I did. You’re going to bug-eye, and I’m not going to tell you exactly how many words this has because I don’t want to take that experience away from you. I thought reading this would be a drag— so many words with only line breaks to chop it up? Oh lord. But nope, I read the whole thing at 3 in the morning and as I type this at 5:30 I have no regrets. It seems long, it looks long (mostly because it is long) but I didn’t even notice until I found myself creeping slowly toward the end. As I kept close watch of the sidebar, I wished it was back at the top so I’d have more to read, and I’ll tell you why—

“Fades in the Summer” is centered around the two things I hate the most in stories, but I’m going to read it again. When I look at my favorites to find an old love to re-read, I’m going to read it again. I’m going to do this because despite my bias toward angst and love triangles (which lessened a lot after reading this), dear-llama also managed to touch upon everything I really love about a story: flawless writing, amazing characters, realism and a lovely, original story that’s definitely going to stick around in your mind and heart for a very, very long time.
lauran13 chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
Loved this! And so so glad you didn't break them up in the end! It always makes me feel cheated and frustrated when I spend time reading and getting invested in characters just to have them go their separate ways in the conclusion. This was great!
a chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
really emotional and great story!
FlowerGirl55 chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
This is in all seriousness the best story iv read... It had me crying the whole night ... So beautiful but so heartbreaking at the same time
Guest chapter 2 . 8/23/2014
I think she settled instead of moving on...what's that they say..."many fish in the ocean?"
heal me forever chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
I don't know everytime i start reading something like oneshot the heart wrenching ones I wish they have happy endings u know what i mean? BUT for this one from my bottom of my heart i felt they are not correct for each other. he can't and doesn't love Tara like she loves him urghhhh feeling so u gave an alternate ending where they won't end up together coz for me it doesn't seem right :( Sorry if i am being rude or anything just reading this i felt they are not meant to be together as tara said Taalia would always be the ghost hanging btw them ..they can't be happy for will catch up with them /3 anyway the emotions and feels u gave with this one is so heart guting ! always a fan of your one shots . Tara's character is RAW! love her to moon and back :D wish she could move on from Dlyan though /3 :(
-Keep writing (:
Melody.He.1 chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
My god, this story made me so emotional. I don't usually get teary-eyed when reading but this story had me bawling haha. Please please please keep writing stories and keep posting them because your stories are amazing.
Pop the Bubble chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
This was indeed a long monster of a story! But a beautiful monster. I loved it - the emotions and characters are just so raw, and they really push the story along. Keep writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
I do have an account I'm just to lazy to log in right now.
Your writing made me feel, every emotion of those characters, I felt it all, I love how they got a happy ending I'm glad you did it like that. I would say it's awesome but it's not that kind of story, because of all the heartache, but it was brilliant it made me feel.
xxjoceyuxx chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
This was a gorgeous piece and beautifully written. This one shot felt quite realistic especially with how they interacted. Loved it!
Becky chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
This was a really good story. I got pretty emotional reading this and even cried a little bit, that's how great it was. But I'll be honest, I don't really like the way Dylan treated her. Even before Talia's death. If he really was Tara's best friend, why couldn't he tell something was wrong? I mean if he cared about Tara at all, why didn't he try talking to her instead of acccusing her of things and calling her selfish? I don't even know if you'll ever see this review but I think it would be interesting for you to write this story in Dylan's perspective. I'd really like to know what the hell is going on in his head.
jojofries chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
I love this piece the most of your works. Don't call it a monster, it's not one. You write beautifully. I couldn't hold back the tears as I was reading it.
71 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »