Reviews for No Animal
Eeliab8 chapter 2 . 1/2
Wow that was well written and left me wanting to know more about what was going to happen to Cody especially. I can't wait for more!
moonlight543 chapter 1 . 1/1
I really felt Ricky's plight and I feel so sorry for Cody. This is really well written and does show what abuse does to a person. Very nice work.
TheShuttle chapter 1 . 1/1
Let me start by saying this piece begs for more. It sounds like this day that Ricky is going to attempt a breakthrough and as the reader I'm really anxious to find out what then happens. Is he going to convince Cody eventually to come over, or is something else going to throw a spanner in the situation?

I like the fact that you manage to emphasise the compassion Ricky has, and that he really does want to reach out and help. You've successfully created a really engaging premise, and that tagline just adds such a sinister tone, like even the worst we can imagine Cody going through from what you've told us might even then fall short of the truth.

I think what sells it the most is your writing style. It's simple, to the point but laced with exactly the right level of detail you'd expect for the observations of a child Ricky's age. Like I said I'm facinated to know where you'll take this if you write more on this particular story, which I really hope you do. :)