Reviews for A Boy Named Death
logan89 chapter 11 . 3/3
Grim determination has paid off now that he has found the island where they think that Hades is out. Berry and Life has really gotten close, and its good to see Berry still playing a good part of this story. Big brother life making Grim get some sleep and rest before their adventure starts was a good touch of family in this chapter. Looking forward to seeing what they find on the island.
logan89 chapter 10 . 2/20
Life and Berry bumping in Jewell again gave us a chance to learn more about Berry's past. What Jewell did to Leo getting him hook on drugs is a shame, but I am happy that Life promise Berry that he would be there for her. Poor Grim is still stuck on Eris not realizing that she is the real villian. Good chapter.
logan89 chapter 9 . 2/11
What a good twist and mystery who can Eris really be? I am looking forward to finding out, I knew something was wrong when she caused Uncle Courage to disppear. Life and Berry developing an emotional attachment for each other, while poor Grim is caught with Eris not knowing what or who she really is. Now your ending is great Eris has not capture mother and Hades is actually working for her. But again who is she?
logan89 chapter 8 . 2/5
Does the team really trust Eris? It seems like Grim and Berry are having reservations about her, especially since she seems to know an awful lot about Hades. It looks like she might be leading our trio into a trap, especially since she knows where to find Hades and about the door to the afterlife. Life seems to be clueless or he has fallen under Eris spell and smile. Looking forward to reading the next chapter.
logan89 chapter 7 . 1/31
Our trio battling ghosts that kee;p reforming and will not enter the after lift. Grim keeps getting tired after each fight, I wonder if his father did something to him when he made him mortal? So someone calling themselves Hades gave the ghost a way to avoid the after life and is watching our heroes from a far. I like this plot so far and Berry's place in the story fits very well between Grim and Life.
logan89 chapter 6 . 1/28
Grim still have nightmares from Uncle Terror's influence and not a storm. Grim is going through alot right now. Life and Berry having a connection is a good twist. Even with Jewel's interference, but hopefully Life does not get too tempted by her. Will Grim's nightmares continue? Looking forward to finding out what is causing his nightmares. Good chapter.
logan89 chapter 5 . 1/23
Father Fear and Uncle Terror with Life for a brother what a father reunion. I loved that Uncle Terror could give peole nightmares and that he seem to feed on their fear. Life and Grim battling the older spirit but both losing in the beginning uncle Grim was able to standup to his uncle. Berry is such a good character in this story so far and she seems to be the glue that helps Grim stay focus on his journal to forgiveness from his father. Good chapter.
logan89 chapter 4 . 1/17
Life being Grim's big brother is well a funny idea but it works well with your story. Good imagination with your characters. Berry and Grim releasing the soul of the elder woman after she kept htting Grim was funny and Grim finally agreeing to let Life stay around him and Berry. Aunt Despair worrying about Grim was a good touch in this chapter.
logan89 chapter 3 . 1/11
The adventures of Grim and Berry sounds very catchy. It was funny to see how Berry had no fear going in the graveyard but Grim was a little. The battle of the ghost of biker gangs was good as Grim help the restless souls make it their final resting place. Berry had to save Grim at end was a nice touch.
logan89 chapter 2 . 1/8
Nice to see Grim recover after the events of the first chapter. Having Berry as a friend and maybe even as a guide could help Grim get off his punishment. Grim thinks that there is something more to Berry than meets the eye. Will he be right? Nice chapter and both of your characters are very believable and written very nicely.
logan89 chapter 1 . 1/5
The grim reaper in a twelve year old body is very creative and shows that you have a great imagination. Meeting Berry a girl around the same age and maybe building a friendship between them looks promising as well. I think you allowing Grim to be tired out or weaken from using his powers is a good vunerability for him to have, and will allow him to feel more "human" in nature. Looking forward to reading more about Grim. Thanks for sharing.