Reviews for Vampire Consort
perfect.fluke chapter 10 . 8/7/2015
I still want her to escape! I like him a bit more from this chapter, but still!
SophieBeaLouise chapter 10 . 8/7/2015
Ohhhhhh I really enjoyed this. I hope Dragos does choose Dawn to be his consort- I have a little inkling he will. :)
hokarina chapter 9 . 6/28/2015
I really like this story, your writing are my secret indulgence .
Every chapter worth it, so please, update frequently for us!
anonymous chapter 9 . 6/28/2015
Wow Dragos suddenly turned into a real ass these last two chapters! Didn't see that one coming!
Vietnamese chapter 9 . 6/26/2015
OMG OMG I enjoy this story so far and I'm excited to read more! I can't wait for your next update :)
neonpink chapter 9 . 6/26/2015
A really nice story. I like that last sentence a lot. ;)
I look forward to know what King Dragos would do next.
Carly Chameleon chapter 9 . 6/23/2015
It's a rare story where there's a big conflict and rather than end up hating one or more of the main characters afterward, I walk away loving all of them-and the story-even more.

I'm getting ahead of myself, though. In the last chapter, I enjoyed watching Dragos' mask slip and Dawn lose her well-bred calm. The thing that really struck me about the scene in the carriage is that both of them had points. I know many readers' opinions will polarize on the matter, either siding with Dragos or Dawn, but I felt that they were both right in their own ways. Yes, Dawn is a slave, high-ranking or not, but that doesn't mean she should accept the idea that she doesn't deserve to be treated with dignity and humanity. Her fury at Dragos' threats and actions was believable and understandable-it made her very real in that moment.

On the other hand, it's true that she danced to Dragos' tune, surrendering what control she might have had in the situation by losing her cool. And the king was being honest. Cruel perhaps, but honest. It's also true that he's been playing fair and rather nice, considering the situation. So, while his actions in the carriage weren't "good", neither is he a monster to be despised.

That becomes even more apparent in the next chapter, and blossoms into something wonderful. When Dawn asks him why he didn't just heal the bite marks, he points out that if she'd come out of the carriage without any marks on her after people had heard her yelling, they would have thought he'd raped her, and the reputation she'd been so concerned over would have been stained even more. He also points out that her moping inspired Amaro to challenge him about her treatment. If she'd just talked to him, like a friend, it wouldn't have happened.

I don't say those things in a judgmental or "she asked for it" tone. They were just things that, yes, might have been avoided, but because people/characters have emotions and their reactions aren't perfect, s**t happens. From a writing standpoint, it was an excellent way to play with perspective and perceptions.

What I like most about the whole scene between Dragos, Dawn, and Amaro is that Dawn learned from the experience. She realized she was being prejudiced against Amaro and was cruel to reject his offer of friendship. Also, that her anger and distress over her reputation and wounded pride were small in comparison to other things, such as losing Amaro and Alex.

And again, each of them had their points. Yes, Dawn kind of triggered events with her actions...but so did Dragos, by biting her without consent. And what Amaro did was meant honestly. He really felt Dragos had insulted/hurt Dawn and didn't want to see her treated like nothing.

I liked Amaro when he was shown a little more fighting the other guardians and escorting Dawn before. Now I love him. I'm glad he seems to be gaining a larger role in the story.

Usually, I eye love triangles-especially ones involving vampires-with suspicion since they're often used to cause excessive, petty drama, but I know this one will be worth the time.

Finally, the last line tickled me pink. As always, I'm looking forward to watching the story unfold.
perfect.fluke chapter 9 . 6/23/2015
Omg I think this my favourite chapter yet! I hope Amaro and Dawn get together. Or he at least helps her escape! Oh poor little Alex. All to make her feel better. I was so mad about dawn being reduced to a miserable state, but this only made her stronger! Thank you for the update! Now I really can't wait for the next!
annayh44 chapter 9 . 6/22/2015
He loves her. .what a fake love! I hate Dragos. .Why he is so bad? I thought he care Dawn :(
annayh44 chapter 8 . 6/22/2015
I hate the King . .why he so evil :( Poor Dawn!
perfect.fluke chapter 8 . 6/21/2015
Ohhh that makes my blood boil. Stupid king. I can't believe he did that. I hope she escapes!
Alex J. Williams chapter 8 . 6/21/2015
Wow, I was so not expecting this from Dragos; he seemed so nice. Now I can't help but wonder what similarities he shares with his father. He has shown love and compassion for his mother's sad life, but now I'm excited to see how far Dragos is willing to hurt Dawn in order to keep her. Also can't wait to see his reaction to Dawn's escape. Did he see it coming? Or did he think Dawn's goal was to become the Vampire Consort so that she could rule over the humans and give them a better life?
Thanks for the update!
anonymous chapter 7 . 6/11/2015
I'm so happy you updated! Great chapter :) I'm sorry about the tragedies in your life :(
celest chapter 7 . 6/2/2015
i love this book! love the twists
Carly Chameleon chapter 7 . 6/2/2015
Ha, loved the last few lines!

A very enjoyable chapter. Dawn doing some undercover detective work was fun to see, especially since she could use her powers of observation and intelligence that Dragos seems to admire so much. I like that the girl who seemed guilty wasn't, and the more charming one was. People have a tendency to judge more based on appearance or how likable they find a person is rather than fact or evidence, and Samantha might have gotten away with it if not for Dawn.

The conversation between Dawn and Dorothy raised a few good points about privilege and how she idealizes humans. I'm glad she agreed to take Alexander with her, and that she was inspired to do farther-reaching good.

Also, liked the bit about putting the ring in the soup like the fairy tale and how she hid Dragos and Cynthia in the closet for Samantha's confession. I guess Samantha didn't realize you should never reveal your nefarious plans in a monologue, lol.

Looking forward to the next chapter and the Midnight Ball!
113 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »