Reviews for Elementals
Sepha chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
It's time to D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!

•••

STORY: Thereare stories inspired by a concept, and then there are stories that're near parallel to that concept. This is basically "Yu-Gi-Oh!" all over again. Man, I decide to review this story while scrolling down your profile, and I guess this was okay?

SCORE: 6 out of 10

•••

CHARACTERS: Bokuro is about as bland as they come, and lacks that characteristic that makes you want to root for him. As for the others, I can barely remember their names without having to re-read the story. This is a bad thing.

SCORE: 5.5 out of 10

•••

WRITING: Need I even say anything?

SCORE: 5 out of 10

•••

FINAL OPINION: Better if you just watch Yu-Gi-Oh. Seriously, not joking.

Now, given the categories of Story, Characters, Writing, as well as my own personal enjoyment, has me giving Elementals a numerical score of:

5.88 out of 10, with a recommendation to read it rather than follow it.
deadaccount2019 chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
I think the biggest issue with the story is that it's too reminiscent of Yu-Gi-Oh. The card game/pet monster genre is definitely a popular one in anime and manga, but so far I don't feel as though there's anything setting this story apart from others. Even the opening feels pretty template.

One thing I will say for the writing, however, is that you *do* capture the essence of anime and manga. It's very straight-forward and a bit dramatic in the dialogue, not to mention the use of dialogue for exposition. I actually felt like I'd gone back in time to when I was into fanfiction, and that made it very enjoyable from a nostalgic perspective. :)
Hikari-Artwork chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
So...it's like Yu-Gi-Oh then...