Reviews for Frayed Ties
Error chapter 6 . 2/17
I love Hamish LOL
mavinclark chapter 6 . 2/11
I'm very interested in this new version, its got the same characters but it feels like they have more depth to them and you stay closer to what you ibtended for the mage hybred to be, which I find refreshing. One thing I'm wondering is if the captain was ment to feel weak at points? It's in areas it feels like he's going back on how he was acting earlier, and while that could be intentional it gives off a weak vibe. Above all that I love the story and I've been with you since the beginning of the first version, keep going your great!
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 6 . 1/30
I didn't know there was an update! Sweet character introduction. These are all new right? Can't wait to explore the camp … !
blue77 chapter 1 . 1/23
I read this when you first put it out and I think I can see some of the differences. The story was great before and is only getting better! Great job thank you so much for your hard work and dedication.
kdayan chapter 6 . 1/23
"He's our son."
"I gave him *several* mandarins."
Ohhhh, Hamish.
fishnamedjim chapter 6 . 1/22
So happy to see your updates! wish I didn't have to wait to see where things go next!
chibikodo chapter 6 . 1/22
Can't say I recall Slone from the previous version, but he seems like a good guy. His brother presumably encounted the ragtag team of free mages?

Danya is a walking mess of contradictions. :)

Thanks for the update!
ya frond chapter 6 . 1/21
33333 thanks i love it
Heart Made Fullmetal chapter 5 . 1/18
Hello there! I started reading this before you rewrote it, and I just wanted to let you know that I'm really happy that you're still planning on continuing it! This chapter was one of my favorite parts (among many) in this story. I plan to stick with it all the way through! :D
P.S. It instantly makes my day to see an email telling me that this has updated. :)
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 5 . 1/13
I think this story has only gotten more brilliant. Simon's character is still a bit of a mystery, as he seems both distant and obliging, but Hamish's insights here and there work well as character development. Danya is adorable. I also love the difference in speech between Hamish and Simon, one flippant, the other a deadpan snarker. The banter makes their friendship 100% believable. The fact that their both gay is also a nice, understated detail.

I'm hoping to see Simon in his natural habitat (military). He was confident and cool when addressing the mayor. When it comes to Danya he's protective, but still a bit dismissive and clumsy, like he sees him as no more than a child and doesn't know how to act. I vaguely remember you've excited stuff waiting for us, though (like Simon discovering more about Danya and his world view, if I'm not mistaken). Once they get off the road and settle down, those two will probably get out of the awkward phase and solidify their bond. I can't wait, honestly. They sound like such a great team.

Thanks so much for the effort you undoubtedly put in these re-writes. It's showing both in style as well as content and I'm really excited about what's to come. (Also really sweet action scene with the buildup of Danya slitting his wrist, the approach of the vamp, etc. Great stuff!) This is gonna be magical.
chibikodo chapter 5 . 1/12
From what I recall of the first version, Danya is drawn to Simon partially because he is a mage and gets stronger from their bond.. but Simon is a decent (although misguided) guy. It makes me want to smack him upside the head because whatever Danya feels about Simon, Simon thinks it's all some twisted slavery enduced thing. Is he going to be a dunce for a good while longer?
fishnamedjim chapter 5 . 1/11
I am so happy to see such a quick update! I can't wait to see more of this!
kdayan chapter 4 . 1/4
Can't wait to see how their relationship develops! I also like that you're slowly revealing to us the type of world they live in. I initially thought this was set in some fictional ancient past and finding out it was actually the future was a nice surprise!
Guest chapter 4 . 12/30/2017
forgot how much i loved this story till I got the email for the update. Can't wait for more!
Ford123 chapter 4 . 12/26/2017
Thanks for the chapter !
I love the rewrite. The writing feels more mature.
I can't wait to see what else in the magic system changed.
Keep up the good work, from a faithful reader who enjoys your story very much.
136 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »