Reviews for Rough and Tumble
Rita Komeddi chapter 89 . 6/6/2014
((Hi there. :3))

I have to admit, I shared tarynham's concerns about the word count, but once I discovered that you were, in fact, actually making it a goal to write exactly 100-word chapters, I was happily surprised. I really admire your dedication to this story and to your goal! While it does make for very abrupt scenes and sometimes even a jarring read, it's an interesting enough idea, and you're handling it fairly well.

I think I'm a bit disappointed with where this is going, though. After reading the summary, I assumed that this story would be about Ethan and Zeke actually interacting; sort of like putting Ethan in to the role of "imaginary friend." But, after reading the first twenty-six chapters or so, it was obvious to me that this was not going to happen. It would also have been quite illogical, seeing as everyone human in the story has a guardian angel that they are completely oblivious to.

Other than the occasional mention of the impending danger that slinks about the Pomeroy orchards, there isn't enough excitement in this story for me; it's too mundane for my tastes. Don't get me wrong, it's a great story and I understand why you can't just go around making supernatural creatures lunge out of the house's outlets, but it's simply not my cup of tea.

Mostly what drags me away from the story is the fact that every character seems to be based off of the same template. All the angels of similar qualities; yes there may be some differences—especially in the characters Yannis, Garrick, Raz, and maybe Ethan—but the differences are still only small. Human and angel alike, they're altogether too kind and happy, and I think that makes the story too sweet for my tastes.

Sorry if that offended you in anyway—this is all just my opinion. You have an excellent writing style, however, and your dedication to your work is highly admirable. There are many people out there—quite unlike me, actually—who love happy family stories like this, so I'd definitely recommend this story to people who need a little sweet and short piece to brighten up a bit.

So keep on writing your story: You've written so much for it already, I think it would be a shame if you didn't continue to write it until it's complete.

Good luck with Rough and Tumble!
tarynham chapter 71 . 4/30/2014
This is so good so far. I was a bit worried at the start cause of the format (only approx 100 words per chapter) but it's really good. The plot just unfolds and you get a lot of info about the characters which I didn't think would happen. Love it can't wait to see where uou take the rest of the story :)
Leah Johnson chapter 7 . 4/29/2014
The story is great, and I'm loving the format!