Reviews for The Invocation (Tante's Mythology)
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
Very clever plot line! I must say I did really enjoy the use of mythology in modern times; it was very Percy Jackson of you! Very smooth writing style without any typos that I could see. Nice work!
augie.toaste chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
So many laugh aloud moments in this story! When I read the first line, I thought 'Yes! Another Persephone story!'. Then I realized that I hadn't thought it, rather, I had shouted it out the window and my elderly neighbours now think I'm some sort of delinquent (if they don't already). Thanks Liz!

The modernization was very tasty, and the tension between the characters was awesome. I love it when a story has a hopeful ending! So many awesome bits, but I'm most fond of the last line - a god is praying to another god, and it's completely called for.
JustJazzyD chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
I did a lot of wait... whaaat? as I was reading until I got it. And when I got it, I was like Hermes and Persephone! I so didn't see that coming. I love Greek mythology and I love how you infused the different deities from several different cultures. Did you do a lot of research for this one or are you just a wealth of knowledge about this sort of thing. I did laugh outright in the 2nd paragraph when you mention Hephaestian Motors. Putting these gods/goddesses in modern times and redefining their roles was pure genius. Clever as always Liz.
MileyRowling chapter 1 . 1/21/2014