Reviews for A Basic Guide to Writing Fiction
Lynn K. Hollander chapter 6 . 2/18
Here:
"I don't mind him much," she said coming her hair...
slothqueen851 chapter 6 . 2/15
I happened to once overuse the 'emotions' part. I was always afraid that my story is too bland.
But I think less is more. Sometimes you DO need to use "said" and "told"
RiegneU chapter 5 . 2/14
This is great, Carlee! You are wise beyond your years in the art of story crafting! You've gone over a bunch of pitfalls authors seem to accidently fall into sometimes, and occasionally, we just need another person to remind us of this. I'm following and favoriting this. Thanks, and I'll be waiting for your next update!
SymphonyCat chapter 5 . 2/10
Very helpful and inserational! I agree with everything said in this guide and applaud you for making it so though, yet acessable. Please continue to write this wonderful guide.
Nemo Oblivion chapter 2 . 2/2
That writing can start from any point*-I type really fast and forget to check my writing at times I apologize for that.

-Nemo Oblivion
Nemo Oblivion chapter 1 . 2/2
This is really helpful and will be personally useful to me since I like writing. I know I am one of those people that does not like to fix mistakes because to do so is tedious like you say. Although my major weakness is grammar and sentence structure as my own feedback has said. On your guide, this is very deep and I don't think it is "basic" as your title claims rather it is more of a "constructive" guide since as I see it as being more complex than you actually give yourself and this guide credit for. I will say that you are very constructive just by the tone on your writing and you take it very seriously which is a great thing.

On this guide I will critique one thing in the introduction you say that story-writing begins with the opening that is not absolutely true. A story's true beginning may begin in the middle of the story itself or even at the end it just depends on how the story comes to the writer. Writing in its true form is spontaneous and it depends on the abilities of the writer. Some may naturally start stories at the beginning (you may be one of them) and others may start at an archaic point and then reorganize it later on in time. My only suggestion is adding in the point that writing can start from any rather than saying that every writer has to start from the beginning. For me and from my experiences writing can come from any and every point it just depends on the writer and how she/he conducts writing sessions.

The Bio template will come in handy for me and that is very useful for characterization and it is extremely detailed for a character template and I have seen a few around.

You are a talented writer and that is greatly evident in this guide.

I hope you will take my advice If not then please as least continue on this guide and see it to completion I need it!

P.S. I have absolutely published nothing on this site and I have been here for three months and this guide might give me what I need to publish stories on here and I call myself a writer how shameful of me!

-Nemo Oblivion
Elf from Downunder chapter 4 . 1/31
Thank you so much for writing such a helpful guide! I'll keep a look-out for the next chapter. :)
slothqueen851 chapter 1 . 1/24
This is actually quite helpful lol XD interestingly, I felt like i was reading on EHow website :3