Reviews for Maybe Too Late
amama123 chapter 3 . 4/23/2014
I feel like you were right to leave it here. I dunno I just think that another chapter would have felt forced or something...
I am in love with all of your stories though just saying
leavemeialone chapter 3 . 4/13/2014
This story is not the way I would have wanted it to end, but you wrote it so well. This story seems more realistically. Sometimes it happens like this. I feel it is important to have stories like this. But I do miss the cliche happy endings too.
DragonOwl chapter 3 . 4/10/2014
I liked the ending! Sometimes it is refreshing not having the 'normal' ending to a romance.
Sally chapter 3 . 2/26/2014
I'm so so glad it wasn't another 'good looking shy gal, popular guy get together for ever' but more realistic and a good 'what-if' story that ended right where it should! I'm read many stories but the ones I remember are ones with good, not-cliché happy plot. Good attempt.
sami1995 chapter 3 . 2/17/2014
The conclusion was absolutely amazing. Though it was a few paragraphs, you clearly showed how well the characters matured after the year gaps. It felt real; the ending was poignant but it made sense. Life sometimes creates too many illusions and it's easy to get lost and think it's meant to be. But not all love stories need an ending or a curtain call; it just deserves to be felt, even temporarily or too late. Thanks for the story and the message :)
Le Meerkat chapter 3 . 2/17/2014
Nice sweet little story. It's nice that although the relationship failed, it was nonetheless a happy ending... kinda...
I think in my heart, the two probably never get together (sadly) but that cliche-est in me is thinking that either their children or grandchildren succeed in joining the two families hehehe

Love your work, looking forward to the next one, and anticipating a novel :P
Dgh chapter 2 . 2/13/2014
Nice :)
HollyRose2043 chapter 2 . 2/11/2014
YES thank you for updating quickly! It's the _worst_ feeling to fall in love with a fic and then watch hopefully as a few weeks without a new chapter turns into a few months...and then into years.
At first I was a little unsure about how quickly you skipped through time, but after a few scenes I got used to it and enjoyed the quick pace.
sami1995 chapter 2 . 2/11/2014
really, really enjoyed the skype conversations between the two. It delineated the personalities extremely well. can't wait for more :D update soooon! everything was very well done :D
bookwurm247 chapter 2 . 2/11/2014
Why are they hesitating? They both obviously like each other!
BelleS212 chapter 2 . 2/11/2014
I haven't figured out why Iola was like that. I thought maybe she was dating Craig or something like that. But then, she is trying to get Kara with Dietrich. I don't get why some people were "mean" to Kara, guess we'll see in following chapters :)
HollyRose2043 chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
This is really interesting, and it wraps up so well it could be a stand-alone oneshot BUT PLEASE DON'T DO THAT I can only take so many ambiguous/cliffhanger endings on stories that I'm emotionally invested in. (*insert bad pun about buying all your company's stocks and/or a longterm mortgage*)
And I do hope that you feel better after writing this; it's sort of like free therapy as an art form, I guess, bringing everything to a head in a way that makes it captivating (whether it be beautiful or grotesque).
PC chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
Very interesting premise. Will keep an eye out for this! :D
DuchessYappingDog chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
I wonder who really the story is centered around. Right now it sounds like Kara and Dietrich but then they'd have to be friends for 3 years. And I wonder whose point of view the story summary is in. I guess I'm glad this will be a short novella... Less stress and suspense? Ahhaha I'm looking forward to the coming chapters!
loveofallthatisawesome chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
This was nice. I really liked the quote at the top and I'm even more interested in your story because of it. Dietrich is also nice, but there's something off-putting to me about a guy who only looks at a girl's body to judge them. Other than that, I hope he gets with Kara.

Regarding Kara, I understand friendships are important, but you don't have to lie either. If he was truly interested in Iola then he would have been the one asking questions, too, so I can't really understand how he was sending mixed signals. Hopefully these things are just typical teenage mentality and the two main characters will mature a little in the upcoming chapters.

I do really like the concept of the story and I can't wait to read more :D
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »