Reviews for A Guide To
Lynn K. Hollander chapter 6 . 3/11
I love the idea of ley noodles.
Elf from Downunder chapter 5 . 2/23
Like I may have already said, I'm really enjoying this guide!
This entry really got me thinking, about portraying mental illness and how much it may or may not affect the character - that, and I'm rather amused (as always, ;) at how you write this!
' ... in which case you'd probably want to duck behind your chair before a flying object hits you in the face.' Bwaha! Loved that!
TanteLiz chapter 5 . 2/20
Well done! Thank you for addressing context and function. I like the Unreliable Narrator concept in this, too. That might be the best concrete suggestion for a way to write about mental illness - it gives permission for the writer to do without constant explanation and justification.
(Small correction - last line, first section, left out the 'to'.)
crywolf-girl23 chapter 4 . 2/12
Honestly Augie, you sure know how to keep people interested (Yucky chest hair... eew).
Anyway, critique wise it's a short, informative and well written guide. It shares some quick notes to get things sailing, in a very catchy and entertaining way. My only concern is why it isn't longer or doesn't have more options. Maybe you could add more points in the future ;)?

P.S. Definitely following!
Elf from Downunder chapter 4 . 2/12
Thanks for the suggestions in this chapter! :D They're great!
SuitedManatee chapter 1 . 2/9
How do you know so much about my life? :O
Also, best. Analogies. Ever. :D
It's really enjoyable to read these helpful tips in entertaining bite sized chunks. Good to see you passing your knowledge onto others, O wise and powerful Toaste.
TanteLiz chapter 3 . 2/6
Augs, I have a confession to make:
When I read the first two chapters, I shook my head and sighed - 'Augie's procrastinating again.' This morning I sat down and saw the 3rd chapter posted, but did not hurry to read. 'Eh,' I thought, 'Let's check the Washington Post first, and Delancey Place, and maybe even Facebook...'
But then I came back to it. Dude, you're brilliant - this is therapy for writers! With every other book out there that purports to be a guide to writing the next big thang, no one is addressing the inner process. It's all about constructing the narrative, of writing yourself into being a writer.
I am so excited about this - please, please keep going in this direction.
- Liz
Elf from Downunder chapter 3 . 2/6
Interesting. I quite enjoy reading your guide. ;) It makes a lot of sense, and makes me think whilst I read along with all the suitable and creative metaphors you've slipped in there. :)