Reviews for The Test
Harmony'sLoveHP chapter 2 . 3/7/2014
Lovely chapter. I can't wait for an update and to read more.
Harmony'sLoveHP chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
Good start. Something that could help it become better is a few more details and a longer chapter, but I like it :)
NKSCF chapter 2 . 2/25/2014
This continues to get more interesting. It seems like my guess was right and the test was a means to see if people would be willing to risk themselves by showing their intelligence, even if they could die. As we've yet to really get a sense of the world, I don't really know if this is good or bad. I know this has only gone on for two chapters, but I would like to hear Larissa or someone talk a little about life wherever they live. However, it's unlikely they will now, seeing as they have bigger concerns to worry about and forcing that into the narrative might hinder your story.

The van scene between Larissa and Sam was well done. It helped show that neither character had a clue what was going on and that they really didn't trust anyone then. However it does seem that Colby seems to know more than the others, as evidenced by his last words to Larissa. A powerful character moment for only two words.
NKSCF chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
I was pleasantly surprised by this chapter. It managed to get through the necessary exposition almost seamlessly. I originally questioned the idea behind the government having a test designed to mark people for being too intelligent, as I was unsure where you were going with this. If it was to cull intelligent people and kill them, then it didn't seem like a good idea to say that this was what they were looking for, unless this was a hidden test of character-which I guess it is-designed for people to show their intelligence despite the possible cost. If so, then that makes for a much more interesting story. I will wait and see what you have in store.

As for characterization, I liked the interactions between Larissa and her mother. The scene in their home was a nice touch. It helped show her apprehension about the test, while at the same time giving enough of a moment to show us that we have yet to see everything her character has for us.

This seems promising, I will happily continue reading.
SustineoAlas chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
very good! i know who she is, a basic understanding of the dystopia, and her age and looks. just a hint- maybe take out the "if you are too intelligent" thing. i don't think a government would outright say that. maybe the government would say that, if you pass, you have a mental illness and pose a risk to everyone and need to get treatment, or that you're so smart you need to go to a special school, and the kids just spread rumors about "no one knows where they go!" and i LOVE the ending. "nothing to do but wait." perfection.