Reviews for Words From My Heart
LorrahBear chapter 1 . 8/18
Very nice. Love can be beautiful and painful.
Caecus Discord chapter 9 . 8/2
How interesting.
You really did a good job. I love all of them.
LunaNotLoony chapter 26 . 8/1
Oh yeah, these are great!

I love "paints" in a "a blade paints my skin" because it really connects the stabbing/cutting to art which is rather chilling, and also is so vividly showing the change in colour on the skin, really emphasising the effect of the process in away... It starts out with this really artistic "painting" and "precision and cuts" and "sailing" and "strokes", as in paintbrush strokes, then in my mind, I see the blood, really showing the effects of this process. Also, because all three lines describe the process of the cutting while avoiding describing the effects directly, it's connected to an outside view of the event. I imagine the narrator is the person with the knife, attacking someone else, and so the last line is even more powerful because it makes you realise they're cutting themselves, very chilling. The artistic connotations and the lack of effect description- we know them though- really works because we see that they aren't thinking of effects, the artistic connotations makes it seems not frivolously exactly but spur of the moment, just doing something to cope and that makes it sad too, as well as scary. The mix of art and cutting is very powerful.

Sorry for my rambling. I always like to see how people interpret my stuff as a writer and I guess I'm part of the machine of English classes overanalysing because I now enjoy pulling writing apart, particularly concise, every word has stuff underneath it things like haikus. But yeah, I love that haiku!

I also love the second haiku, in a different way. It isn't chilling, but it's very poignant, amazing considering how short it is. "Slashing through the wind" is beautiful- the whole thing is... I find this harder to say anything about, but I really like it. I think it's about- oh I hate it when people say my poems are about this or that- connection with the self and maybe nature. I can't decide whether they're disconnected from the nature or connected to it, sure, they're surrounded by it- the boat a symbol of man-made stuff and the start of empires and control (pirates too)- is lonely, but they're in the boat, they're slashing through the wind, the night is fearsome (?), scary, wrong, and the boat takes people to new places, places where they are out of context, not part of their surroundings. Most of all the boat symbolises travel right? and because it's a "lonely boat" it's an alone travel, or personal growth- connecting with self. I am sure I got this haiku wrong, but those were my one interpretation, and I liked it a lot. They worked well side by side, the second possibly as a what could have been, as well as nicely demonstrating the different ways to take that first line. My favourite was probably the second, partially because I feel like I understand it less, and the images are really beautiful and poignant.

Yeah, good job, will check out your oneshot now.
French The Llama chapter 25 . 3/21
Love your haikus, they're beautiful and thoughtful. Not a big fan of structure but... yeah, these are amazing.
OK, I have prompts:
1) I'm going to die in hospital
2) Sailing, slashing through ...
3) A haiku based round my story lower case person (see my profile)!
Choose ones you want!
J.L.Rodriguez chapter 24 . 2/9
Now that's how you get into the Valentine's day spirit! Very cute, Chie. So happy to hear/read from you again, my friend. :) "I love this!"
imperfectlyokay chapter 21 . 12/7/2014
YESSSSSSSS this is so pretty and sweet, this is everything to me.
imperfectlyokay chapter 19 . 12/7/2014
Omg this seems almost Harry Potter inspired :))
imperfectlyokay chapter 23 . 12/7/2014
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL, thank you so much! :**** I'm gonna put it at the start of the next chapter if you don't mind? Ohmygod this is amazing. Wow. No one's ever done anything like this for me before!

I'm gonna go read the rest of your haikus now!
Alice Wrote This chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
AnonymousHeartOfPoems34 chapter 3 . 6/2/2014
Request: This has to go with the meaning of my name, Passion. I know that Passion is a fruit, flower, and a feeling. I am no good at doing haiku's due to the fact I find it hard to write a small poem like that.
Passion any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate.
strong amorous feeling or desire; love; ardor.

an instance or experience of strong love
a person toward whom one feels strong love
Passion Flower Something that has to do with Jesus (This one I don't know as well because I hate to look it up)
Passion Fruit I honestly don't know this one at all.
I love your poems. I'm just no good at a haiku
ragdollsparrow chapter 22 . 4/26/2014
Thank you very much for this! This haiku is amazing as well! 3 It's like I'm seeing my characters come to life with just these words.
glassdoll chapter 2 . 4/14/2014
glassdoll chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
Storm Cycle chapter 19 . 4/7/2014
jellyfish, beautiful but deadly.
J.L.Rodriguez chapter 19 . 4/7/2014
I don't really have any conventional fears but, after giving it some thought, I'd have to say I fear letting people down the most. Of being found unworthy. Of being a failure.

That is my greatest fear, that after trying my hardest, after trying to be the best person I can be, it's still not enough. It's still not up to par and I'm rejected for it.

Well anyways, it's not weird to fear falling in love, but you shouldn't see it that way! Love is a good thing, all that bad that weighs it down, the insecurities, the jealousies, and so on, are what makes it so scary. People warp it and turn it into something ugly, when in fact it's very beautiful. Now I'm rambling.

Good haiku, Chie! As always.
33 | Page 1 .. Last Next »