Reviews for Irish Coffee
KarasunoFan chapter 10 . 9/22/2015
Oh so sad. I was hoping for a HEA
Jasmine chapter 10 . 5/30/2014
AHHHHHHH! Please please please start slantè! I'm so excited for it!
kiki19857 chapter 10 . 5/30/2014
Arr! I read this story way too late. I first discovered "Money or your Life" and now decided to read your other books and was reading this next. I only just found out about "Say yes to dress" and was disappointed to miss the free give-out that was few weeks ago. Oh well. This story, "Irish Coffee" was very good.
pinkie509 chapter 2 . 5/8/2014
Another great chapter and you are doing an excellent job at building up the relationship between Robert and Susan. However, just Terra's and the misspellings and grammar errors will be caught.
pinkie509 chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Just started reading but it is great so far. I might be finished tonight but I will review on all the chapters. I like to give advice. Just tell me to be quiet if I get on your nerves. The one piece of advice I can give is to go back after writing a chapter and rereading it out loud. Just doing that solves about 89-92% of grammar errors.
TheClosetWriter16 chapter 10 . 5/3/2014
At least I was prepared for that ending. I did love the chapter-as always. Even if it was sad...
I can't wait to read your other stories :)
TheClosetWriter16 chapter 9 . 4/30/2014
Loved it so much! I'm excited for the next part...although I'm almost sure it'll depress me. Is he going to leave her to be with his father? Will they break up? But surely they'll reunite... and hopefully stay together for good haha.
Update soon! :)
Abbey chapter 6 . 4/27/2014
I didn't think he was dyslexic. No wonder he was super intimidated by her intelligence.
Abbey chapter 6 . 4/27/2014
Robert is so much sweeter than I expected. I'm pleasantly surprised. And Susan was just amazing here. They're perfect for each other!
Abbey chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
So I JUST noticed your a/n about the POV change markers. Even though they'd make it easier to follow along, the story is still great without them.
Abbey chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
What captured my attention from the summary was the time setting, strangely enough. I'm a 90s kid, and I do miss the 90s.

This was a great chapter and made me want to read more of Robert and Susan. I'm loving them already. I just noticed a couple of minor typos, such as "These wine bottles have been is the light..." And I'd add a line divider between the changing POVs.
Beverly chapter 8 . 4/20/2014
Awww that was just about the cutest thing ever (: I love this chapter! I need more! :D
Marvelle Petit chapter 2 . 4/18/2014
This is a nice chapter too! I giggled when they crashed on top of each other. Ah, so simple, a little cliche and contrived, but damn if it doesn't get me every time! :)

You're still telling way more than showing. I still want setting details of the shop, especially since most of the plot takes place in it. Everything else I said about the first chapter (re: grammar, editing) still apply.
Marvelle Petit chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
I really liked your first chapter! Susan and Robert are great characters and have defined personalities and motives from the start, which is always great to see in a romance novel. (Are their names a reference to RDJ and wife Susan? I totally read Robert's lines in RDJ's voice despite knowing he's Irish, ahaha!) I totally get a 90s movie feel from this, and since that's what I grew up on, I love it. Hahaha

There are some things that make it hard to read, namely, not showing when you change POV in a scene (like the line break FP provides, or something like stars to dictate we changed POV) and not italicizing thoughts. There's some grammar mistakes in here as well. I would recommend going through and giving it a good edit.

You engage in deep POV a lot, which I enjoy, but there are a lot of parts that need a direct italicized thought. There's a lot of telling more so than showing right now as well, but it is also the first chapter, and I can accept some telling to get the setting situated. But in later chapters, if you're still doing it, I'm going to mention it. :)

I'd like to see some setting details about the coffee shop. The espresso machine in disrepair gives a hint of this, but I want to know what the decor is, how big it is, is it old and run down, too? Things like that.
TheClosetWriter16 chapter 6 . 4/5/2014
No problem! I absolutely loved this chapter too :) The characters are just so well written... imperfections and all. Makes them more real. I hope he gets over his shyness with her!
Update soon! :D