Reviews for transient
DemigodessOfEternity chapter 1 . 4/9/2017
Lovely. I'm not sure what this made me feel/ but trust me, only the best does that. ;)
carlalegre chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
There are so many possible interpretations for this piece.

This is why I love your writing, Lina. Not just because it's honest and raw but because you don't supply a solid background on your characters. You let US come up with their story while you provide the words and the emotions. It's beautiful.

I really liked the POV change in this one. And that last line wraps up the entire piece perfectly. it has almost a soothing tone to it but there's so much desperation in wanting someone to stay. But you have no control. You can't stop them. As hard as you try, no matter what you do, they'll still slip away out of your grasp.

My grandfather and I had a deep discussion and we both came to this understanding: "Time slips by us like the wind beneath our hands; you can feel it but you could never grasp it."

That's what your poem reminded me of. There is this tug-and-pull between your characters and nobody is going to give. So, forcibly, neither wins.

GREAT JOB. I love it!
MethodlessMadness chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
Oh...I like it. Like the other reviewer (whose username I approve) I'm not quite sure what happened at the end, but I guess that could just be left open for reader interpretation. Yeah, that's what I like about freeverse. It can go different ways.
This was a beautiful piece.
Fakety Mcfakename chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
runs hand through hair.
Well, the imagery at the beginning of this really set the tone. Which was throbbingly painful. you someone managed to grap the reader within the first few sentences. The trailing sentences create suspense, which is only amplified by the desperation of the second character. I didn't understand the ending, only understood the feelings behind it. which was loss. to me, at least.