Reviews for To The Moon
Ckh chapter 1 . 12/28/2015
Roadhouse Review:
The poem gives off a rather light-hearted and vibrant tone, and its wording is reminiscent of the game "to the moon", which I assume you taken inspiration from. As for the poetry itself, I see hints of rhyme scheme here and there, with the Nightingale's lullaby being an emphasised metaphor for temptation and such. If I were to give any advice, it would be that you could certainly using personification for the stars (maybe) to give of a more poetic vibe. Overall, decent piece of poetry you have there. Best of luck!
Joe Takezo chapter 1 . 12/28/2015
I envy people who can write poems, especially something as beautiful as this. This had everything you really need in a poem, which is an endearing message. You had me hooked when you write anything about space. Space can be filled with action and horror, but also graced with empathy and love. I really like how the speaker expresses the love he/she has for this individual. Spending the days with them by sitting idling by, and basically following this person through the vastness of space. Good shit.
Jitterbug Blues chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Hello from the Roadhouse! I read this a few times before typing up a review, and what I find really refreshing is that I get something different after each pass. This piece at once evokes emotions of (aside from the obvious, of course), hope, longing, determination, and much more. I like the repetition as well, with the 'nightingale's lullabies' and 'this much is true' giving it a more lyrical aspect. Very nice!
CapriChica chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Awww, how sweet! I really live this poem, because of the simple and sincere tone. I couldn't feel a meter, exactly, but perhaps that's just my lack of experience with peotry :P if the rest of your stuff is this good, I'd love to check it out :) I'm from the roadhouse, in case you couldn't tell.

Favorite line: [and that person is you] reminds me of the song that goes " and the reason is you"

Great poem!
Vamp712 chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
Wow, thats amazing. I'm usually not a person who reads poetry but I read this and its just wow. I can't find anything that you need to improve on. Its great how it is. Whoever you wrote this for must be very happy. You're an amazing writer.
Kicks-and-Giggles chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
Hello from the Roadhouse!

I don't review poetry very often, so I can't comment on the poetry-specific technique you used for this piece, but I can say that I LOVED the imagery! I think my favorite part was: "I'll sit here, in the curve of the crescent moon watching the stars fall with you." There's such a simplistic, heart-warming nature to this poem, too! I typically find poetry to be heavy with lots of complicated imagery and convoluted sentences, but this was so easy to understand and - because of its simplicity - so elegant! Nice job!
Siroc chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
I thought this was so cute. I'm not much of an expert on poetry so I can't analyze it very well, but to me it seemed like a love song or a lullaby. So sweet. The only thing I found confusing was that your summary and your opening lines don't match, since the use of past and 'round are reversed between the two. But this was very enjoyable.
carlalegre chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
This was very sweet. It felt different from your other pieces, maybe because of the formatting? I'm not sure. But it was very soothing to read this. I loved the lines, "'Round Polaris and Andromeda,/ Past Jupiter and Mars." It invoked a sense of adventure as well as a lot of heartfelt emotion. Though just hypothetical words, it proved that the narrator would do anything for the person they love. This poem flowed very smoothly and the pacing was just right. I'm not sure if you followed a specific format but you made great choices where you decided to cut off your sentences.

Good job.
luvu2 chapter 1 . 3/12/2014
Very sweet love poem and I like the idea of loving someone so much that u would follow them to the moon!
Loved it!