Reviews for Daily Incoherent Ramblings
ChasingTheClouds chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
Did you get this idea from The Fault In Our Stars? Because Hazel makes the exact same point XD
waifwraithwolf chapter 22 . 5/23/2014
I read the first four books of that series and liked them, but got annoyed in the fourth book because Halt kept raising his eyebrows too much. I know, dumb, but after a while I felt like he was raising his eyebrows after everything he said. Maybe I'll continue with the series, though. I didn't know it had romance. Thanks! :)
Perfunctoriness chapter 20 . 5/17/2014
I think you have a REALLY great idea here with Machina. The brainstorming you've done seems like you're taking this very seriously, I hope you go through with it, I'd read it. As for the questions, or dilemmas you have, I think first there should be a love story. It's hard to find a comic book or super hero movie without one, it sort of helps the storyline run and gives the heroes a main purpose sometimes to keep fighting the good fight. I also think you should go the unorthodox, maybe controversial route, and have a gay (although I guess lesbian in your case) relationship. Not many comics or super hero movies are doing that (if at all). And if and when you do that, try to really make it great so as to break the barriers and make a storyline so good that people who may not agree with the relationship will not have much to say (because the characters and story would be THAT good). I think she should kill, but not when she can help it. Like us, I'm assuming even if she becomes half cyborg or whatnot, she will still have human feelings and be prone to vigilantism, and sometimes that may get in the way (i.e. she kills someone out of frustration). But again try not to make her kill if she can help it, though sometimes she may snap. Whether or not they should die that's up to you, keep us guessing. Figure out the rest, surprise us. My two cents.
Matsuko-Chan chapter 14 . 5/4/2014
I love these! I found your rant on school particularly compelling. In fact, it has inspired me to start forming an idea for a school that can teach, grade, and help students much better than regular schools can. (I've been doing some research on extremely successful schools and I'm compiling it into an essay to present to my school.) About chapter 13, I think that story idea is wonderful! Although I think it might work better as a fanfiction. Please write more rants, they make my day!
Lara Madeline Night chapter 19 . 5/6/2014
(somehow commenting on each and every rant makes me feel like I'm annoying xD )
I agree with you about abstract "art". That because it wasn't once when my work was put aside because of someone who decided to splash some paint on a piece of paper and to call it art.
I tried a few styles of drawing and painting over time, and that was realism, anime and manga, and a few others, but in the end I somehow created my own style, which I'm perfecting. I can spend up to 10 hours on a painting (or more, depending on the painting and the details) and it is pretty frustrating when someone spends 2 minutes literally throwing colors around and everyone is so impressed because "it represents so many emotions".
So yeah, I've been there, and I agree with you.
Lara Madeline Night chapter 18 . 5/5/2014
Okay well umm...yeah. I don't know how to start.
It's nice to see you're posting again, I really missed coming home and finding a new update on this topic.
I know how you feel, since..well I'm technickle the same way, there is only 1 person who cares enough about me to notice if something is wrong, that being my sister. And not even my real sister, since I have no siblings, she's just a really close online friend, who I never even met so far. But my point is, you can't find true friends everywhere, but they do show up at the most craziest times, and they stay with you forever. Rest of the people are not true friends...
Lara Night chapter 14 . 4/5/2014
I didn't got the chance to comment on the previous chapter, as school constantly seems to find a way to get in my way. So here it is.

13: I say its a great idea, and now after I read the new chapter, I can say that if you wrote that idea into a book and published it, I would certanely buy it. And I'm pretty sure it's not just me who would do that. If you decide to publish it here, I'm looking forward to read.

14: I agree with you, because something similar happened to me (even if it wasn't poetry). We had to write a short story about a subject that our teacher gave us, and I happened to get the chance to write a comedy. After a week, when we had to turn the oneshots in, the teacher read mine, smiled and even laughed a little, and said it was "nice".
Then there was this girl in my class, who had to write drama, and she came up with a story inspired from reality where the boyfriend was cheating on the main Mary Sue, and she talked to him and left him in an over dramatic scene that would never happen in reality. The teacher automatickly said that it was the best assignment in the whole class, before even looking at the rest of the assignments.

So I know it hurts. But don't let that bring you down, that's how teachers are. And that's...well how most people are. Poetry is a beautiful thing, and I agree that the whole death/heartbrake/sadness theme is overused (I'm being quite a hypocrite, since most of my poems are actually inspired from exactly the same themes...).

So yeah...sometimes I feel I need to make this kind of comments shorter...
Lara Madeline Night chapter 12 . 4/3/2014
Okay, I'm really happy you're continuing this
I'm glad you decided to rant about yourself, cause that way I found out you like my favourite band too (Skillet) xD and video games. If you want a good challenge, you should play Tomb Raider, it's by far my favourite series of games.
(And it's not odd that you use parantheses a lot, I do it too).
(I would verify the dates, but timelines confuse me...)
Lara Madeline Night chapter 10 . 3/27/2014
Very good idea you have here
I would personally love to hear more of your rambles, so go ahead and post.
Lara Madeline Night chapter 7 . 3/24/2014
How come I only stumbled upon this topic today?
Well, to start off with the questions:
Monday: My favourite genre happens to be Christian too, thanks to my favourite band Skillet. Though I do enjoy music from the 80's too, also Nightcore and a few "modern" to call them that way singers (I listen to pretty old music usually.)

Tuesday: I'm a writer, and also artist (or at least I like to think of myself as one), and feedback is always important. Frankly, I have the same problem as you, no one gives me feedback. This week I was actually pretty inspired, and instead of 1, I turned in about 5 drawings in my Art class. All the teacher told me was 'nice' and that left me confused.
With writing is the same, I pretty much get no feedback, excepting a few friends that are familiar with my stories. Before I used to have motivation, but months and months of no feedback made me lose that motivation, and now I only write when I feel like it.
I try to give feedback as often as I can, even though sometimes I'm in a hurry and I can only leave a short comment (obviously it doesn't applies here, since this is turning into my own rant, even though I should be learning for my biology test tomorrow...).

Wednesday: I personally was not offended. I actually think you're right, because when a white person says something about black people it's immediately called racism, but when the reverse happens, no one cares.

Friday: I'll start with the fact that I'm in Highschool, and if my teachers would use video games (gamer here) to teach me things, I would love to go to school. Classes would be easier, more entertaining, and I wouldn't have to start drawing on the back of my notebooks just to keep my eyes from closing. I don't know if I will ever end up as a teacher (hopefully not, cause if my students will think of me what I think of some teachers...) but your idea is actually something that students around the world would really appreciate.

I would like to see you ranting on next about Twilight. (I already think you don't have a very good opinion about it), since it's an interesting topic, and I plan on doing the same as soon as I get the time. I saw the movies, and read the books (I had to re-read all Agatha Cristie novels I have and to watch the Vampire Knight anime again just to get sparkly vampires out of my mind.) and honestly, I don't see where the big deal around this series is. I...think I will stop ranting now.
Excuse any spelling mistakes I may have made, but it's already pretty late.
Lele Winchester chapter 5 . 3/21/2014
Hey, I really like your ranting and I think it makes sense and it did make me think "woah" many times and it's really nice to have someone say what they think for once and not just agree stupidly with other people so yh please continue ranting :) btw what do u think of the band Imagine Dragons? ;)