Reviews for The Darkling
JjBugg chapter 9 . 10/3/2014
My god woman, I can't tell you how much I love all the references you make that the elves don't understand. Harry Potter, Star's hilarious!

Also, I'm absolutely LOVING the banter between Aija and Trizryn. It literally makes me laugh out loud. And let me just say, I've shipped the two of them from the start. Even if nothing romantic ever happens between them, you do a very good job with their relationship.

Props to you, and I'm excited to read on!
JjBugg chapter 2 . 10/2/2014
I squealed like a little girl at the Doctor Who reference...just sayin'.
bamideleademola98 chapter 36 . 7/10/2014
This third book goes into intricate twists and turns— from the who the Gray Lady is to what Trizryn's origins is or might be (a stunning shocker that he is a golem). However best of all, I was so glad the summoning gem was finally gone. I feel for Trizryn. I can almost feel his freedom ...

For now.

Though humor-wise, I've gotta say one of my most favorites was this chapter, especially this scene between Shei and Trizryn afterwards that crisp dragon fight scene:

... "Although the thought did cross my mind a few times
concerning your sister and mother."

The thief made a face of gross distaste. "My mother ?"

"Childhood crush. Didn't I ever tell you?"

"No, thank the gods."

Had me laughing with tears :P

Anyways, since the fourth book is yet to be 'displayed' for 'public consumption', I encourage you onwards with good luck and zero writer's block.

But to heck with that ...

Melodydaggerhart, write on!
Zee chapter 36 . 7/8/2014
I need more of this book man!
I love it so much, feeling like I wanna get a jumper with Triz written on the back :P

But seriously

I probably would!
PineElk chapter 36 . 7/9/2014
This is a great series, I'm really glad I came across it. I thought the pace of the story was a bit slow in the first book (that might be expected since it was the beginning), but it has really improved since then. Looking forward to the next installment!
Guest chapter 36 . 7/3/2014
This is engaging, high-quality fiction. I have found myself quite engrossed in your books. Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 36 . 7/3/2014
Loved this book! I'm sad that it's over and that it'll take a while to get to read the next one, but good things take time. Your writing is fantastic - not too much detail, not too little - and I enjoy all of the conversation, especially the banter between Triz and anyone else. I liked that you brought out some other aspects of his character in this book - his formal/political skills, him being more relaxed with Aija, etc. I'm also really glad that Aija is an active participant here - like she said, warrior and then technomancer. Such a nice change; I'm glad that she is not only a girl, but is also a human among far more powerful creatures, and yet she can and does hold her own. Also, having other powerful female roles: Ienthe, Chizrae, etc.
Can't wait for the next book! Happy writing :)
silly1 chapter 36 . 7/3/2014
Excellent story! I enjoyed this one, and am looking forward to the next in the series. I'm intrigued by the relationship of Trizryn's past self (or memories at least) and Aija's grandmother, and how all this started. Great job!
Guest chapter 33 . 6/29/2014
Oh my god. He's not a half-light elf, he's a full blooded dark elf. He's an elf, not a dragon. He's a vampire, not an elf. He's a golem, not an elf. He's his namesake's soul bound in magic. Aija has seen the glass spider thing before. So many twists! I'm reeling. Absolutely love this series, and your characters. The dynamics, the emotions, the plot, everything. Cannot wait to see where you take us next!
silly1 chapter 32 . 6/27/2014
This chapter was very powerful.
silly1 chapter 31 . 6/26/2014
Cute-the ending of this chapter. It's getting interesting and now I see how all the other bits of information fit together. I look forward to the updates.
Elenielwen chapter 28 . 6/18/2014
Omg what a cliffhanger...! And I LOVE IT! :D :D Looking forward to more :D :D This story is like a drug to me, so please keep feeding my addiction *hahha* ;D :D :D Soooo looking forward to reading more! :D :D
Elenielwen chapter 24 . 6/12/2014
Hello! Remember me? I was a devoted follower and reviewer of the first book :D Now I'm back and I've read everything up until so far - and so far I'm amazed! MORE romance (which I missed in the first book) and according to me at least, a bit more interesting. There's something very captivating about Trizryn's vampirism... Plus I absolutely adore that you had Aija mentioning "larping", I had to steady myself on the chair because I was laughing so hard - and it's exactly something I would've said if I was there with Trizryn! :D :D :D And his reaction was also very funny _ And I love the "comedy" parts, and I love the dialogues! So far, I really cannot find anything to criticize..

LOVE the story. I get really happy when there's an update. It kind of keeps me going in a way... That is how addicting this story is _

Looking forward to (oh yes!) more romance :D :D Hope I'll get some more goodies to read, yes? :D :D Hehe _
bamideleademola98 chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
I just stumbled across this third book. And for once, I was shell-shocked at the release this soon.

Initially, I had been expecting the Gray Lady to be, well, grey, old. But this, I say, is an unexpected twist into this dark character. This is sign of more foreboding things to come.

Write on!
silly1 chapter 10 . 5/3/2014
I liked this chapter a lot-I like the banter between them.