Reviews for Divinity - Volume I
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 13 . 6/11/2015
I have to comment on the fact that it seems like the vampires and Galaxians are benevolent towards each other. One minute they are trying to kill each other the next they are talking as if they are old friends. It's actually an interesting and entertaining relationship. It reminds me of Saiyuki. The hydra fight was short but well executed. Still think that Alexander guy is a dick. Fighting must put everyone in a different state of mind. Phoenix seemed particularly evil until after the fight with Maemi. Well seems like they admitted that Cici is the other half. Not much of a reveal though and her reaction was as such. I would think Harry would be furious once he finds out Cici was hurt. On to the next one.
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 12 . 6/11/2015
The flashback was pretty well done. Of course I would have expected more from the fight with Dante but that's no big deal. Also shouldn't there have been witnesses? There is still no answer on what happened to Airlea so I hope to see that resolved soon. Finally someone asked about Cici's past but I figured we'd get nothing out of it. The demonic vampire came out of nowhere. Doesn't seem very personable. Just fodder awaiting extermination perhaps? On to the next one.
Starart152 chapter 3 . 6/11/2015
This was a good and funny chapter were we saw a few more characters appearing among the troop. The relation between Cici and Harry is well put.
You also explained well about the vampire and the different effect compare to the usual one.

The minor detail that isn't perfect in this chapter is some lack of detail of the location when she visited the palace in the third person, except that, it was great.
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 11 . 6/10/2015
I can't help it. If Galaxia doesn't have television how do they know about anime tropes such as tsundere? Lol. Anyway this chapter felt a bit weird following the last. Cici still seems childish and her attitude towards Lianna smoking is definitely pretty juvenile. I just can't picture her as an adult. I'm not entirely clear on what you wanted to accomplish with the introduction of Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu besides showing they are Maemi and Mitsuko's parents. There still seems like a lot of missing information and questions with few and vague answers. I'm expecting the vampires to pop up again soon. On to the next one.
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 10 . 6/10/2015
Lol Cici always with the questions. I would have felt a little more for Cici if we actually had some insight on her life on earth, but you haven't given us anything. This chapter you say she has friends and family that's mourning for her but you never mentioned them before this. It's hard to connect with her feelings because of this. A few flashbacks before this chapter with a name drop or two would have been a better build up to that scene. Other than that, this chapter was really good. Both Cici and Harry seemed to be more honest with their feelings in this chapter. I like that you gave Harry such a normal quirk as being afraid of needles. Seems like more questions form as soon as some are answered. On to the next one.
Clear World chapter 3 . 6/10/2015
The more and more characters introduced, the more and more I fumbled around trying to commit to memory who each of these characters are. Sigh, my poor brain is no good with even more characters popping out.

Otherwise, 'these vampries are not like the ones in your human fairytales'. Man, these vampires must be like world destories because I don't know that many stories about vampries when the vamparies basically aren't like the main big bad of the stories, killing and slaughtering humans left and right. What fairytales are these?

Being able to communicate through the mind, but wants to talk alone in the bedroom. I wonder what limitss there is with this communication through the mind. Pretty sure he can't send images but it jut makes me think.

Cici doesn't seem that fazed that she's in a place trainning soldiers. Maybe it's just my poor sense, but I would suspect that they intend to train her, but maybe not. I could be terribliy wrong. Personally, I think the description could improve, but they are suffice for now. Though... teleporting. I want to know more about this teleporting that was done in chapter 2 and why they haven't massed produced this to the port it is portable. Now that would be an awesome :3

Good chapter. I guess this is the plot I'll cling on and look forward to see why Cici is the special person that has people noticing her. The dialogue fun enough to keep me reading this at a enjoying mood.
Clear World chapter 2 . 6/10/2015
So I guess it would be safe to assume that Galaxian's look very familiar to humans or else Cici's thought about Lianna only appearing to be 20 rasies questions for me. Though, it just raise the question of, how does Galaxian look like. I looked back in chapter 1 and I didn't get much of a description other than, they're bigger. I guess that should imply, they just look human. Maybe.

Another thing about that, I now believe Cici wants to get married herself. For people I assumed she just met today or like maybe a few hours beyond a day, she really had a reaction to the conversation marraiage. Though again, maybe Lianna just looks really that young.

So many new faces, but yet I liked most of them. I could guess Cici is a half human half vampire, but why stop there. She should also be half galaxian, half angle, half demon, and the reicarnated goddess. Yeah...

Lastly, I actually question why you started the fist chapter as third person but this as first person. Was it a creative decision with purpose to make the story more interesting or for something else. Well, I expect I'll get a clearer picture in few chapters down.

The story is progressing with things unfolding and few anwers appearing. With a cheer and smile, entertained through it all, let's see what the next chapter holds.
Clear World chapter 1 . 6/10/2015
Okay, so to begin with. I want to go to Planet Heaven. I hope it is has good as it sounds like because that would be AWESOME! but seriously, I actually chuckled when heaven and hell was commented. It just made my mind go wild with the idea of just wanting to go there. I seriously don't know why I found it funny, but it just me in the right spot and time.

Anyways, onto more actual important details. Good beginning and if I was the right demographic, I would say interesting hook. Obviously I feel lost as the reader is placed in a barzar situation without a lot of explantions why Cici is there, but I'll willing to wait for some answers since this is a first chapter.

And due to how Cici acted in the beginning, I am claiming her to be a ex-sercert agent spy who saved the world 5 times over from over heating, and also is a writer because none of this seems that strange to her. realistically, it could just be that she's used to it so, there's that.
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 9 . 6/10/2015
Not a bad fight scene at all. However, I thought you would have put more emphasis on Cici's magic being destructive. In the fight it just seems like she threw out normal spells that she had complete control over. I expected her to cause an earthquake or flood the room or something. Anything that would make Harry realize what Nobu was saying was true. The whole possession part came out of left field for me. Didn't expect you to go that route at all. But it just brings more mystery into the story. Harry felt a little colder than usual this chapter too. Oh well. On to the next one.
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 8 . 6/10/2015
I forgot to say this before but I don't think Harry would ever intentionally hurt Cici. I can see him slightly overestimating her abilities but not seriously attempting to even straight out beat her. Liked the small fluff been Nobu and Lianna. I hope Harry can learn that Nobu really does care for his sister. I'm looking forward to the fight though. But if Nobu never taught Cici how to use his staff, it will be strange if she wields it like an expert. On to the next one.
Starart152 chapter 2 . 6/10/2015
Another interesting chapter with good character presentation from Cici perspective. I like her actions and reactions to the outside world as she discovered Galaxia.
The presence of the Vampire was surprising since it happened on another world, but it was good.
The twist at the ending is mysterious as Markus didn't seem the type of guy who would do that, but we know little about him from Cici perspective.
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 7 . 6/10/2015
KyokoCornelia crack pairing go! XD. Honestly I think I finally am starting to get into the flow. Reading this chapter felt natural. It was cool to see them experience the mall. The explanation on why Kyoko is so cold makes me want to root for her. And if whoever she is in love with doesn't accept her feelings there is always Cornelia. Lol At this point I think we should be learning more about Cici now. On to the next one.
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 6 . 6/10/2015
These seem more like scenes of simple exposition. But I'm used to writing long chapters so these may just seem short to me. Either way I guess the thing to note in this chapter was the mention of the fourth vampire (probably Nobu), the missing Airlea, and this Nirvana city. Since it was mostly just conversation explaining these things I don't have much else to say on the chapter. On to the next one.
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 5 . 6/9/2015
Honestly I thought Nobu was a werewolf this whole time. And now with the staff I pictured Sun Wukong. I'm surprised Cici didn't question him about being from Earth since vampires and such are still considered mythological in her world. I wonder why Cici couldn't handle water. I have a thing for Phoenixes so I'm already sad this guy seems like a prick. Well he's not an actual phoenix so I'll take solace in that. I'm really interested in Nobu and Lianna's relationship so I hope to see more of that. On to the next one.
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 4 . 6/9/2015
This chapter was indeed *puts on shades* hasty. /shot. Anyway I mean that it felt a bit messy in the beginning and transitioned far too fast into the conversation between Harry and Cici. Also, there's not enough detail on any of the other characters at this point. You introduced them once and then expect the reader to just know and care who they are. Since this was a generally short chapter I'm just going to keep going. Although I hope Cici keeps her long hair. Lol
230 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »