Reviews for Divinity - Volume I
Tenshi no Yami chapter 25 . 5/10/2015
I think by far I loved the fight with Nobu & Lianna vs. Phoenix. I seriously love Phoenix to bits because he's so deranged. Then there was the part at the in of the second section where Lia says they'll just beat him up. They won't kill him, just beat him up XD That's just too much.

Good one for Maemi as well for defeating the beast and pritectiing the people. I do hope she manages to defeat Alexander since he's the bad guy and all but I can;t help but wonder what would happen if she lost o3o

As for the last section, I love how Airlea called her a "pissbaby" I've never heard that term before but it made me giggle. I do enjoy the banter between the two of them. However, they need to get a move on since we need to save lover boy...!

Let's move it ladies!

Tenshi out!
Darth Zannacross chapter 35 . 4/12/2015
Right, over all review for Divinity, will try and make this a good overall story review.

Lets see, the setting is unique for sure, while there is QUITE a lot of Vampire stories theses days you managed to make a unique spin, mostly related to space and having heaven and hell being other planets and other things. So, managed to make it not dull so kudos for that.

As for the cast, well, I would not say that Cicil is my most loved main lead ever but, at least its not my most hated one either. She was ok, acted a bit, abnormal at times but I guess its a abnormal world so, not, to mismatched, some of her choices were headache inducing though, oh well. Still, having to deal with being dead, or semi dead, is never easy and you managed to pull off well her having to deal with her struggles.

As for the others, Harry, felt to much like Edward from Twilight times, even when we had someone named Edward in here as well. Not quite as bad as Harry, his motives were all right, just, a little to snappy and moody for me at times, oh well at least he is dead, kind of? We will see, gives me a Sailor Moon vibe, curious to see if this will be a tragic love story lol.

As for the others, they were ok, not the worst but I admit not the best, a lot of them did not stand out to well to me at times.

Bad guy wise Markus does have a lot of potential not sure if you indeed to make him stay the bad guy, his unstable personalty and twisted relationships make him a good candidate though, we will see where it goes.

Phoenix and his extreme behaviors always stood out well as well.

Some of the fights were good, some of them ended anti climatically Bleach and Fairy Tail style, the cool moments outweighed the bad fights so its all cool.

Grammar is not something I judge to harshly on, I could read it fine so that's all there is to it I guess. Sure their could be room to improve but not a nightmare to revise either.

Well, since I know this is only the first of another half I won't go in to everything but I will say Divinity has been a story that's managed to be memorial in the sea of stories on Fiction Press. I look forward to where it goes from here so I will slowly but surely press on. Good job Hug-Chan, keep up the good work and see you at Volume 2.
DevilPogoStick chapter 6 . 4/12/2015
Ugh, apologies on this week. Busy for some reason beyond my usual stuff. :(

But anywho, this does have a slight info-placing there regarding the vampire issues such as the families and all but it's nothing glaring.

Cici is one plucky chick alright XD

Poor Harry, got a lot on his plate. If I had to look out for Cici, I would too lol

Keep it up!
Darth Zannacross chapter 34 . 4/12/2015
I must say, this Epilogue did not go in the direction I expected, time skips and, Harry version twos. Oh yes, and a shadow group being all shadowy and stuff for the next part.

Well, not a bad way to end it, I will use the next one to try and sum my thoughts on Divinity one as much as I can.

But for now, this Epilogue did well to be a worthy finale for a story so good job at that.
Zannacross copy chapter 33 . 4/10/2015
Hey Hug, its Darth, internet is being a pain so not officially online at the moment, any who, on with the review.

I admit, I did not think things would be so normal so soon after the whole, killing Harry thing, so that felt, awkward. Well, we learned a few new things about her parents history, quite bloody and sorrowful I guess. For his sanity Markus does seem full of, anguish.

So, with things patched up, we will see how things end for the finale I guess? Till next time.
Darth Zannacross chapter 32 . 4/9/2015
Well, guess the shadow from before was not to big a deal or, is waiting to cause problems later on, we will see. Meanwhile, more grim after math it seems, and coming out with the truth. Well, I guess it could have gone worst, and everyone now knows how nasty Alexander can be. Well, love concurs all I guess, we will see what happens from here, did not think Markus would be so casual after all that's happened. Guess we will see what the true shape of this messed up bloodsucking family is.
Darth Zannacross chapter 31 . 4/9/2015
Well, quite a gloomy aftermath from the tragic turn of events. Cici renouncing her family is going to cause even more problems I bet, types like Markus do not seem to react well to being told that you reject everything you are. Well, as if things were not hanging by a thread all ready, and now we have a random shadow? Black Zetsu ? Xehannort? We will see how things turn but, nice job on the drama today, till next time.
Darth Zannacross chapter 30 . 4/8/2015
SO, that turned tragic really fast, and now we got one tragic family reunion, wondering how things will go from here but its getting rather intense, we will see how this session of tragedy ends.
Darth Zannacross chapter 29 . 4/8/2015
Luke, I AM your father! Wait, wrong offspring, ( sees Vader go to the left)

Well, talk about shocking revelations, Markus was a lot closer to Cici then expected, explains a few things I suppose. Well, things got even more complex now, Romeo and Juliet don't hold a candle to this level of messy situation lol.

So, nice drama and what not, looking forward to where this goes.
Darth Zannacross chapter 28 . 4/7/2015
Well, this show down got even tenser, though I did not see it going down the way it did. Did not think Katrina would brake down like that, I guess things turned in a , Fairy Tail direction, as long as its not as frequent as Fairy Tail with that kind of result it should be ok I suppose.

Well, with things turning in a new direction we will see where things go, and what will happen with Airela's gambit of sorts, till next time.
Darth Zannacross chapter 27 . 4/7/2015
Damn, things escalated even more then I thought. First off, did not think after how hard a fight Alexander was giving he would be defeated so easily, oh well.

Seems the threat is moving on to Katarina, seems this girl is a tad, unstable to say the least. She has some rather major issues to work out, if she lives maybe those issues will be resolved? We will see, but guess its time to see what Cici can overcome.
Darth Zannacross chapter 26 . 4/6/2015
Well, this showdown is getting rather drastic, Alexander is getting quite vicious, though, Naruto might be mad he stole his Shadow Clones lol, kidding. Still, Maemi seems to be in quite the tight spot, we will see what this sudden turn at the end leads to.

Meanwhile, Cici seems to be lost at quite the wrong time, we will see what happens from here but nice job on the fight, looking forward to how it unfolds.
Darth Zannacross chapter 25 . 4/6/2015
Another round of intense fighting here, Alexander is still rather intense but seems Mamei is holding her own, for now. And as for Phoenix, guess its a demonic Phoenix with his fire? Lol, at least its not Dark Phoenix but hope Nobu can find a way to overcome this blistering challenge.

Meanwhile Cici is trying to be peacemaker here, failing to pull her task off might cause the fires of vengeful vendettas to burn to ever more heights, so we will see how it goes next time.
Sage Young chapter 1 . 4/6/2015
Well, the read has been... interesting.

The setting established in this first chapter seems workable. Not a lot is established, huh? Well, not a lot is being experienced is what I should say, by Cici. We were told that she's on a new planet now, Galaxia, that she got there because she died and is given a second chance.

It should be a bigger deal than how Cici took it in this chapter, IMO. Because of that, it doesn't give off as much impact as it could have, and I even ended up brushing it off just as Cici did. Well, it's difficult to imagine waking up on another planet in the first place so, yeah. I can only see how it goes in the later chapters.

Other than that, let's see. Maemi and Harry seem workable as well. Their actions and line of thought still feels a bit too alien for me to have a solid enough impression of them at the moment.

The main peeve I have with the more technical side of the writing is the constant use of tags, especially in paragraphs when it was just Cici wandering alone. Even when she did ended up get into a conversation, I assumed the focus was still mainly focused around Cici. There was no need to go 'She said, she moved, the woman then etc'. For me, it dragged down the overall reading experience.

Near the end, another thing that threw me out of the loop was how Cici didn't got around the idea that she 'surpassed' human standards and went right to questioning why the Galaxians thought it weird for her to have a 'strong will'. Nothing in the chapter suggested anything about her being strong, so I really didn't know where the Galaxians or Cici got the idea from.

Overall, it's a mediocre read. Since not a lot happened nor much of the main plot was revealed, I'm now a bit cautious going forward with the story. A premise like this feels so out of this world, so random, that I can't really make any predictions or assumptions as to how it'll pan out. We'll see how this goes.
M1zz chapter 1 . 4/6/2015
Hm...I'm not too sure how I feel about this chapter. The pacing all seems to be very fast. Like Cici just seems to accept everything WAY too quickly, especially since Cici died and came back to life.

There's also the question I have about why no one would answer her questions. There didn't seem to be a real reason for keeping her in the dark. I think someone could have simply answered her questions when she first woke up, even if she's unique for being so strong so fast.

Also, since this chapter is narrated in Third Person I don't know why you waited to tel us Cici's name until a character said it. Since it's Third Person I think you can just tell us her name from the start.

But even with all of that I think this story sounds interesting. Like the fact Heaven and Hell as humans know it are just planets. Makes me wonder who chooses who goes where and how they get there. Like...do people actually have souls? I'm also just interested in the Galaxian and their powers.

Okay, on to the next.