Reviews for Hearts (copyright 2014)
BlindingBrillance chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
The first chapter of this story speaks to my soul in such ways that I cannot even begin to express to you how deeply moved I am. I am awestruck by the honesty in this and the way that the female character interacts with whom I can safely say is God. She reminds me so much of myself that it aches. I also love the ambiguity in this, and the way that you don't go right out and say 'bible' or 'pastor/priest' or even 'God' for that matter. It leaves so much up to interpretation for the reader. I also love the skepticism. Too often I've read a Christian based story and left it feeling guilty because the characters always seem so strong in their faith, unwavering, when I myself struggle so much sometimes. You've truly made her absolutely human, and I ADORE that. :) You will hear more from me as I read through the rest of this wonderful story. :) Thank you for allowing God to work through you. :)
Jesusfollower97 chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
Wow. This is amazing! I can't wait to read the rest of the story! brb I'm a go finish it! again Awesome job!
AnnabethRose chapter 11 . 8/13/2014
So glad I've finally gotten around to catching up on this story. It is absolutely amazing, and I thank God that He gave you these words to write. Also thankful for the reminder to keep my eyes fixed on Him, because I def need it.
I'm thinking about sharing this on the Facebook page for my homegroup, because I think they should all read this. Hopefully that's ok.
Looking forward to reading about the rest of her journey.
John Jude Farragut chapter 11 . 8/9/2014
I think this is the strongest chapter you've written so far. Using a razor edge to depict the separation of the old will from the new will was brilliant. I've never seen an author depict death the way you did, and I enjoyed the strong imagery and the originality.

I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Cheers,
John
Written In Red chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
It seems that your character is trapped in a faithless religious system but would rather have a true relationship with God. Of course, I can see her resistance to the latter. I like your premise. I think the pace was good and it allowed me just enough time to consider the current details before being given more. Over all, well done!
AnnabethRose chapter 6 . 5/21/2014
Still really loving this story. And I think God's used it to speak to me a couple of times too. So thank you for being willing to write down what He's put on your heart.
phantom130 5 chapter 4 . 5/10/2014
Beautiful. I absolutely adore this story. Sometimes I even forget I'm reading a story and imagine myself in the girl's place.
phantom130 5 chapter 3 . 4/24/2014
The Master is so great. I love that he's so understanding. She thought about herself and not him and cried out for his help. I'd probably do the same there. He didn't have to help her but he did anyway. I still think about myself a lot, what I want, what I need, but I'm trying to put God before all things. It's more of a struggle than I think it should be, but I'm sure I'll be able to pull it off eventually.
phantom130 5 chapter 2 . 4/19/2014
Great writing! I particularly like the image with the box closing. I think that's a great symbol for life.
AnnabethRose chapter 2 . 4/16/2014
I could really relate to her struggle between wanting to go to the Master, and wanting to return to the pit; I really appreciate the way you wrote that. And I think you're gonna turn me into a fan of allegory :)
AnnabethRose chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
I absolutely love your character's voice! I'm really curious about how old she is though. I suppose that's not overly relevant though, given that it's allegory.
It's really interesting how she sees Grandfather and Someone else being two different beings (I assume they're both God).
You may want to consider changing the summary, making reference to the character, maybe. That might be more likely to draw more people in. Also, if it's complete (is it complete?) you'll want to change that tickbox as well.
phantom130 5 chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
This reminds me of what they talked about at my church this week. Usually people that claim they don't believe in God secretly know he exists, but they try to find reasons to convince themselves that he doesn't because people are still suffering or because he won't preform a miracle before their eyes. I like how you've included things like her asking for a sign. And I don't even know... There is so much that I could comment on that I love about this piece of writing, but mostly I'm just hoping to see a second chapter soon. :)