Reviews for Hearts (copyright 2014)
phantom130 5 chapter 22 . 6/22
Thank you Lord for changing the desires in my heart. I love this ending. :')
phantom130 5 chapter 20 . 6/22
Again, another topic I wasn't expecting you to cover but I'm glad you did! Even after you're cleansed of your old self you're still prone to failure. I don't think I fully realized that until about a month ago when I got baptized. My grandfather warned me that when he went through it he thought he'd be a completely different person coming out, but still felt very similar. And that's what I'm realizing now as well.
phantom130 5 chapter 19 . 6/22
Great chapter! I find it interesting how much the woman with all the stuff parallels the main character! She even questions the guide book, saying it's more of a rule book lol.
phantom130 5 chapter 18 . 6/22
You continue to address a lot of different topics in this part. I especially love the talk about marriage and disease. It's a lot of dialogue and I see how it can be frustrating especially for someone that mostly wants to know what happens next in the story, but I don't think you should change it. This writing brings clarity to a lot of topics that aren't addressed too often in many other works. And the girl's reactions and questions brings a real human element to the piece. It's almost like a life guide that addresses a wide variety of topics. And something I would (and have) recommended to any friends of mine that have just started reading the Bible but don't understand everything.
phantom130 5 chapter 17 . 6/22
I think I can see what you meant before about the last few chapters having a lot of dialogue. So far though I feel like it's all really important. This is sort of the climax where the girl makes a lot of powerful revelations about the world and God. :)
It has me curious what else I'll learn in the chapters to come.
So far I wouldn't change a thing about this story!
phantom130 5 chapter 16 . 6/22
I enjoy some of the topics they cover here about the new world and pleasant and unpleasant people. The second one is a topic that I wonder about a lot. Do unpleasant Christians really know God? But I think you answered it perfectly. :)
phantom130 5 chapter 15 . 6/22
This chapter is absolutely perfectly! Even when I look at it objectively I have no problems with it. The scene where the Master holds her and talks about even a small amount of faith being able to move mountains felt like something I needed to hear. Lately I've been blaming my failures on not having enough faith and I no longer believe that's the case. I also love how she addresses that Master after realizing that he and the Father are one in the same. She wonders why she is so important to the Master, which is exactly what I've been pretty curious about.
phantom130 5 chapter 14 . 6/22
Good chapter. I like the idea of her learning to fully trust in the Lord. I guess if I could criticize anything here it's that her trying to walk on her own and then failing feels way too similar to things we've already seen so far. But that's just a small complaint. Especially since this scene is really true to human nature and I feel like this story still needed another obstacle before she could be made new.
phantom130 5 chapter 13 . 6/19
I like the line about how it takes longer for God to work inside a person and get them to change than it did for him to create the world. That surprised me because I never thought of that, but yeah I guess you're right!
Her getting the new body is going to be a big turning point in the story I think. :)
phantom130 5 chapter 12 . 6/18
Great chapter! I think that's a lesson I need to focus on as well.
phantom130 5 chapter 11 . 6/18
I really loved this chapter. It had me on the edge like, "What is she supposed to do?" I've got to keep reading to find out what happens. XD
phantom130 5 chapter 10 . 6/18
I like how when she takes the master's hands you mention that they're damaged from when he was hung on the cross for her. It was a subtle touch that reminded me how great our Lord is. :)
phantom130 5 chapter 9 . 6/17
Great chapter! :) I love the idea of them jumping over a cliff and following the master exactly how he does. I think you handled the scene with the man still stuck really well too.
phantom130 5 chapter 8 . 6/5
I like how you compare the body of Christ to cells. I've never heard that before. But as someone that studied biology all the way up to the first year of college, that really brings the point home for me because I think of how millions of cells work together for a common purpose.
phantom130 5 chapter 7 . 6/3
I like the sound of guide book too. :)