Reviews for Trapped
M3rcy chapter 11 . 5/9/2018
This was a very well paced story. I like how little snippets of Izzy's mystery were revealed in a way that it slowly chipped away her story to reveal the mystery, and everything seemed very well placed in the story in time with plot elements. I liked that this story had a happy ending, and that everything was resolved in the end. I also liked that characters weren't introduced needlessly. Every character that was in this story had a purpose and a point for being there, and usually became more important as the story unraveled.
I feel something like this was very true to life in many circumstances, as this thing still happens today, and was probably even more predominant 40 to 50 years ago.
The only good thing I can say about the Patterson's, is that at least they gave Izzy a good life, even though they kidnapped her.
I felt a warm feeling in my heart when Izzy was reunited back with her parents, and I liked how the memory lost was a psychological component and not because of abuse or violence. Often we bury whole life times in the past, especially after a traumatic experience.
All in all, I really liked this story. I think it was written quite well and was paced well enough too.
In total I'd give it 8/10.
My only gripe is that, maybe there could've been a bit more suspense or drama. But other than that, the overarching plot was just good enough to keep me interested.
Sincerely,
M3rcy.
dgschneider chapter 10 . 5/11/2014
There had been this constant build with this story. Starting with the intense beginning that begged so many questions. Then answers that brought bigger deeper questions. It built and built and now I am loving this side where everything falls into place.
Wendish chapter 10 . 5/10/2014
So is that why Izzy "woke up" from her lapse...b/c she saw her parents on TV? The plot is thick!

Thx, W
Wendish chapter 9 . 5/10/2014
Understatement of the year: "Well, that's highly suspicious!" LOL.

You bring up some interesting points in this story - under what circumstances do you and do you not share information with a minor who 1) has suffered a loss of memory 2) may be a victim of illegal activities yet unknown. A delicate line to walk indeed.
Wendish chapter 8 . 5/10/2014
I find it interesting that Ali was as relaxed as she was with Melanie's appearance. Hopefully their encounter will help to trigger additional memories...what if Melanie is a part of "the evil?" (in conspiracy mode RN, lol).

I'm surprised that "Mom & Dad" haven't made a run for it sooner. Happy that I'm behind with my reading b/c now I can skip to the next chappie!

Thx,
W
SnowyBones chapter 9 . 5/8/2014
I was quite excited to see that you had posted this. :) It's getting close now. And it looks like I was right. Ali *was* kidnapped by these people. I'm so glad that Officer Franklin found Ali's real parents. :) Now I wonder what her real name is. Cause of course it's not 'Ali'. These people, the Pattersons changed it so they could hide her better. I can't wait to see Ali's reaction to this news. Great job! :)
SnowyBones chapter 8 . 5/7/2014
So the pieces are coming together. I like that she knew who Melanie was. I'm so cheering for 'Ali'. And yep this is only reaffirming my theory. I wasn't surprised that these people, the Patterson's had run. Not at all. They know now that their kidnapping of 'Ali' is being uncovered so they ran. Bastards.

I hope 'Ali' is able to remember more if Officer Franklin shares her search results. And I *so* want to know what they say! Can't wait to read more. *feeds your Little Miss Muse chocolate* ;)
SnowyBones chapter 7 . 5/6/2014
Curiouser and curiouser, says Alice. It's definitely getting more interesting. And well it's reinforcing my theory more. You are free to laugh if you want.

But from the first time to now all I've had in my head is 'The Signs in the Silence'. And the more I read this the more it reminds me of it. So I'll share what I think is going on here now.

I think this couple, the Pattersons kidnapped 'Ali' when she was 5 or so. And the memories she is recovering are what she remembers when she lived with her real family. I also think the amnesia is being caused by a trauma she suffered before she last went to sleep. Something that one of those two did.

Either way that's what I think. You are free to laugh at me. In the meantime I can't wait to read more of this wonderful story. :)
SnowyBones chapter 6 . 5/3/2014
Not surprised that the Pattersons clammed up when she asked those questions. Not at all. I love that Dr. Butler is going to take 'Ali' in as an emergency foster parent. I like her. Poor Ali, still not remembering much but Dr. Vickers is absolutely a big help. I'm looking forward to see what comes out next. And btw, you are helping my theory along nicely. No I won't tell you what it is yet. But you are helping it along. :)
Covalent Bond chapter 6 . 5/3/2014
Either she was abducted around the age of five, or she had a brother who has passed away and her amnesia is somehow connected to that. Those are my guesses. Feel free to laugh. :P

Good story. I'll try to follow through to the end.
Chem
Covalent Bond chapter 5 . 5/3/2014
Ooh, brother! Yes, I'm curious about what that line of inquiry will reveal.
Also, I'd check at the high school to see if 'Ali' is really enrolled there. Probably she is, but it would be interesting to find out how long she's attended school in that school district. Have there been many moves? Is she an abducted child, or just a mentally ill one?

Oh so many questions! Sadly, I'm just about caught up and now I'll have to wait for the answers. :(
Covalent Bond chapter 4 . 5/3/2014
So, that man at the house when "Ali" woke up could have been her brother. Or not.
I have no idea.
This is quite a mystery... :)
Covalent Bond chapter 3 . 5/3/2014
This story reminds me of Signs in the Silence. ;)
As for 'Ali,' she has the option of either the hospital or a foster home. A tough choice.
Covalent Bond chapter 2 . 5/3/2014
If she had no memory at all, then any name would feel 'wrong' to her. Total amnesia is very rare, so of course I'm wondering what is going on. I'm glad I don't have to wait for more answers. :)
Covalent Bond chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
Hey I finally found some time to catch up on old stories. :)
This first chapter, you asked for guesses? I think Ali has some kind of amnesia or mental illness. She's with her parents but doesn't know who they are. That's what it 'seems,' but perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps they are, in fact, messing with her mind.