Reviews for A New Chapter
tecnicalKnockout chapter 21 . 12/26/2014
*6th place runner up* a classic no good dead goes unpunished i chose this one because i could relate and have been in a similar situation.

"do-gooders can do no good here, they are sent on there way with disrepair in there hearts and shit on there shoes" -Michel Faber [the crimson petal and the white]-
The Beautiful Filth chapter 15 . 9/5/2014
This shows a fighting girl who knows clearly about the scenario she is stuck in. The selt realisation that the persona demonstrates is absolutely brilliant; it truly amazes me to see how the persona (and you, I presume) can see the true picture instead of being blinded by the fight she is stuck in.

Stay strong Jen, I know you can do it.

The Beautiful Filth chapter 12 . 7/29/2014
Did I sense a reference to Rapunzel, where the lovely princess waited for her Prince Charming to come and meet her?

Disney reference aside, the sense of longing is beautifully put across, as well as the unwillingness to get hurt. J, sometimes there are things that we desperately cling to, only that they do more harm than good. I once have been in a similar situation, not with a boy however, and I must say that the break wasn't a nice sight in the least. The break-up was messy, I cut off all contact, and I can't face her directly. I, thus, can't imagine how it is like when it comes to a boy that one fancies. But I believe that as a fighter like you, you will be able to find someone who appreciates you and cares about you. Don't fret about not getting a partner now; you will have plenty chances when you enter college :)

The Beautiful Filth chapter 11 . 7/28/2014
This is striking and it just took the breath out of my mouth. It really did. The accusation, the disappointment, the grief - everything is so raw yet moving at the same time. I'm not sure whether I should love it for the emotions displayed, or hate it because if the pain described.

The Beautiful Filth chapter 8 . 7/20/2014
The final three short lines are what caught my attention the most. The use of short lines emphasizes how you feel that you're slowly drifting away, numbly and dispassionately.
The Beautiful Filth chapter 7 . 7/16/2014
A complex and somehow haunting poem, it shows how you feel about everything and how it changes every so often that you cannot fathom why. Jen, it does happen to me too; it isn't an issue you have to get over by yourself. It just takes a while for us to realize what and who we truly are, and by then, we will start to find the answer.

Stay strong,
BethCamella chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
The Beautiful Filth chapter 6 . 6/30/2014
"As I see myself not as a suffer but a survivor,

I am again ignited alive."

it's definitely an epiphany that we all will reach at some point of our lives, but dear Survivor Sister, this is a topic that you bravely shed light onto. Regardless of whether we fell victim to others' mean tactics, we will always rise, and become better and stronger than we have ever been. It's a belief I hold very strongly, and I'm sure you do, too.

The Beautiful Filth chapter 5 . 6/24/2014
Phoenixes always enchant me, being able to be reborn from a fire pit - a symbol of a metamorphosis and a new life. Survivor Sister, I'm sure that we all are phoenixes being reborn in fire - the fire may be large, or small, or we may be reincarnated too many times to count; but we never lose the essence that made us into different individual phoenixes at the start.

The Beautiful Filth chapter 4 . 6/24/2014
It's an uplifting poem, a break from your usual expressive style. It's fresh, and very summer-y, if that's a word :)

The Beautiful Filth chapter 3 . 6/14/2014
Hey Jen! It's a powerful poem. Somehow I think "he" isn't a person in the poem, but I can't pinpoint who exactly "he" can be... Is it some chance or some activities that the persona missed?

The Beautiful Filth chapter 2 . 5/28/2014
The use of capitalization in "Sunshine" and "Umbrella" brings out how you personify these two elements in your life, and how you long for the ray of hope and that you believe you're protected. Even if the Umbrella is broken, Jen, I believe that you'll be able to strive on with a Rain Poncho :)