Reviews for Magician's Blood
Darth Zannacross chapter 12 . 6/5/2016
All will fear the claw! ( gets tackled) Lol, meanwhile at last the parents were found, well, the remains at least, seems they were not aware of the legacy they passed on, damn this is just like Yu Yu Hakusho all over again , sort of lol.

Ah...a claw shaped ship is rather cool, time to see how the Wrath's, or at least the White Wrath's live up to hype then.

Damn, sad I'm up to date now since there is nothing left to read. But, I do hope your able to update this soon Kishi and till then may the cat force be with you.
Darth Zannacross chapter 11 . 6/3/2016
Mostly getting the gist of the conflict it seems, at least the Dock Chief seems legit, for now.

Well, things are just getting started but, I see why Elicia values her spear, its a rather epic one indeed.
Darth Zannacross chapter 10 . 5/25/2016
For all the holy terms going around, does not seem like a very divine atmosphere, oh my, but the Golden Seraphim seems like a rather epic ship.

Well, for the most part going through how going to space in this verse works, seems like a cool process, with the space battle being the coolest part of said process, take that Millennium Falcon lol.

Short but sweet but we were shown who was the boss in this conflict, and in the meanwhile, sounds like something is ringing a bell in Lyric's head, hopefully its not to deadly a bell. Well, we will see when we see just what Madinus has in store, but for now a sweet chapter, till next time keep up the great work.
Darth Zannacross chapter 9 . 5/24/2016
Well, this was even smaller of a morsel then your usual courses but, its clear that whoever the Barbarians are, they mean bussiness.

Reminds me of the logs in Resident Evil or Metroid Prime, finding out something nasty before it explodes, guess we will see.
Darth Zannacross chapter 8 . 5/23/2016
Back to the action, the blood, and apparently the Council lol. Well, this Council seems ok enough for Council's, they are not as uptight as say, the Jedi in the Prequel eras.

Well, mostly setting things up for things to come but seems like juicy things. Guess it all depends on if the poor rescued-ed sap can utilize his true potential or go all Darth Vader and doom them all, we will see but whoever left the end quote of this chapter clearly has a grudge, guess we will see just what comes out of this, till next time.
Darth Zannacross chapter 7 . 4/28/2016
Ah, at last some action! Well, they are quite professional about the duel system, reminds me of how the Jedi dueled in the Prequel era, a good way to test their skills without the threat of death at least.

Looks like Renault is a natur magic jammer? A bummer for Eliclia, though she took the loss well at least. Also, do we have a love triangle with child hood chum Joshua entering the scene?

Meanwhile, classes based on skill level? Well, that can be awkward, I guess the types of folks brought to this school have enough mental strength to be in sync regardless of age level though, we will see.

On top of that, this off brand group of radicals sounds like another thing that's going to be causing some trouble soon, guess we will see but, does strike me like all the idiot fanatics out their in the real world.

Well, the way this order is focused in seeing the present as perfection makes them even more close minded then the Prequel era Jedi, and they seem to have tests like those Jedi to lol.

Well, the quote at the end is rather ominous, screams the Church is going to do something bitter and nasty, but guess I will have to see how nasty it gets, till next time.
Darth Zannacross chapter 6 . 4/27/2016
Guess the Black Tower was not as imposing as I first thought, not even a boss fight, doh.

Well, mostly rebounding from the outcome of the search, still calling that the kid is the true threat, we will see.

Well, either he will be the one who betrays her, or surpasses her if he will train with her. So not all wraiths are evil eh? Guess we have a black and white Wraith, like a cookie? Guess we will see if they have fusion Wraiths, I call the gold Wraith, the shinny ones are always nice lol.

So, this dark powder is a big deal eh? Guess we will see how it goes.
Darth Zannacross chapter 5 . 4/26/2016
They were late to the party but no body was home first, I guess the wrath of the Wraith is to blame?

Well, seems Lyric saw something rather traumatic , I wonder though, is he the attacker after all? We will see who truly sprung the trap.

Nice at giving us a deeper look in to the world of the story, a world with much potential. Till next time.
Darth Zannacross chapter 4 . 4/25/2016
Do Black Towers ever lead to a good thing in stories? Damn that sounded racist, wait, Batman's black towers and others are not bad so, never mind lol.

Ahywho, sounds like being a Raven in this story is as gloomy a job as the ones from Allen Poe, good grief.

Still, anti magic? He train with Hawk Girl and her people? We will see. Seems we have a frosty mission in store, the tower is all ready giving a ominous vibe, we will see how crazy that vibe gets as they get closer.

Nice set up, till next time.
Darth Zannacross chapter 3 . 4/22/2016
I see we are getting Renault Morgan as the new member to the party? He seems, intense. Oh, another story were Ravens have a major role? I approve greatly lol. The way they talk about having the blood, reminds me of how Jedi looked for those who could use the Force, and that some were Force users without training by their own means. AT least for now, I could be wrong, we will see, it is intriguing though.

And we have Joshua, sounds like another intense piece to the puzzle, a puzzle that sounds like it has the possibility to have something quite interesting.

Well, till next time to see if Elica and Renault will learn to trust each other or learn to want to gut each other.
Darth Zannacross chapter 2 . 4/21/2016
Eh, I can go the extra mile for a Birthday lol, lets see, oh captain my captain. ( Gets shot by Robin Williams Ghost)

Well, get a Star Treck feel with the logs, but Eilca Vasavilli seems rather intense, in a cool kind of way. Well, not to much to go on but this, does not seem like it will be a cheerful story, not for now at least. Oh well, hopefully the adventure will live up to the hype, we will see but nice start Kiry.
Darth Zannacross chapter 1 . 4/21/2016
Well, so this is the fabled blood of legends eh? Sounds like a intense tale full of coldness. Well, the preview did its job so nice job, in to the blood we go.
Sage Young chapter 8 . 2/2/2016
End of part 1? How many parts are there?

Also, those Itacilized words don't seem like Elicia's anymore, or are they? Are they the thoughts of the Wraith lurking on Aris/Madinus? Or just the lingering voice of a wraith lost to the river of time?

Anyway, glad to see the Council entrusting Elicia and Renault with the Wraith Hunt. They seem a bit quick to change their minds though, considering how they were all prepared to await further discoveries and gather more intelligence before acting.

Wonder what's up with Mercanto glaring at Lyric? Does he know something? Maybe they're acquainted? Or is Mercanto seeing something we don't in the boy? Don't tell me he's actually a threat?!

Well, no point jumping to conclusions, lol.

Then there's the issue with darkpowder. It seemed a pretty standard story element, a substance poisonous to Magicians, but now I wonder if it's true danger lies in muggles weaponizing the stuff? Also, does it do any thing besides kill Magicians? I have so many questions, ha ha!

The Council seem like good people, capable and wise. Daunox's position as His Gaze also made his skepticism and suspicion before somewhat umderstandable, seeing how he's supposed to be the one constantly poking around for any form of heresy.

Overall, it was yet another good read, like the others before. It read smoothly, it was well-paced and nothing felt odd in the technical side either. Seems like the hunt has just begun. Wonder what a Wraith usually does when it's on the loose? Terrorize and kill? Or do they keep to themselves so long as people keep away from them?
Sage Young chapter 7 . 2/1/2016
That's... certainly quite the mask Marcos puts on. Wonder if he does this for everyone else or if it's just for Elicia's sake? Maybe it's not even a mask. That'd make him so much more terrifying though. Well, maybe I'm just thinking too much into this.

Initially I thought, cause of the chapter title, that we were finally going to learn what makes his anti-magic abilities tick, but alas it was just a feint. Shoulda guessed it wouldn't be that easy.

Nice duel though. Would have liked it better if it was simpler. Some terms were a bit confusing. For example, I assume a high stance meant standing in a way that would block attacks aiming for the head but there's no way for me to be sure, and the term doesn't help me visualize anything either. Short of going to do research and learning more about dueling with weapons I'm left in the sidelines, shrugging my shoulders and pretending to understand. It didn't feel very engaging when I got confused, though that might be just me.

Lyric can use magic? The Magician's Blood is certainly a lot more common than I thought. I wonder where this subplot's going, and how far is it going to go? It just doesn't seem like the story's going to span for a long time, that's for certain. Besides giving testimony to what happened at the colony at Aris, what's going to happen to Lyric? Is his role a big one to the grander side of things? I don't have a clue right now. Still curious though.

Finally, Elicia herself seemed quite melancholic in this chapter, well, hidden behind her usual brash actions and witty sarcasm. She's so guilt-ridden, even though it was mainly bad luck, though I suppose people losing their lives due to said luck takes a toll. She's strong, and undoubtedly noble. Can't help but wonder if bad luck is a byproduct of her magic or something.

Also, her intimacy with Marcos, that line accusing Renault and that pause, they all seem to imply something. Suspicious. Were the two of them an item once? Would make sense, is all I'm saying. And interesting interactions and banter, that's for sure.

Ooh, the Valvicin Lords came up again. The cabal of Magicians who rose against the Church, huh? I wonder what's their story? Things can't be as black and white as Elicia claims, yeah? Maybe with how contrasting Elicia seem inside as stated in the closing segments of each chapter she'll end up joining the Valvicin Lords or something.

Anyway, it was a good read overall. Looking forward to Elicia presenting her case to that council she mentioned. Seems like a lot of protocols. I'm starting to wonder if Elicia's going to get deployed to deal with the wraith, or if she's going to end up on a mission to seek out Andrew and investigate about the Valvicin Revivalists? Either way, I'm sure you'll make it a good read, Kisho.
Sage Young chapter 6 . 1/31/2016
Maybe the apprentice was the one who succumbed to disease and turn into a Wraith? Maybe even a White one, considering how well it covered its tracks. The world of Magician's Blood, how you tie Magic, Religion and Space together, is certainly interesting, Kisho. I wonder how the normal folks live what with faith so deep and magic running rampant across the galaxy?

Props to Lyric, he's still as statuesque as ever. I'm still not really buying it, but I suppose I can attribute it as bravery? He's just handling tragedy so damn well, almost contemplating it in silence. Nobody would fault him for crying, that's for sure.

From Elicia's questioning in the chapter, I'm starting to believe maybe Renault really don't know anything at all about why his touch seem to negate magic. Maybe he joined the Order to learn more about his particular gift? But yeah, I agree with Elicia the fact that he's hiding something. The question now is when he'll start opening up.

Then there's the mention of darkpowder, a tease at the end of the chapter. Is this the stuff that turns Magicians into Wraiths? Or something different, but just as bad? An illegal substance perhaps? Guess we'll find out more in the next chapter.

Overall, it was a good read. It definitely feels like things are picking up. Wonder what's going to happen next?
82 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »