Reviews for Magician's Blood
Y. S. Wong chapter 5 . 12/21/2015
Your writing's a bit rusty, I think, but that's to be expected after a long hiatus. See service elevator paragraph. Quite a few typos, though. Oh well. It's just good to have Kicchan updating again. u I better up my game too.

Anyway, nice to finally find out what wraiths are. Dat little boy though. Gonna become a space priest.
Ink Lord chapter 2 . 12/19/2015
I love you're writing, as well as letting us picture characters without giving us too much description. It lets me rely more on how they interact with the eachother and the way Elicia comments on Father were great to read about. There were so many times when I've thought how she has, talking to someone you have to, but totally dislike.

I'm not even going to approach what you're implying in the final moments in the chapter so as not to spoil anything, but yeah, I can't wait.
madness3v3 chapter 2 . 12/19/2015
It's starting to remind of Chrono Trigger. A Sister who goes out and complete missions, while a Father gives the orders. Very good chapter.
Ink Lord chapter 1 . 12/19/2015
You know the genre, Cosmic Horror? I love it! Not many people tackle it and when they do it sort of comes up short and uninspiring. It usually deals with monsters above human comprehension. With this, you've already set up a monster that I for one think is impossible to defeat. Or maybe it's not a monster but something similar to one? Whatever, you've got me interested and that's all that matters.
Y. S. Wong chapter 4 . 12/19/2015
Renny is Space Priest Damien confirmed.

I love your worldbuilding.
Y. S. Wong chapter 3 . 12/19/2015
I didn't even know this was being actively updated. Well, it's fitting that Kicchan will be the first victim of the Wongvalanche reviews.

"It was something about him she couldn't place. Something magical, she realized. No magician, right? Despite him having the magician's blood?" Oho, this must be important! It's the title of the book!

Renny gives me Damien vibes.

"Onii-chan-what are you doing? With the squirrel?" Thus began the furry hentai version of Magician's Blood.

Where are the coffee kisses.
madness3v3 chapter 1 . 12/18/2015
Interesting start. Reminds me a lot of galadriel's intro in Lord of the Rings. The end especially remind me of 'and some things that should not have been forgotten were lost'
Nori-san chapter 4 . 12/18/2015
The latest chapter now!

Elicia was definitely dealt the wrong hand in the romance aspect huh. She’s like the death god of love, a constant titanic plague. The way Elicia speaks is like Lightning from FF13! So cool *stares in awe ((*v*)) *

Elicia have a edgy past, yep. That much is certain. Awww Renault is like “Noticee me senpai~” and Elicia’s just “You’re hot but I can’t!”

Wraiths. I wonder what they are since not much is said about them. Perhaps the first I’ve heard of the name too *checks previous chapters* yup, judging from Renault, I guess Wraiths are like the plague of all plagues? But what’s mysterious is the fact that Elicia seems to be holding on to a secret that even Renault is unaware of.

Now we see that even Renault have his own touchy subjects. Dammit cool one-liner he pulled! Even so, Elicia seems to have already predicted his doomsday? I’m just starting to wonder how bad her level of misfortune is!

How do you even manage all that camera angle! Love how you describe your backgrounds and how one action leads to another almost naturally. Loving how you set the stage for the next chapter. We’ll probably get a taste of the story’s antagonist then too.

Hmm, the monologues you have at the end, it feels like it’s relating to the both of them, yet at the same time it’s not. It’s a really interesting way of expressing oneself, but admittedly it throws me away sometimes. Maybe because the ‘voice’ isn’t clear enough to define the character that’s ‘talking’ it.

Overall, lovely story with ice cool characters! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your work and I have learned a couple of tricks or two too *smirks*. If there’s anything you want to know more about do let me know and we can discuss it further! :)
Nori-san chapter 3 . 12/17/2015
Awww, your love for cars haha. I love your descriptives! It feels so soothing to read (the best way that I could explain it). Here we are introduced to Renault Morgan. Love interest perhaps? :)

An aberrant of sorts eh. One who has but at the same time, lacks. Interesting of you to put that focus on the black glove. I wonder if it plays a part in his role of an ‘Anti-Mage’?

Raven. I suppose Ravens are like SOLDIERS of Shinra x Crows of the Nights watch? Still not sure what agenda does Renault have on Elicia, but I guess that’s the purpose of their mission? Heh is he trying to be take a shot at Elicia :3 It feels to me that Renault refuses to learn magic even though he is well aware of his capacity as a magician. That’s just my assumption though. Perhaps it’s taboo to him or sorts.

Elicia going rebel! Yeah girl power! Haha I suppose first impressions are important and Elicia just showed Renault that she’s no pushover and one that doesn’t take no as an answer. I feel that Elicia was betrayed by the Priests once, or was forced to go through some ordeal that made her quite a rebel. Elicia seems like the lawful good kind of chick, believing that whatever actions she done are justifiable of sorts.

Here we see Marcus, is he related to Elicia by blood? Even his entrance was almost identical to hers. I guess Ravens are those who does the dirty work? Another assumption but correct me if I’m wrong though.

Daunox words and I quote: ‘I can’t, but I must.’ Is he referring to one of the blunders she made before, or simply the fact that she’s a Raven? Hmmm curious curious…

The church seems to be holding some dark secrets there. The Valvicin Lords felt so despised and I can’t help but wonder the reason for that. At this point I have to say that your words flow really well and I haven’t been able to spot any mistakes (as much as I can in my capacity) so far. Fufu, one of the many reasons you’re my senpai .

The mission that’s to come seems to be draped in many mysteries and I’m smelling some ploy cooked up by the father right there. That, or maybe its just the fact that Elicia’s the type that’s best suited for the job.

Hah! Renault’s answer when it came to trust issues.

But I have to wonder about the monologue. If anything, it’s vague and brings more questions to the readers too.

So here’s my guess: Was she implying that she questions her ability and if so, does that make her weak? Have to admit I can’t make up the last two sentences though so it’d be great to hear your thoughts about it!
Nori-san chapter 2 . 12/17/2015
I wonder if there’s any purpose in the time system of your world. You seem to have an obsession in such detail, and oho the systems and sectors — are those solar systems of your world by any chance? If so, then I suppose there’s various others as the story progresses.

Somehow when I read the first half of the story, it felt like phantom of the opera playing in my head (not that I’ve ever watched one before, but I suppose it’s something like that). I like how you kept everything mysterious at the start, the interesting camera angles and little trivia of how a braid can make a lady fighter so badass and legendary. Yup, totally imagining that scene of victory *braid settles down*

For a moment, I thought she was speaking to her ‘father’ father, but I jumped the gun and realised this is a church of sorts. A dark setting for a church now is it? Judging from his words, Elicia seems the type of the rebel and only does things that suits her way.

Who is Him, i wonder. You’ve left quite a number of questions hanging in the air, but i suppose answering them will be only a matter of time. Now then, what secrets does the Father have on Elicia? I have so many ideas in my head on whatever could he meant, but there’s still little known about their characters so I’m just going to throw it out that Magicians are like the servants of Him, and in Elicia’s case, she is more than that which garners the Father’s jealousy, though for what reason? Is there something Elicia shouldn’t have, but has?

That last monologue is what I’m assuming belongs to Elicia. I guess it implies that Elicia have some sort of sacred blood or magic of sorts? Nonetheless, I will have to read on to find out. An interesting read overall! :3
Nori-san chapter 1 . 12/16/2015
Hoho! Really excited to see what you have here and probably stea- learn some tricks from your writing :3 loving the prologue and especially one that is dark and act as a facade for the world to accept and live in. I guess I'll have to read more to see where does you cast stand and the world that they're up against!
Let the read begin!
Madcinder chapter 3 . 12/14/2015
"Do you trust me?"
"No."
Way to be a charmer, man.

So Renault is more interesting than Daunox made him sound. He pokes squirrels. Silly guy.
Daunox is continuing to seem antagonistic, like he'll be a bad guy later on, but not as much as in the last chapter.
Now, I get that Elicia is unlucky, but with the irreverent way she acts towards everyone, and I would presume also towards the religion in general, it would seem it should have occurred to someone that is might be divine punishment. I mean, maybe?

Hopefully, soon, more insight into the characters is really given. Daunox is that kind of character that sucks all personality from people so you can't tell what they're really like while he's around. Now that Renault and Elicia are on their way, I hope to get a better gauge of them.

Josh just doesn't feel important. He feels like he thinks he's important and so does everyone else, but he isn't really important. Don't know why.
Madcinder chapter 2 . 12/10/2015
I feel like one of these two is destined to be the villain of the story, or at least one of the villains, and I don't think it's Elicia.

If I may, I would like to take a stab at the plot. I'm guessing for all of this. There is a major religion, probably dominant, that many or all of the characters follow. The heroes' job is to fight the enemies of this religion. However, this hero is, or gets, disillusioned with the religion and finds what initially looks to be corruption within the leaders of the faith, but it turns out that the faith itself is a cruel and evil construct and it's deity/ies are very real but very terrible.

That's just my guess. Every story that does that starts like this or with something very similar. If I'm wrong, ignore that. If I'm right, do it anyway. Every story has it's own twists and turns to explore, even in plots that are far more common than this.

Moving on, the writing here is perfection. Beyond, in fact, as there was one word that went totally over my head. Never even heard or read it before. Although, in context, I get a good sense what it means.

I'll admit that Daunox's comments did not make me especially excited to meet Renault, but hopefully the guy will do that enough on his own. Characters don't vouch for each other's awesomeness a lot here, so the characters have to prove themselves. On that note, Elicia hasn't done much yet... I like her hair, though.

It's been a while since I've read a story with a multi-planet setting, and I kinda miss it, so I'm really looking forward to it a lot.
Madcinder chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
Chilling.

Short, but oh so deadly of a prologue. This is great setup for something really huge. The tone and pace of the narration here is perfect. I get the feeling that the overall dark and sinister tone of the prologue doesn't exactly reflect the tone of the rest of the story, but it's a great opener.

Thank you for writing this. It's inspiring, even in it's small size.

"and an idea will never die." Brrrr
360pages chapter 2 . 7/20/2014
You have an amazing way with words, though I do hope the chapters get a little longer, since I wish to have a little more context of what is going. You do not need to tell us that he Loathed Elicia, I think something like that could be conveyed through others words rather than narration, not saying all information have to be told through characters just something like that would give it a little more weight.

Your character actions and reactions are also nice, it never goes down to just two pieces of dialog and you always have a character doing something when speaking to convey how they are and act.
86 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »