Reviews for The Magic Appreciation Society
M1zz chapter 1 . 10/15/2016
Okay, I FINALLY have time to finish this chapter and think about it.

So...I will say that this chapter leaves me a bit confused more than anything else. Of course this is just a prologue and it's supposed to just give us like a hint of the story and such. But still, this doesn't leave me very interested.

I think part of it is the use of some terms that I don't know the meaning of. ACP was something that confused me. The ranks mean nothing to me, though I do understand basically what they mean. But as they stand I'm kinda just like "meh" as opposed to "tell me more".

I can't really describe my feelings on the fight scene. There's things that I like but quite a lot of it left me scratching my head in confusion. I wasn't too sure what was going on.

"...guard backed into the wall and pulled up his rifle. Outside the guardhouse the other soldiers were too busy with the confusion caused by the convoy. No one noticed blood splashing onto the windows." - This was nicely done.

"Alice shook her head in pity. As she smiled again, a loud metallic crunch came from behind the convoy. One of the heavy jeeps landed against a building. A crater deformed its doors and tires, and part of its turret. Then a small mass tumbled through the air and landed with a hard thud. It was one of the rank A-4s that was supposed to be guarding the convoy's rear. He had a bloody gash across the entire breath of his chest. Gunshots and beams of light fired into the darkness as a sudden battle raged behind the convoy.

'Now it's my turn?' Alice asked. " - So this whole bit confused me. At first I thought Alice was the lady throwing things off of her arms. But...like, what happened to the Jeep? I assume Alice didn't do it cause of her 'Now it's my turn' line and what follows. But I'm not sure.

"The gunner opened fire but a large section of the street ripped out of the road to protect her. It curled and turned into a charging wave." - I think this is a bit clunky which is why it confused me at first. I think having it as two sentenced slows down the action. Maybe a comma there or a conjunction?

"Then it compressed and crushed it." - Cut "compressed"

Those are the main things that jumped out at me. A bit confused about who Exile is. Think she's the little girl, but I'm not 100 % sure. I think the main thing about this fight scene is that it feels slow moving, some sentences need trimming and such.

But yeah, not sure how to end this but if you got questions or something you need me to clear up just let me know!
GloryInResurrection chapter 27 . 10/10/2016
Quite good ,chap.
Keep going.
HeroofEnelios chapter 25 . 10/3/2014
Sorry about the long wait for the review of this chapter! Things kept coming up and I couldn't find a good time to sit down and read ;m;

This was an interesting chapter though! I'm eager to see just what Codex will bring to the guild and the story overall, and... I'll say this, Exile is seriously one of my favorite characters. She's just awesome xD

Great job here! Looking forward to the next one!
Phalkor chapter 25 . 9/26/2014
Yay, this chapter is pretty good. I guess we aren't getting the missed chapters in bulk? QQ
0nimaru chapter 25 . 9/26/2014
The plot thickens...
0nimaru chapter 24 . 9/2/2014
To be honest, I really didn't like this chapter much. Mostly because of how easily Codex was convinced to join using ye olde "I can help you understand your feelings" argument. Looking forward to the next chapter as always.
ZzzSleepzz chapter 23 . 8/29/2014
Hahaz, i just read your profile. I'm Really glad that this is finished. Would have had hated it if you dropped it.

Looking forward to Tuesdays and Fridays for the next chapters!
0nimaru chapter 23 . 8/29/2014
"Head the calling fervently or fade in darkness utterly."
It should be "heed", not head.

Once again, another well written chapter. Can't wait to see what's next.
Guest chapter 22 . 8/27/2014
"...is the outpost none of than—" Exile grinned "—the Alamo."

I think you meant "is the outpost none other than"

Once again, a great chapter that is nicely written. Though I still wonder why Exile keeps Kujo around knowing full well how useless he is and how rotten his luck is.
HeroofEnelios chapter 21 . 8/26/2014
Well that was, quite the chapter. Although it was refreshing to have a filler-y and silly chapter amongst the members of the guild. I certainly found it amusing xD
At any rate, I'm looking forward to what happens next! Keep going! :)
HeroofEnelios chapter 20 . 8/26/2014
What an action packed chapter! I wasn't expecting so many, fatalities? But I guess it's to be expected with someone strong like Iris. Was a good fight between him and Hinata.

Overall, nicely done! Keep it up :)
0nimaru chapter 21 . 8/22/2014
"Raine sucker punched Razor in
the gut. Razor clawed a hand up
her shoulder and tried to grab
her shirt, but weakly let go. She
put him over her shoulder and
began running as fast as she
could."
- I may be reading this wrong but where was Razor before he shows up in that paragraph? And thumbs up for this wonderful bit of hilarity. :D
0nimaru chapter 20 . 8/19/2014
For a moment there I thought Abby was going to bite the dust for sure. Thanks for keeping my fave character alive :D

Annnnd Kujo's starting to annoy me now. Having survived three major battles, you'd think that he'd have picked up some new tricks by now, but nooo. Just gets KO'd again and lets other people hog all the badassery. It makes one wonder what everyone (especially Exile and Miho) see in him.
0nimaru chapter 19 . 8/16/2014
Another flawlessly written chapter as usual, Virage! Good job! :)
HeroofEnelios chapter 18 . 8/14/2014
Backstory on Hinata and Miho, and how they know each other. Though I must admit I wasn't expecting their history to be that way. Still, adds quite a bit to their characters, and explains some of the behavior they exhibit toward one another.

Another great chapter! Keep going!
62 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »