Reviews for Hand of Grace
Laima chapter 11 . 9/20/2014
Honestly, I thought the hand thing was a bit soon. Now, we know how Zephyr feels towards Anne, but we haven't actually read any indication of Anne's feelings. That's why it seems a bit unrealistic towards me. Except if Anne is forward by nature. But anyways, very nice chapter, as usual! I'm hoping that the next chapter is in Anne's point of view, as I like her point of view the best! For some reason, I really like the fact that Zephyr is so weak after using his powers-he isn't the unbeatable, all-powerful, untouchable cubus anymore. Basically, I love evrything about his character. Too bad I can't draw men. I would have been obsessively doodling him all day. And thank you for updating regularly! I know how much work this must be for you - I really admire your dedication. Each update makes my day!
Mnop chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
What a start. Where do I begin? I can praise the amazing cliffhanger you left at the end of the prologue, or the way you just dumped the readers immediately into this world, cleanly explaining where they were and what sort of place it was in a very natural and smooth pace, the exposition was barely noticeable from how well it was written. The characters were introduced nicely, and you did something amazing, which is creating an instant emotional connection to a character we had just met. A tired man who lost the love of his life and was starting to go past his prime, and you could just feel his tiredness, I loved it.
And the way you established the relationship between different characters and how they spoke to one another felt very natural and real.
The switching of narrator viewpoints is nice, slightly reminiscent of the Song of Ice and Fire, except they even switched mid-chapter.
In short, I liked it, and this is just my reaction to the very first chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next, and I'll probably be posting my thoughts again once I have read all the chapters you've already published.

Cheers and keep up the good work,
Mnop
Laima chapter 10 . 9/13/2014
To answer your question, I would think a lot less of Anne if she did ask Zephyr into the stall with her. I like the slow progression of their romance, and I totally agree with you about the type of stories where the people fall in love in like seven days and marry a month later. Nobody does that! So thumbs up for the realism! And I really like your explanation of the ranks in this chapter-I find their powers fascinating. And I haven't mentioned this before, but the hair comments in this chapter compels me to: Zephyr's character description is so perfectly suited to him! I don't know why, but for some reason I really like the idea of him with dreadlocks and a beard... Of course, I've always liked male characters with beards and longish hair. I kind of see him as Khal Drogo, just more handsome. Anyways, I'm glad you mentioned attraction in this chapter. To me, it just makes the falling in love part easier. (I'm such a sucker for a well written romance.) Anyways, good job on this chapter! I look forward to the next update!
Valinedel chapter 10 . 9/13/2014
" Do you hate that Anne didn't invite Zephyr into her stall for a tumble..." BWHAHAHHAHA! So apparently I'm not the only one who wants their relationship to progress! I think it would have been too quick for that to happen now, that is for sure! I was kind if hoping that she would somehow figure out he is "hungry" and offer solutions that wouldn't be a tumble per say (too soon), yet something to draw them closer together. :)
couragemylittlelionheart chapter 9 . 9/9/2014
I simply adore this story, and while Zephyr is... well... Death, he's growing on me. Thank you for sharing this with us, and I hope to read more in the future!

side note: I love the fact that while Z is a big-bad baddie... his name reminds me of a gentle breeze. :)
Laima chapter 9 . 9/8/2014
Ooh a new chapter! *squeals* Ok, fangirling aside, I must say I was a little...well...surprised that Anne didn't bat an eyelid at Zephyr's brutality. Because she seems like a caring woman, and seeing anyone tortured like that must have shocked her at least a little bit.(?) And is Zephyr/Anne the accepted pairing now? Because I totally ship them! Anyways, I feel you could write a little bit more chemistry between them, or perhaps just mention that one of them is attracted to the other etc etc. Because now their friendship just feels platonic to me. This is just a suggestion, hey! Because I feel as if I'm criticising. Not that I am. It's just what I would like to see more of. Anyways, very nice chapter! I totally can't wait for the next one!
Valinedel chapter 9 . 9/8/2014
Yes! The interaction did suffice! I found it kind of strange that Zephyr didn't threaten the incubi to begin with to destroy the tree, Unless he had other motives like gaining trust of either Anne or the entourage. I really enjoy how Anne isn't this simpering heroine who is quick to jump to conclusions. With the amount of bad stories out there, you would think a logical women didn't exist! You mentioned you thought about not finishing your story here. If not here, then make sure you mention where you are moving it too!
Valinedel chapter 8 . 8/29/2014
Well here is one reader that will speak out from the void! I have to be honest, I didn't realize a flashback was occurring bc was starting to skim. I was getting bored, thinking why all this history? Snooze! I wanted more interaction between Anne and Zeohyr. I hung in there, though, in the hopes that you weren't going to be one of those authors who just word vomits, making no point. I am glad I did! I shouldn't have doubted you bc you have yet to be a boring author, and everything you write seems to have a purpose. You write SO well. I understand the reason for the flash back and wouldn't that be crazy if Zephyr did have another identity! I CAN'T WAIT for your next chapter!
Laima chapter 8 . 8/29/2014
Firstly, this story is underappreciated. Secondly, THANK YOU FOR UPDATING! Oh my word, I'm addicted to this story. The plot and the characters is so creative and original. You are a very good writer (minus a few typos here and there, but ah well), and I can't stop reading this story. This is probably the third time I've read it. So don't you dare abandon this thing! I really like how you portray each individual character, especially Zephyr. The fact that he admits to having a cruel nature really caught my attention. What really irritates me sometimes is that many male lead characters have no flaws. You have succeeded in making your characters believable, ( to me anyways) and that is one of the most important facets of any good story and plot. The only thing that confused me in this chapter was when Teles started recounting that training stuff-for a moment I wondered if I was in the right story. I think the problem is that you made it sound as if he was at that moment experiencing things, instead of retelling what had happened to him. And what I've noticed other writers do, is to place " ' " before each paragraph to indicate that the speaker is still speaking. Sorry for the confusing nature of that last few statements- I don't know how to describe what I mean. Anyways, PLEASE update soon! And don't be discouraged by the amount of reviews- I assure you that there are people out there who can't get enough of this story! Well done! I am very eagerly awaiting the next update!
Valinedel chapter 5 . 6/28/2014
I'm surprised Teles believed her so quickly, but I am glad he did to help move the story along. Yea for having a cubi as the main character! I didn't see that coming! In fact I thought the romance would be with Teles not Z, although that hasn't been established yet...(I'm hoping)! I look forward to your next chapter delving into the cubi's powers and more specifically how and what emotions he "feeds off of"
Valinedel chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
definitely interested in seeing what happens. I like the magic aspect of this story, so I am really drawn to Kelhon...too bad he is already married _
221 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15