Reviews for Let the Stars Explode
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
The musicality in this piece comes through very strongly. I could tell this was a song (or at least would work very well as a song) right from the start. The flow is gorgeous, and though simple, your images have an honesty which evokes emotions and brings poetry to the piece. The mix of joy and longing is very effective and relatable. Thank you for sharing this!
ahorizonforthenewbirds chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
This is really cute :)
I like the rhyme scheme. It makes the poem sound younger, I guess - as though the lovers are new at what they're doing, and I think it conveys the innocent-but-not-really feeling of love.
The imagery you use is excellent. Magic, grins, stars, guitars, the sun - it honestly made me think of a fantasy novel. It's really nice.
It's more of a song than a poem, but a very good song at that! :D
I think my favourite thing about the poem was how you talked about missing your lover without the poem becoming depressing or losing that magical fantasy-esque tone. That's pretty impressive :)
If anything, I think you could work on the punctuation; it felt a bit too fast to me - just a tad slower pace would've been better, in my opinion.

It's very good overall though :)
Emma Jay1 chapter 1 . 6/29/2014