Reviews for Desert Lilies
Night3603 chapter 7 . 3/17/2017
That...was fantastic, from beginning to end loved it all. I always enjoy reading these types of stories the relative interspecies romances. Very exoctic and interesting to see how both species would react to each other. This was especialy good because I do like the "Lamia and Naga" type creatures they seem to always hold an appeal to me. But regardless very well written and done.
dsrtchck chapter 3 . 10/11/2015
I like how worried Zsarisha was worried about the other former slaves. It just shows how much of an awesome healer she is. I also like how the village is laid out. How females seem to be the dominate sex in this society and not because that's just how personalities are but because they physically are dominate whether or not they want to. It's a good twist to what I typically see in society.
I also really like that you've kept this all in Andoue's POV. It allows me to really get into the story because I can really get into the head of one character instead of being forced to try and understand multiple perspectives. I know that there have been the occasional different POV but it's mostly stayed in just Andoue's. Which I greatly appreciate.
I kind of wish Zsarisha had tried to convince Andoue to stay before the human expressed she wanted to stay. But what she really did, really fits Zsarisha's personality. It was quite the issue Andoue had and I'm glad she decided to stay.
dsrtchck chapter 2 . 10/11/2015
I like the connection between Zsarisha and Andoue. There clearly is one, even if Andoue doesn't seem to see it. Which I doubt with Andoue's past, she would be able to anyways. Nice writing and good story.
dsrtchck chapter 1 . 10/11/2015
This is a very rough beginning. Everything Andoue had to go through is absolutely horrible. I love that you her reactions to such a horrible life, more realistic that what other stories I've read. Some tend to have someone practically ignore what's happened to them and become O/P when in real life, that isn't what happens at all.
I do get a sense the Naga carrying Andoue is already infatuated with her. I like it.
Micah7 chapter 7 . 7/8/2015
I apologize for the odd ending on my previous review. I was saying, if it's a story in a similar vein to this one. And dude, just saying wow. The things you can find if you really dig. Thank you, Internet. I was browsing through fiction press looking deliberately for something...different. The extra chapter/epilogue, itself? I was fascinated and caught by surprise with the shedding. I know that snakes as well as other reptiles shed but...I still didn't expect it being mentioned. I like that you mention even the little things they go through or have went through, rather. The little details matter. They really do. I still love the idea of the dirt ramp instead of stairs. ) I would be grossed out by the whole shedding thing, honestly, but I really like this couple. Its a bonding experience for them.
Micah7 chapter 6 . 7/8/2015
Hey you know, that was very different. Not bad different, quite the contrary. The idea of Zsar's anatomy made sense to me. Like, instead of having it all the way down her tail, which would be weird like her dragging it on the ground all the day, it felt like it was in the best suited area. Andoue has come pretty far (pun intended, but mostly serious) considering her background and everything she's been through. I could feel the love, though. Really. It was sweet as well as hot but didn't lose focus of the plot w/in the citrus-y scenes. If possible, I'd love to read something else from you, if it's s
Micah7 chapter 3 . 7/8/2015
Okay, I like their homes! It's a neat idea. Since they're built half/half their residences are similar. I just really dig the ramp instead of stairs. Oddly, it makes my inner child giddy. *Clears throat* anyway, the men being used for that purpose. Hm. Understandable.
Micah7 chapter 2 . 7/8/2015
This is very nice. It feels all warm (fluffy) and I feel some hope for the protagonist's future. My gut's telling me that Zsarisha is hiding something...? Maybe I'm wrong. That odd stuttering, though..
Micah7 chapter 1 . 7/8/2015
Hm. So far, I like the premise. I've heard of the term Lamia before..just don't remember where. A film, perhaps. Anyway, I wonder what the protagonist looks like? Or perhaps why a wizard wants to use her skin for a ritual? Lots of questions, there. On to the next chapter.